Galaxy Note 2: First thing I don't like.. The alarm clock

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions for an alarm clock or a way to use the stock android clock? I love the UI in the note 2 better than the stock one. Stock you have to open the clock, tap the alarm area to leave "dock mode" and create the alarm. Samsung it pulls it right up. However, the Samsung clock, from what I can tell, has no option to turn off automatic snooze after a few minutes. You also cannot change the actual melody it plays to something loud and annoying. Yes, I'm a heavy sleeper. Any suggestions please let me know. Thanks. Sprint GN2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: First thing I don't like.. The alarm clock

This is the one I've used for a long time. I used the paid version, but there is a free option.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355918965142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355918965142.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 525

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

Alarmdroid is what I use... https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.splunchy.android.alarmclock&token=ASOx_5-U

PFH2l8u69lWFY69L7y6DinTt2MZuLhklPBSxbP57LarCa6Mhao_VHW59JzPTmMrfsQ=w705

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have any suggestions for an alarm clock or a way to use the stock android clock? I love the UI in the note 2 better than the stock one. Stock you have to open the clock, tap the alarm area to leave "dock mode" and create the alarm. Samsung it pulls it right up. However, the Samsung clock, from what I can tell, has no option to turn off automatic snooze after a few minutes. You also cannot change the actual melody it plays to something loud and annoying. Yes, I'm a heavy sleeper. Any suggestions please let me know. Thanks. Sprint GN2.

I think I am missing what your issue is with the standard alarm clock. When you create an alarm do you not have a "more" bar at the bottom of the screen that will give you options for volume, tone, and snooze? If you do, and are those options not what you're talking about?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I have used myClock for a couple of years now. There's a free one and a paid version that is completely re-written.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I think I am missing what your issue is with the standard alarm clock. When you create an alarm do you not have a "more" bar at the bottom of the screen that will give you options for volume, tone, and snooze? If you do, and are those options not what you're talking about?

If he is like me, he didn't know he could scroll down. For the first few weeks, I hit "More" and see the volume, so I assumed that is the ONLY thing under More. I have no idea I could scroll down and see a whole freaking screen full of options. :p

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

If he is like me, he didn't know he could scroll down. For the first few weeks, I hit "More" and see the volume, so I assumed that is the ONLY thing under More. I have no idea I could scroll down and see a whole freaking screen full of options. :p

Haha

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Wow! Another day, and more options I didn't know existed. Is there no end to the discoveries on this phone!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site

That tripped me up too.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

Alarmdroid lets me shake or flip the phone for snooze. Does the default app have that somewhere as well by chance? (note, "shake" is set by default as "off" on alarmdroid, it can be changed in the settings to "snooze")

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Same here!!!

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

That was my issues. I hit more and menu when I setting it up, never scrolled past volume. Those options I was looking for are still there just below volume after you hit more. Thanks for the suggestions.

Alarm Clock Pro was mentioned above, I used that before on a phone that didn't allow custom tones and the alarm was too quiet. That's a good app.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Most nights I dock my phone and let it charge. Dock Clock is a great app for that, it starts when I apply power and it has options to let you really really dim the display.
But the best thing is when it goes off I can say snooze. Don't even have to lift up my head, much less go groping for it :)

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I also use Gentle Alarm. Great program with lots of features.

There are free and paid versions, but I'm not sure of the differences, since I got the paid version a few years ago when it was the Amazon FAOTD.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

It's like every other day I learn something new! People are starting to talk about Note 3 while I am still learning Note 2. Amazing!

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The default alarm lets you yell at it to snooze or quit. To enable that ability, go into s-voice settings and turn on "control apps." As someone who is definitely not a morning person, I find this to be quite cathartic. :)

Alarmdroid lets me shake or flip the phone for snooze. Does the default app have that somewhere as well by chance? (note, "shake" is set by default as "off" on alarmdroid, it can be changed in the settings to "snooze")

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

The default alarm lets you yell at it to snooze or quit. To enable that ability, go into s-voice settings and turn on "control apps." As someone who is definitely not a morning person, I find this to be quite cathartic. :)

That's (truly) awesome! Not sure if my wife and kids would like it much though :D