Hi there,

As a new user to the Android platform with my Samsung Note 2, I'm still struggling to grasp the concept of Contact adding and syncing.

For some, it may be a great thing to have contacts sync with everything (Google, Facebook, etc.). However, I find myself needing to keep my own separate contacts just purely on my phone.

What's weird is that my contact entries seem to be entirely separate between my text messaging and phone book. For example, I have a contact that I can see in my Messaging app (with name and phone number in the entry so I can text), but when I access my Contacts app they simply don't exist?

Can anyone please help??
    12-20-2012 11:01 AM
    When you are in contacts there are a couple things to look at:

1. clicking on a contact - under "Connection" you will see where the contact is coming from - phone icon = phone contact; G icon = Google contact; F icon = Facebook contact

2. When in contacts, but not in one particular contact you can click on Menu - Contacts to display to see only certain types of contacts. All Contacts; Phone; SIM; Gmail; Facebook; etc

You can also join contacts, so if you have someone in on the phone and Google, you can merge them into one contact with all of the information from both contacts. I hope this gets you started.

FYI - the nice thing about Google contacts is that they are automatically backed up. They are also available if you use Google Voice, which is where I manage my contact list. I find it much easier to manage it from the computer. I have also imported contacts from other sources (Apple Address Book; Outlook) and created groups so that work, friends, family, etc can be kept separate.
    12-20-2012 11:44 AM
    Thanks for your response jneusch.

What's weird is that the contact under discussion in my Messaging app, the connection is G for Google.

However, when I set my phone book Contacts to show Google connections tied to my account, they still don't fail to show up.

Does this mean there's a syncing problem somewhere? (FYI the sync in my notification bar is in fact enabled).
    12-20-2012 01:54 PM
    It sounds like it. Try unchecking the sync, then rechecking it to start a fresh sync. See if that helps. I haven't run into the issue personally, so if that doesn't solve it hopefully someone else can chime in.
    12-20-2012 03:32 PM
    Dear all,

I just got a note 2 few days back. I am facing problem with the display of contacts on my note 2.

Whenever I chose to display only phone contacts, but when I exit my phonebook and enter again, it displays all contacts again. This problem does not occur on my friends' note 2.

Hope to get some help from here.

Thank you.
    06-02-2013 10:56 AM