Hi all, I am thinking of buying this Galaxy after Christmas. But not sure what to go for. I done a search and the only one that seams to be available in the UK is the 16Gb model , is the enough ? also would it be worthing waiting to get the LTE 4 G Model, I just don't want to make the mistake I maid when buying a Google Nexus 7 Bought one and a week later out game a 32gb model at the same price. But have now sold it to buy this Samsung Note 2 Phone which one though ?
    12-21-2012 06:04 AM
    Hi all, I am thinking of buying this Galaxy after Christmas. But not sure what to go for. I done a search and the only one that seams to be available in the UK is the 16Gb model , is the enough ? also would it be worthing waiting to get the LTE 4 G Model, I just don't want to make the mistake I maid when buying a Google Nexus 7 Bought one and a week later out game a 32gb model at the same price. But have now sold it to buy this Samsung Note 2 Phone which one though ?
    There already is a discussion in another thread here and you do get a SD card slot.
    12-21-2012 07:46 AM
    Quick question-does the N2 come with an sd card already & if so, what size? (verizon version) TIA!

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!
    12-21-2012 08:23 AM
    Quick question-does the N2 come with an sd card already & if so, what size? (verizon version) TIA!

No it does not. I don't believe any of them come with a pre-installed SD card.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-21-2012 08:33 AM
    No it does not. I don't believe any of them come with a pre-installed SD card.
    Thanks crecca. In the past (I'm going as far back as Storm2 bb days) Verizon used to give that with part of the equipment accessories that came in the box.

12-21-2012 08:48 AM
    Thanks crecca. In the past (I'm going as far back as Storm2 bb days) Verizon used to give that with part of the equipment accessories that came in the box.

I know, I remember back then. I believe that last phone that I go that came with an SD Card was the newest revision of the Blackberry Bold. I don't remember anything after that coming with an external card pre-installed.
    12-21-2012 08:54 AM
    I know, I remember back then. I believe that last phone that I go that came with an SD Card was the newest revision of the Blackberry Bold. I don't remember anything after that coming with an external card pre-installed.
    Yea same here, the bold 9650. From there I moved to my 4S. I'm currently looking to switch to the N2 right after the new year. Looks like a really nice device I'd like after looking at it in Verizon a week back-spent about 45 mins with it. I'm going to try to make another trip back to explore more before the new year comes if my time will allow it lol. Holiday seasons are just crazy busy here by me!

12-21-2012 08:59 AM
    16GB internal.... and I added a 64GB SD...... that's the way to go!
    PsYcHoNeWb likes this.
    12-21-2012 09:42 AM
    There already is a discussion in another thread here and you do get a SD card slot.
    I know it has a SD card slot and will be puting a 64GB card in it, But with some games and apps that will not allow you to move to SD Card will 16 GB be enough ?
    12-21-2012 09:57 AM
    I know it has a SD card slot and will be puting a 64GB card in it, But with some games and apps that will not allow you to move to SD Card will 16 GB be enough ?
    A lot more apps are allowing you to move them to an SD Card. Depending on how you use your phone, I don't actually have an issue with the 16gb size and have never had one issue with memory.
    12-21-2012 10:22 AM
    I would look at your current phone, how much of internal storage are you using? What do you plan on using the storage for? Apps generally don't take that much unless you get into gaming a lot. But even then, are you planning on putting tens of games at once?

There is an app called App backup & restore. Works great for me. I can transfer games/apps thats I am currently not playing to my SD card. When I want to play them, I just have to install it on internal storage. IMO This is the way to go, unless you go rooted.
    12-21-2012 01:22 PM
    I've got about 177 apps on my phone & 49 of them are games. I also have some ringtones as well as the backup settings from different apps saved on my internal memory too. With all this I 'm only using 3.2GB of memory & have about 8GB free. Now I know this will vary per user but with the addition of a memory card slot, it might be more than enough for you

Ah forgot to add that I'm rooted and have removed quite a bit of bloat from my device as well..
    Attached Thumbnails Is galaxy note 2 16gb enough !-screenshot_2012-12-21-13-42-20.png  
    12-21-2012 01:50 PM
    I've got about 177 apps on my phone & 49 of them are games. I also have some ringtones as well as the backup settings from different apps saved on my internal memory too. With all this I 'm only using 3.2GB of memory & have about 8GB free. Now I know this will vary per user but with the addition of a memory card slot, it might be more than enough for you

Ah forgot to add that I'm rooted and have removed quite a bit of bloat from my device as well..
    Wow 177 apps. Curious, do you use them all? If not, what do you do with the ones you don't use? I've only found a handful of apps that I use on a regular basis and even then I thought that was a lot.

But yea, 49 games and only 3'ish gigs with apps, I think 16gb is pretty plenty.
    12-21-2012 02:03 PM
    Yes for the most part. Some of them I use once in a blue moon & others are in use constantly. I do a clean sweep every now and then and get rid of some apps I haven't touched in a while or don't have a use for anymore.
    12-21-2012 02:16 PM
    I only see a problem if you only had 16GB internal with nowhere to store media. 16GB for just system and apps seems like plenty. I have 150+ apps installed, 6 launchers, 50 system fonts and several WiFi only games. 7.92GB free space...
    12-21-2012 03:12 PM
    16 GB seems to be enough for me. I have a 16 GB micro SD card as well. Seems to meet my needs,

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    12-21-2012 07:54 PM