Sitting with the Note 2 in your pocket

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Folks, need your input. For those of you that carry your Note 2 in your left/right jeans/pants pocket - how does it feel when you sit down with it in there? I mean sitting down to work on the computer - which I am doing for plenty of the time, or sitting in a car - not your own, or sitting in a restaurant over lunch.

Does it feel okay doing these things? I tried it out in the store, and it seems like it might be awkward for example when I am out at lunch sitting in a restaurant, and the phone rings. It seems as though I would have to stand up to get the thing out of my pocket. Even more concerning is if I am sitting at someone's desk and the phone rings - do I have to stand up to take it out? What if I am in the car with it in my pocket - not my own car - how would I take the thing out to answer the call? Another scenario is when I am on a flight - how will it feel in my pocket for 3-4 hours?

Any folks here that travel a lot - please post your experience with how you handle this device.

Very close to getting one of these. I so love the S-pen. Remarkable handwriting recognition. Only remaining concern is the size and feel in my front pocket.

Coug

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No problem at all for me. I keep mine in my left pocket and am wearing jeans most of the time. Case makes a big difference. My first one was a speck clamshell and that seemed big. Switched to a OEM and works great.

losmorob

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Front left pocket of my jeans or Dickee's loos fit work slacks all the time. And I do a lot of squatting and working on my knees at work. Sitting down is no problem. I do take it out of my pocket when I'm in the car. Not a problem as I use it in the car for Podcasts, Slacker, search, etc....love this phone.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got off a plane from dfw to eugene with it in my back pocket. No problem at all. I don't get to take it to work. But, it fits in all my pants pockets without any problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have one pair of jeans that this phone doesn't fit in, and that's because the pockets aren't deep enough (phone will dig into my hip area when seated)....maybe someone needs to come out with a baller looking man bag for these occasions. I usually have it out in front of me though, so it's not usually In pocket.

pgreeny69

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Front left pocket. Only problem I have is with loose athletic /sweat pants when sitting in my truck it seems like it wants to slide out so when in my vehicle I just lay it on my console.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
With some tighter fitting pants/shorts I have to stand up to get my Note 2 out of my pocket. However, with more lose fitting pants/shorts it is not an issue to get the phone in and out of my pocket without standing up.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently got mine, and it fits OK in my pants pocket. I have to get used to it being there since I've always carried my phone in a hip holster. It doesn't feel comfortable while driving, so I take it out. If the phone rings, I can still take it out of my pocket just fine, but not as fast as my previous phones using a hip holster.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Uristocles

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Front left pocket; it's been a couple months now and still good to go in all jeans and slacks. If anything I might need to straighten my leg a little but certainly have never needed to stand up.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
most def, but I do find that with tighter jeans or shallower pockets that the top of the note might stick out a bit. I am only guessing that fitted pants would also make fitting the note in your pocket a little bit more difficult. I have been walking around with the note in my pants pocket at work, regular Dickies pants and I don't even notice its there until it goes off lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon