Off to work this morning leaving the house at 97%. Arrived 15 minutes later at 90%. Hmm, something seems strange. An hour later down to 49%. check Battery in settings Showing OS using a lot. Restart phone. 45% 5 minutes later and very hot. Download GSam to figure out what's wrong. 71% use on android OS, with a lot of accelerometer use and over 590 wakes. Pull battery at 35% and attempt to restart. Nothing!

Leave work and put on the charger and see the battery indicator charging. Phone now turns on with same issue. The battery level will not go up and no improvements. Try another restart with no luck and finally a battery pull again.

Phone is dead! I did nothing out of the ordinary and no new apps. I immediately had Best Buy replace it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    12-24-2012 08:36 PM
    my father had a similiar issue was his the other day. His battery was going down super quick. So fast in fact that even while on the charger we could still watch the battery percentage go down. Ended up being a rogue app. He had auto downloads turned on and update came out that was doing something it wasnt supposed to. I just went to application manager and uninstalled his most recent updates and all was well after that.
    12-24-2012 09:21 PM
    When you get any battery drain reach for CPU Spy and OS Monitor. Even the Task Manager that Samsung gives you with the phone is useful in tracking down a bad app/source of the drain.
    12-24-2012 09:31 PM
    How would I easily find out what apps have been recently updated? Also, what would I be looking for in Task Manager to track down a big source of battery drain?

Today my batter is dropping faster than usual with minimal use. I am at the same location as normal with good cellular reception and on wifi. Battery under settings is showing a higher percentage for Android OS than Screen, which is unusual. GSam is showing I. The range of 75% from app usage, most of which is the OS.

I haven't installed anything new, but I did change a few settings in Nova today. I am thinking maybe something updated a d got a little whacky. I restarted and things seemed to have settled down, but I want to keep an eye on it and be prepared if the problem reappears.
    01-02-2013 06:40 PM
    How would I easily find out what apps have been recently updated? Also, what would I be looking for in Task Manager to track down a big source of battery drain?

Today my batter is dropping faster than usual with minimal use. I am at the same location as normal with good cellular reception and on wifi. Battery under settings is showing a higher percentage for Android OS than Screen, which is unusual. GSam is showing I. The range of 75% from app usage, most of which is the OS.

I haven't installed anything new, but I did change a few settings in Nova today. I am thinking maybe something updated a d got a little whacky. I restarted and things seemed to have settled down, but I want to keep an eye on it and be prepared if the problem reappears.
    Nova did just update today for me. Could be an issue.
    01-02-2013 09:31 PM
    Really any app that is att related has to go. Just go tge application manager and look att the running apps. GPS apps are battery drainers also apps like dropbox are bad a well. Anything cloud related will try to upload your stuff to servers.
    01-02-2013 10:38 PM
    +1 on CPU Spy. And if you're having trouble putting the phone in deep sleep, I suggest downloading Deep Sleep Battery Saver. Play with the settings that works best for you. (I use the Balance mode)
    jneusch likes this.
    01-02-2013 10:49 PM