"...the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"

I found this out when I tried to transfer my Titanium Backup (from my Nexus 7) files to restore my apps and app data there. Here's what I did to try to remedy the situation:

1. I installed the right samsung drivers. Tried the same thing before and after rooting, with the stock and custom ROM (Omega v8.0 ROM) to no avail
    2. I copy-pasted all the contents to a folder on my pc, then formatted it (no option to format it to a FAT32 drive, it just formatted it straight to Generic Hierarchical. With the phone now clean, I tried copying back the original contents but found out that I couldn't for a few of the files (same warning window popped up)

I can create and delete folders on my phone fine with no problems. I think it has something to do with the timing. After multiple tries, I managed to copy a few of the total files over.

Is something wrong with my phone's hard disk, or is it a software problem?

I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem, and how they remedied it?

I looked up this problem and found out that some people fixed it by formatting their devices (sandisk mp3 players), as for phones, well, the threads just died out without solutions.
    12-25-2012 05:15 AM