Camera pic quality

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Too me this big beautiful camera takes horrible inside pics, is it just me? Tried taking christmas pictures this morning and I was just not happy at all. It seems really grainy to me. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is it the photographer?

20121224_183747.jpg

20121221_220700.jpg

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I would blame it on the lack of a two-stage shutter function on the phone.
I just looked through the pics thread and they're mostly hit and miss. I think it's a matter of getting the focus right on before you snap the picture.
I would also play with the settings more.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It does take horrible pics when you zoom too much... Hope this helps. Other than that it has taken spectacular pics, specially at night for some reason....

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Auto iso will give bad results in dim light because it will be iso 800. Try the hdr option to reduce grain

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Few things.

First off, always always always clean your camera lens with a soft cloth every time you go to shoot pictures. This goes for just about any camera, not just the one on your phone. You'd be amazed how big of a difference this can make even if you don't think you touched your lens and smudged it up.

Second, focus. It's all about focus. Even in a relatively low light setting you can walk away with fairly sharp pictures so long as you let the camera focus properly. It will give a decent auto-focus most of the time so long as your target is in the center of the screen, but this camera has a pretty weak focus depth so again make sure your target is in focus. Otherwise you get the type of blurry flatness that you see in the first pic you posted.

Third, if you can deal with it, manually drop the ISO to as low as you possibly can, closer to 100 being better, without totally underexposing shots. As Dave1812 said high ISO which you will usually get with it set to auto, lead to very grainy shots. I can't speak in the same positive light towards HDR mode as he did, as it too pumps up the ISO in low light as well, but give it a shot and see how it works for you.

At the end of the day no cellphone camera is going to take excellent interior shots. The technology simply isn't there yet. If high quality printable interior shots are something you require then I recommend you get a real camera. Just be prepared to cough up some decent money for decent rendering capability.

SoundsGood

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Too me this big beautiful camera takes horrible inside pics, is it just me?
It's not just you. I'm thinking about switching from an iPhone to a Galaxy Note 2 (or S3) so I've been looking at a LOT of reviews.

Picture and video quality is very important to me so I've been especially looking for reviews with comparison pics. I'm sorry to say that the Note 2 does rather poorly in the picture department (especially with low-light and/or indoor shots). I'm pretty disappointed. I likely won't buy this phone due to the poor pictures it takes -- unfortunately. :(

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you. I'm thinking about switching from an iPhone to a Galaxy Note 2 (or S3) so I've been looking at a LOT of reviews.

Picture and video quality is very important to me so I've been especially looking for reviews with comparison pics. I'm sorry to say that the Note 2 does rather poorly in the picture department (especially with low-light and/or indoor shots). I'm pretty disappointed. I likely won't buy this phone due to the poor pictures it takes -- unfortunately. :(

Check out "LucidMike78 on YouTube. I can't remember the episode, but he discussed taking pictures with it and the settings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356655301726.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356655301726.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 33

weber022676

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I came from the evo 4G lte and the note 2's camera has been the only disappointment. It's much harder to get shots to focus.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I came from the evo 4G lte and the note 2's camera has been the only disappointment. It's much harder to get shots to focus.

I personally haven't had a problem... there is a low light feature, as well as iso and other settings...

Sent from my G-Note 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Probably what you are seeing is blur from the very slow shutter speeds rather than out-of-focus

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Probably what you are seeing is blur from the very slow shutter speeds rather than out-of-focus

I have found the shutter speed slower with flash focus as it needs the light, but day shots are not slow like that. I expect a pause to focus with flash...

SoundsGood

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
there is a low light feature, as well as iso and other settings...
Thing is, I'd rather not stop to check and change the settings every time I wanna take a picture. Especially when it doesn't need to be done with the iPhone that I already own.

Even though I'd like to get a new phone now, I think I might wait for the Galaxy S4 to see if it has a better camera. I don't know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12