Best screen protector for the Note 2?

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

Now that I'm all but convinced to get the Note 2 (searching out best deals at the moment), I'm wondering which screen protector would be the best? I had a ZAGG one on my HTC EVO 4G initially and after 2 years the orange peel affect became so bad, icon clarity really degraded to the point that I had to replace it. I did put a replacement one on (forget the brand at the moment) but made the touch of the screen just like touching the glass and giving immaculate clarity. Of course the trade off is the finger printing, but that's a minor issue.

What does everyone use for their Note 2's?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Spigen Ultra Crystal just got my note and put this on and a Seidio Surface case and that is a perfect combination :)

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Spigen Ultra Crystal just got my note and put this on and a Seidio Surface case and that is a perfect combination :)

I personally am using a Zagg HD with no problems. I like the grip that Zagg provides. However, lots of places I am reading good things about the Spigen especially from people that use the S pen a lot that prefer a very smooth surface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Go into a Verizon store, ask them for the Galaxy Note 2 screen protector, it's about $12.

You get 3 in a pack (vs 1 for the same or more cost of the other brands) and it feels as smooth as glass, easy application no messing with water and junk, and it will never cause your screen to look nasty due to some ugly material adverse effect. Get it.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Go into a Verizon store, ask them for the Galaxy Note 2 screen protector, it's about $12.

You get 3 in a pack (vs 1 for the same or more cost of the other brands) and it feels as smooth as glass, easy application no messing with water and junk, and it will never cause your screen to look nasty due to some ugly material adverse effect. Get it.

I tried those I got finger prints and oil on my screen. I switched to sgp oleophobic perfect but pricey for two

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Heifzilla

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Moshi AG but they are not for everyone. It makes the screen a little fuzzy but it doesn't bother me. I do know a lot of people don't like it for that reason, though. I just like the matte finish and no fingerprints on the screen.

Sent from my Note 2

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
i really don't mind a few fingerprints but I really have to say that the setup I have on mine really is a quality setup and I get no interferance from the kickstand magnet when using the s pen. What a stunning phone I just wish I knew what it can really do :) I just need a classy tutorial on setting up another launcher so I can use stock or custom.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
i really don't mind a few fingerprints but I really have to say that the setup I have on mine really is a quality setup and I get no interferance from the kickstand magnet when using the s pen. What a stunning phone I just wish I knew what it can really do :) I just need a classy tutorial on setting up another launcher so I can use stock or custom.

I think I'm going to order the spigen also. I have the spec case and the Note 2 flip case, but if really like one of the spigen leather cases.

And check out LucidMike 78 on YouTube. He has great and tons of tutorials on this phone only. He has tons of things about this phone that I couldn't even imagine. There are just a lot of them!

SevenThree

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally am using a Zagg HD with no problems. I like the grip that Zagg provides. However, lots of places I am reading good things about the Spigen especially from people that use the S pen a lot that prefer a very smooth surface.

I'm using the Spigen SGP Ultra Oleophobic and it's great with the S-Pen. Screen clarity is really good as well. Although, there are a few more fingerprints than I'd like even though there aren't as many fingerprints as the Ultra Crystal. It all depends on whether your main preference is clarity or anti-fingerprint qualities.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the mobc oleophobic screen protector. It's supposed to be just like the spigen oleophobic version. So far I like it a lot. It feels just like the original glass on my gnote 2 and the stylus does not leave marks on it. So far so good. And it was 9.99 with free shipping. So a little less than the spigen brand. We'll see how it lasts after a couple weeks of constant use. So far it kills the zagg hd.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am using a Spigen SPG Ultra, which is really nice. I am using it with a Surface as well. I am disappointed that Spigen doesn't have a lifetime warranty replacement program like Zagg. I have always used Zagg in the past, but went with the Spigen based on feedback here. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I usually changed out my Zagg protectors when they would start looking worn. All you do is go to their web site and file a replacement claim. They ship you a new one and you return the old. Very easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After having ZAGG myself on my EVO for 2 years I didn't realize how bad the orange peel affect was and worse, the greater the rubberized drag was becoming on my fingers when trying to just swype to text. That is I didn't realize how bad it was until I took my ZAGG off and put on a Spigen. Nothing against ZAGG because they seem to be a good company, but the screen protector felt more like a stretchy rubbery item then a hard screen protector that I was used too. After taking it off I noticed it had yellowed over time and even getting fingerprint marks out became near impossible.

For those who are more familiar with Spigen, I notice the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic are nearly identical except the Oleophobic's ability to reduce fingerprints. Even in the area of clarity and light transmittance they have the same start rating on Spigens website. Can anyone here confirm that the Ultra Oleophobic does indeed have the same crystal clear clarity that the Ultra Crystal does?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
After having ZAGG myself on my EVO for 2 years I didn't realize how bad the orange peel affect was and worse, the greater the rubberized drag was becoming on my fingers when trying to just swype to text. That is I didn't realize how bad it was until I took my ZAGG off and put on a Spigen. Nothing against ZAGG because they seem to be a good company, but the screen protector felt more like a stretchy rubbery item then a hard screen protector that I was used too. After taking it off I noticed it had yellowed over time and even getting fingerprint marks out became near impossible.

For those who are more familiar with Spigen, I notice the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic are nearly identical except the Oleophobic's ability to reduce fingerprints. Even in the area of clarity and light transmittance they have the same start rating on Spigens website. Can anyone here confirm that the Ultra Oleophobic does indeed have the same crystal clear clarity that the Ultra Crystal does?

I can't compare the 2 but I can say that that the oleophobic ultra one is amazing in clarity and feels a whole lot better than zagg.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
"Just Like Glass" from DBA Cases. Way better than Zagg.

If it lives up to its claims, seems like a good option. If you do not mind the wet application, that is...

IMHO, wet application makes it a no go for me. For those a little braver, worth a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol