First 12 hours with Note 2

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
mikearaba, interesting that you are trying out the Note 2. I too am skeptical of Google due to the fact that they are an advertising company. Their next frontier is mobile advertising - they just haven't figured out how to monetize Android. Soon, they will. That irks me. Just for this reason I have been looking into Windows Phone.

Separate question: have you tried out the S-pen with handwriting recognition rather than typing, and how do you find it?

It has been about 3 days now. How are you finding the size. Is it getting painful carrying it around in your front pocket? Annoying when you are sitting for a while? Or have you started getting used to the block lying there all the time?

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to be tracked by a Russian Spy why are you using IE? Easily the browser that leaves the most data fragments when you sure probably ever.

Just saying :D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Easily the browser that leaves the most data fragments when you sure probably ever.

What data fragments does it leave? There is no such thing as a browser leaving data fragments. Are you basing your statements on actual knowledge or based on the FUD about IE? IE does have issues, so do the other browsers, including Chrome. Not to make this a debate about browsers, but if you are not basing your statement on known fact, do say so. If on the other hand you know something about this, do enlighten us all on what and how.

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
mikearaba, interesting that you are trying out the Note 2. I too am skeptical of Google due to the fact that they are an advertising company. Their next frontier is mobile advertising - they just haven't figured out how to monetize Android. Soon, they will. That irks me. Just for this reason I have been looking into Windows Phone.

Separate question: have you tried out the S-pen with handwriting recognition rather than typing, and how do you find it?

It has been about 3 days now. How are you finding the size. Is it getting painful carrying it around in your front pocket? Annoying when you are sitting for a while? Or have you started getting used to the block lying there all the time?

I did use the pen for handwriting recognition and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. No problem with the phone in my pocket either. That was one of my concerns from the beginning, but it wasn't an issue. I'm not a fan boy but I really like this phone and the way it does what I want it to do. I write notes in script everyday in an S Pen app like a diary. I could let it convert it to text, but I like just writing it like on a note pad.

Last edited:

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Because Microsoft has not found a way to monetize Windows? Or because they dont track you through their various programs on their phones or PCs? :rolleyes:

These companies are in the game to make money. If you buy and use a windows phone msft will know every move you make with that device, as will your carrier. Can we just get past all this "I dont want anyone tracking me and trying to take my money and personal info" nonsense. If you don't want any of that, dont use a cellphone at all and stay off the internet completely.

Sorry to mikeraba for derailing your thread. I am glad to hear things are going well with your Note so far. Have you tried anything with your browser favorites yet that worked to your liking?

Sent from my SCH-I605

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to be tracked by a Russian Spy why are you using IE? Easily the browser that leaves the most data fragments when you sure probably ever.

Just saying :D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

I said "like" a Russian spy, not by a Russian spy. I have no idea what your last sentence means. Especially the "when you sure probably ever" part

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Because Microsoft has not found a way to monetize Windows? ... :rolleyes:

lpt2569, we are in a capitalist system. Everybody is trying to make money. Necessary to survive in this system. Even we as individuals are.

The difference is in a pay for use/ownership vs. free, but I will stick advertising in your face as and when I please it, and whatever I choose to. I would far prefer the previous. So yes, Microsoft has been making money for a long time - not by giving it away for free in the hopes that they will sell advertising, but instead by directly charging for the value of what they make and sell.

Ponder a bit before you roll your eyes in the future, and derail a thread with a thoughtless and conceited comment.

laststop311

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey Flow is going to be the ultimate keyboard. The legendary text predictions of swiftkey with the super fast and easy swiping text entry of swype, but it's swiping has even more features then swype. You can swipe whole sentences with swiftkey flow and it will put all the right spaces in.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
lpt2569, we are in a capitalist system. Everybody is trying to make money. Necessary to survive in this system. Even we as individuals are.

The difference is in a pay for use/ownership vs. free, but I will stick advertising in your face as and when I please it, and whatever I choose to. I would far prefer the previous. So yes, Microsoft has been making money for a long time - not by giving it away for free in the hopes that they will sell advertising, but instead by directly charging for the value of what they make and sell.

Ponder a bit before you roll your eyes in the future, and derail a thread with a thoughtless and conceited comment.

Ok. Yes I am thoughtless and conceited. I have been offering help to the OP the best I can to get the most enjoyable experience from the Note, but you want to talk about how devious Google is for trying to make money from advertising, which pretty much everyone by now knows that's how they make money. Yet here you are on an Android forum on the internet, saying you don't trust Google and prefer to deal with other tech companies because they are so much more upfront about everything they do business-wise...right. And I derailed the thread? Ok. Good luck folks. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11