Get a free Flip Cover and NFC Tectiles by registering it with Samsung

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Tectiles are little tiles that you can program tasks for your phone to do when you touch your NFC enabled device to it. Check out how they work on YouTube if you want to see

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Thank you....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a generic flip cover and although I like it and it does look sophisticated I couldn't leave it on my phone too long. Not much protection if it ever fell. I do like it for the office though. Keeps screen covered from wandering eyes. I wish Samsung would give them out again. I had the 50% off coupon but couldn't use it because the tectiles were backordered.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
tectiles are FANTASTIC.

I can only imagine what the general public and apple supporters would say, if it was presented as a feature on the iphone.

I have two tectiles in the garage, when I leave it turns off wifi, turns on bluetooth, and turns on GPS. When I come home, it turns off bluetooth and gps, turns on wifi, and connects to the preferred network that I've assigned it to.

Could I just as easily do all that by swiping down on the notification bar? Sure, but this is far easier and quite a convenience once you start using it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
tectiles are FANTASTIC.

I can only imagine what the general public and apple supporters would say, if it was presented as a feature on the iphone.

I have two tectiles in the garage, when I leave it turns off wifi, turns on bluetooth, and turns on GPS. When I come home, it turns off bluetooth and gps, turns on wifi, and connects to the preferred network that I've assigned it to.

Could I just as easily do all that by swiping down on the notification bar? Sure, but this is far easier and quite a convenience once you start using it.

I need to do this. Place some in my car maybe to activate blue tooth.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I need to do this. Place some in my car maybe to activate blue tooth.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

not only could you have it set to activate bluetooth, but i have one in my wife's car so that it turns on bluetooth, opens Pandora, sets a specific volume level, and automatically starts playing. Instead of getting in the car and running through a bunch of taps on the screen, she touches her phone to the tectile and everything starts on it's own.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
tectiles are FANTASTIC.

They work by tapping it to the chip correct? Doesn't work as a proxy sensor does it?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They work by tapping it to the chip correct? Doesn't work as a proxy sensor does it?

it works with NFC. You write the tectiles with a desired task and every time you touch your NFC enabled device, it will perform whatever tasks were assigned to that tectile. There are more in depth videos on YouTube for you to get an idea of how they work.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mines today.. Not a bad gift at all.. I may use it in public to keep people from reading my screen..

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my Orange flip cover and TecTiles this morning ... Im in Maryland right outside DC. Not really sure what im gonna do with this orange cover, not really my color lol, but the TecTiles will come in handy!!

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got my Orange flip cover and TecTiles this morning ... Im in Maryland right outside DC. Not really sure what im gonna do with this orange cover, not really my color lol, but the TecTiles will come in handy!!

Got mine today. .bfe Kentucky no idea yet what going to do with textiles yet

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today and not really digging the Orange so if anyone has the other colors (not pink) I would love to trade.

Aside from the color, fit and function are great. Just hope I find something I can take out in public.

Thanks Sammy!

mr92603

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine came yesterday and I am in Ohio. I had the choice of orange and pink (I really wanted the lime green) & since I can't stand pink, I went with the obnoxious orange. But hey...it was free so no complaints here :D

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
not only could you have it set to activate bluetooth, but i have one in my wife's car so that it turns on bluetooth, opens Pandora, sets a specific volume level, and automatically starts playing. Instead of getting in the car and running through a bunch of taps on the screen, she touches her phone to the tectile and everything starts on it's own.

Prius? Id like to do that too! Is there a prius-note2 thread anywhere ? I cant find any. It would be nice to have info on how to maximize these two techs together. :)