07-27-2013 09:53 PM
176 ... 5678
tools
    It's the screen cracking that I'm worried about. Have yet to drop it but at least with a case it might stand a chance.
    That's what the tempered glass is for. Protects the screen from drops. They're more expensive than the plastic screen protectors, but they are worth it.
    07-21-2013 10:29 PM
    I got the Incipio folio style case. Don't like it. The flap definitely gets in the way. Even more than another folio style might because of how it fips open to make a viewing stand. I am probably at more risk of dropping it than without, but at least it has some protection if I do.

Get something on that phone and do it soon!

I have used Seidio before. They are very nice. I might end up with their Active. The urban Armor looks good. Ballistic makes a case similar to the otter box defender. I think it is nicer but very bulky.

I wish life proof made a case for us. Buggers!
    07-22-2013 12:58 AM
    I use the Tech 21 D3O case. It has some kind of 3 layer technology, you can see the orange layer around the sides. I used the same type of case on my S2. I love the low profile fit and it feels great in the hand.

I just got my Note 2 today and I love it.

The only issue I've noticed so far is when using Google sky map's, I have to have gps on. If I turn off my gps sky maps shows everything like I'm using it on the other side of the world. But that's the only problem I've noticed so far.

I wish I would have got this phone 2 months ago when it was released. I can't believe how great this phone is. Also the battery life is amazing! I have had almost 5 hours of on screen time and I'm at 49% and it's only my first charge.

I love this phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Where can I get one?
    07-22-2013 01:30 AM
    Flap cover is best of all... B|

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2013 02:55 AM
    My thing with the Note (and Galaxy series in general) is that if I ding up the back I can just replace it, so why bother with a case?
    We think alike dude

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    07-22-2013 11:01 AM
    Casemate Tough Case is the best case I've tried for my Note 2... and I tried a lot! It's thin, rugged, grippy, and looks good.

I paid $30 for mine, and now I see them on Amazon for $16 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Blue / Grey Tough Cases - Sold by CASE-MATE
    07-22-2013 02:12 PM
    That's what the tempered glass is for. Protects the screen from drops. They're more expensive than the plastic screen protectors, but they are worth it.
    I like the matte spigen screen protector I have atm though.

Does a glass screen protector truly protect it? I would consider a switch if that's the case.
    07-22-2013 03:41 PM
    I like the matte spigen screen protector I have atm though.

Does a glass screen protector truly protect it? I would consider a switch if that's the case.
    Check out the drop test:

Drops it twice, pretty much flat on the ground. The ground was rough too, which is more realistic conditions. First drop wasn't too bad, second drop smashed the glass protector. He takes off the protector and screen is perfectly fine. It was an iPhone and not a Note 2, but it's all the same thing.

I personally have the Seidio Vitreo and not the one in the video, but tempered glass works. A normal plastic screen protector would need a case to protect from falls.
    07-22-2013 10:07 PM
    Loop
    Check out the drop test:

Drops it twice, pretty much flat on the ground. The ground was rough too, which is more realistic conditions. First drop wasn't too bad, second drop smashed the glass protector. He takes off the protector and screen is perfectly fine. It was an iPhone and not a Note 2, but it's all the same thing.

I personally have the Seidio Vitreo and not the one in the video, but tempered glass works. A normal plastic screen protector would need a case to protect from falls.
    I went through this. Dropped my note 2 on concrete and the tempered glass shattered. I was upset because I had really forgotten I had the tempered glass protector on. After a few very painful mins I remembered,, slowly pulled the protector off and the screen was perfect. Because they took so long to answer my email they gave me a Replacement for 75 percent off,, normally they will replace for 40 percent off. FYI MY brand of choice is MEMI.

07-23-2013 06:17 AM
    Ok that's awesome news

I'm hoping there is a matte version. If not, how are the ones you have in regards to fingerprints and glare?

Also, I take it these don't stratch easily?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II LTE using Tapatalk
    07-23-2013 11:40 AM
    FYI MY brand of choice is MEMI. .
    Do you have a link? I tried Googling, but didn't find much. I'm always interested in looking at other brands.

Ok that's awesome news

I'm hoping there is a matte version. If not, how are the ones you have in regards to fingerprints and glare?

Also, I take it these don't stratch easily?
    I'm not sure if a matte version exists. So far I've just seen clear glass.

For fingerprints, it's not too bad. You still get fingerprints, but they wipe off easy. With plastic, oil seeps in and eventually ruins the plastic. It becomes almost impossible to clean after so long. With glass, fingerprints wipe off in seconds. The oil doesn't seep in so as long as you don't drop and crack it, the glass will hold up far longer than plastic.

The glass won't scratch easy, but it'll crack on drop. If the drop is short you could get lucky and not have it crack, but on longer drops it'll most likely crack. That's a good thing though as it's the protector cracking, not your devices screen.
    07-23-2013 06:28 PM
    I use the Best Buy Platinum series case.
    07-23-2013 09:27 PM
    I will get link on my break. I spelled it wrong, sorry.. It's MIME not memi.

07-24-2013 07:12 AM
    I'm having trouble finding these glass protectors on uk online shopping sites. Like the ones on amazon don't seem to be a well known manufacter or have any reviews.

07-24-2013 03:22 PM
    I'm having trouble finding these glass protectors on uk online shopping sites. Like the ones on amazon don't seem to be a well known manufacter or have any reviews.

http://mimeusa.com/product/galaxy-no...een-protector/

alamarco likes this.
    07-24-2013 05:25 PM
    http://mimeusa.com/product/galaxy-no...een-protector/

Cheers, but that means I'll have to import it from the US.

I was hoping for a UK based one.

07-24-2013 05:32 PM
    i like to buy a cute case to protect me iphone.
    07-24-2013 10:42 PM
    I just have thin "fashion" cases if that's what u wanna call them. Its big and heavy enough that I don't feel like im going to drop it. No screen protector either, hate those. Haven't used one in years. Never had to replace any of my phones for a broken screen....

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    07-25-2013 07:55 AM
    I wish they made a Lifeproof case for the Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-27-2013 09:11 AM
    No case, no screen protector. Just taking care of my phone by being careful :-)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-27-2013 11:23 AM
    No case, no screen protector. Just taking care of my phone by being careful :-)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app
    Living on the wild side....!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
    07-27-2013 03:22 PM
    You could always give your little buddy a jacket, a backpack and a pair of shoes lol

Yes, this really does exist:

★GIVEAWAY★Zenus Mini Pack Case for Galaxy Note 2 - Galaxy Note 2 - Smart Phone
    07-27-2013 04:45 PM

BodyGuardz Premium Galaxy Note 2 Pure Glass Screen Protector

Expensive, but probably worth it.
    07-27-2013 04:47 PM
    Well, Otterbox does make a Defender for her.

Sent from my Element Eclipsed S4
    07-27-2013 05:26 PM
    I think all the glass manufacturers ship from USA. You can order from their website direct, but it'll be expensive. The Seidio Vitreo for example is $30 to ship to Manchester.
    07-27-2013 05:58 PM
176 ... 5678