How do you protect your precious Note II?

Meadeloaf

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My Otterbox Defender just came in today, and I love it.

When I first got the case this morning, there was a small gap between the screen protector and the screen, but now (this evening) after using it most of the day, the gap seems to have desappeared and now there's a bit of an air bubble, but it's only noticeable when the screen is off, and doesn't get in the way of normal usage. Even with the S-Pen.

Personally, it doesn't bug me too much, but there's always the option of punching out the built-in one and putting on a normal one.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sporting a Speck Candyshell in black/gray that's covering my titanium Note 2. Standard issue Verizon screen protector does the trick for me.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a zagg screen protector but it showed marks on it too much plus it didn't feel right. So I took it back and got an oleophobic screen protector a lot like the spigen ultra clear oleophobic protector. It was$5 cheaper than the spigen. Then I also use a tpu case and I put the whole thing in a leather belt case. Plan on getting a generic holster combo case like the seidio active to have it on some days I want a little more protection. We'll see how the generic one holds up. If it sucks I'll get the active since my last phone had it and I loved it.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Elago G6 slim fit soft touch in indigo + MOBc ultra fine oleophobic screen guard.

The case won't protect much in a fall but I detest bulky cases and got the thinnest I could find that would give me more grip than the slippery oem battery cover. The MOBc screen guard is very comparable to the spigen oleophobic. Works great with the S pen and install was very easy.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a belkin fake leather wrap around case that as does multi angle viewing. Not rocking a screen protector right now. I may if I decide to get another case but I find that unnecessary right now. Plus I need to find a screen protector that feels like glass because I usually hate screen protectors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have put every phone I have had since they turned in to smart phones in a holster on my belt and do not use a case or screen protector. This is no exception. I use the Smart Phone Experts leather holster. I was afraid it would be big on my belt, but its not. I like this holster option better since it lays closer to my belt than the Otterbox plus clip, and others like it (case plus clip).

This protects the phone perfectly, I never get scratches or breaks.

I plan to add a Flygrip as was mentioned earlier, and will use the free case that they send with it. This was I can use the phone with the Flygrip, but if I want to, I can remove the case that the Flygrip is attached to and be able to lay the GN2 flat on a desk.

Have not decided on a screen protector or not, I never get scratches, but this phone will be used a great deal more than any other I have ever had, so maybe I will.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I am a female and I like my phone to look sexy,so no bulky cases no screen protectors. See my cases attached. More to come:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

If a screen protector is put on correctly you shouldn't even be able to tell its on. I know on mine you can tell its there.

Just ordered Otterbox Defender "Knight" for mine

laststop311

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use a thin clear sticky plastic that covers the front and rear. It's practically invisible only adds a couple grams of weight adds zero extra size to the already large frame, and protects against dirt,light moisture, scuffs, scrapes, scratches, gouges. No hard impact or drop protection as it costs bulk and weight to achieve those.

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Elago G6 slim fit soft touch in indigo + MOBc ultra fine oleophobic screen guard.

The case won't protect much in a fall but I detest bulky cases and got the thinnest I could find that would give me more grip than the slippery oem battery cover. The MOBc screen guard is very comparable to the spigen oleophobic. Works great with the S pen and install was very easy.

I ended up buying the same case in the same color ! It was too attractive to turn down. If you don't mind me asking how much did u pay for it?

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a belkin fake leather wrap around case that as does multi angle viewing. Not rocking a screen protector right now. I may if I decide to get another case but I find that unnecessary right now. Plus I need to find a screen protector that feels like glass because I usually hate screen protectors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You should try Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protector. It actually feel like glass to me when I put it on my Note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I ALMOST picked up the Elago case myself but when I looked more closely at the pictures I realized that the top and bottom of the phone was exposed and immediately canceled my order. I ended up getting the Mercury Slim Fit case which does cover the top and bottom and keeps the slimness of the phone very nicely. The only bad thing about the case is that it won't protect the phone from drop/impact on a hard surface like concrete.

Mark Morrison

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
$2 screen protector from ebay.
$3 clear TPU hard gel case from ebay.
Simple, cheap, and doesn't hide the nice metal look.

I have a Samsung flip case, but it doesn't offer any real protection, and flipping the cover is a nuisance.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung Flip cover. I like how it adds grip to the back of the device when it's in the open position. I'm using the Verizon screen protector.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2