How do you protect your precious Note II?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I use the Camera Zoom FX app to take photos. I can customize the camera app to take photos using the volume bottons. Since the binding of the Samsung Flip Cover is soft enough that I can still press the volume buttons when the cover is closed, I can take pictures without having to leave the case open.
Great way to take pictures and video at a night concert because the screen would be black. Don't have to worry about security running up to you saying..."No pictures or videos!!!"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I may be in the minority here as I'm rocking my Note 2 completely naked.

To be fair I really do baby the device but I just love the bare form factor. I did have the Samsung flip case at one point but felt it was a hindrance more that anything else.

I may eat those words if anything happens to it, but I suppose it'll be my own fault at that point.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I would go without a case but the thing is just to slippery, especially in the cold. No grip at all. I have 3 different flip cases and I think the wonder of the flip case is starting to wear off. I am waiting for my slim case (non flip) to arrive.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I may be in the minority here as I'm rocking my Note 2 completely naked.

To be fair I really do baby the device but I just love the bare form factor. I did have the Samsung flip case at one point but felt it was a hindrance more that anything else.

I may eat those words if anything happens to it, but I suppose it'll be my own fault at that point.

Similar sentiments here. I just don't like how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself. I do however have to use a holster (on my previous phones) or now with the Note 2 a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise I feel there is too much potential for something to scratch the screen just sitting directly in a pocket or that it's not secure enough and may fall out too easily. I do have to admit though, as others have pointed out, the phone can be a bit slippery at times without a case. But I think it's something you can adjust to where you have no worries about dropping it. To each their own though, what ever you're most comfortable with. :)

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have on an rearth ringke slim case on. First day on i dropped it and the fake chrome strip looks like the moon's surface. So, I got the otter box commuter. ..i freaking hate it. It is way too large. The lip hinders the access to thw face buttons and. ..it is just as slick/slippery as not having anything on. This thing is too expensive to be this crappy.

Sent from the Massive Galaxy Note 2

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
At present I have a RND TPU Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Note II(2) (Transparent Grey) case and a Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 Reiko Black Leather Pouch Case Cover with Belt Clip Holster & Loops. The Note 2 with the case on makes it fit a little tight in the holster, but I find when the holster is on my belt I have no problem getting the phone in and out of the holster, but that may be because I have a wrist strap on the Note 2 and it makes getting the Note 2 in the case out of the holster quite easy.
Amazon.com: RND TPU Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Note II(2) (Transparent Grey): Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 I605 L900 I317 T889 Tmobile All Version Reiko Black Leather Pouch Case Cover with Belt Clip Holster & Loops: Cell Phones & Accessories
I have ordered a elago G6 Slim Fit Case for Galaxy Note 2 as I don't much care for the look of the RND TPU Protective Case and the elago G6 Slim Fit Case will be a little shorter making it a better fit for the holster. Will let you know when it arrives.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I notice some cases go under a different name in Amazon Canada. I've been trying to find the elgato G6 but no luck. Some prices are double up here too for accessories.

Very nice case. Time for me to invest in a US postal mailbox I think to deliver these US only items from Amazon.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I switch back and forth with the Seidio Active & a Otterbox Defender case. Three things I don't like about the OtterBox is how hard the volume control is to use & how much bulk there is to it & the screen doesn't lay down flat on the Note II screen, I know the OtterBox has more protection but the Seidio is a lot less bulk.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I took the Samsung flip cover off today and installed a screen protector after using it since I picked this phone up. It felt very nice and slim in the hands with no cover to flip over. Going el fresco for now lol.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I took the Samsung flip cover off today and installed a screen protector after using it since I picked this phone up. It felt very nice and slim in the hands with no cover to flip over. Going el fresco for now lol.

I'm considering doing this with a SGP Protector (Ultra Crystal) and Samsung Protective Case. I just can't put a screen protector on to save my life so I'm afraid to drop the money.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering doing this with a SGP Protector (Ultra Crystal) and Samsung Protective Case. I just can't put a screen protector on to save my life so I'm afraid to drop the money.

Do what I do,, go into your local carrier's store and ask them to put it on. Sprint store does it every time for me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do what I do,, go into your local carrier's store and ask them to put it on. Sprint store does it every time for me.

I've seen their work... I can do the same job. Its fine though I'll use the Flip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It took me almost 30 minutes to apply it. I wanted to be patient, sit with masking tape and screen cloth, and get it done as perfect as I could. Then I did it again on my wife's Note 2! LOL it was painful being that patient. Lot's of good instructions on youtube and c|net that I followed.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It took me almost 30 minutes to apply it. I wanted to be patient, sit with masking tape and screen cloth, and get it done as perfect as I could. Then I did it again on my wife's Note 2! LOL it was painful being that patient. Lot's of good instructions on youtube and c|net that I followed.

Wow, that's some dedication. I'd give up to be honest.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've seen their work... I can do the same job. Its fine though I'll use the Flip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

All I know is they are great for me. They put it on so effortlessly and it is always perfect.

moolanie

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered my GN2 today, but I also ordered his accessories (yea, I name my phones...). I chose the Body Glove case because it seems like it would provide protection without adding bulk and the Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protectors because so many people swear by them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If I'm doing it myself I need to be dedicated to doing my best because last time I did it my wife lived with bubbles for 2 years. :D The pro's do it daily so they can finish it quicker.

Allez

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I put on an iSmooth screen protector on mine - by far the easiest I've ever used. Very easy to get rid of bubbles - don't think I'll ever go back to using a 'regular' screen protector.

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a mirror screen protector on mine. It is much easier to apply that the standard thinner screen protectors. I also use a simple TPU case because of the lip coverage. My next purchase will be an otterbox case. Hope this helps!

Sent from my white AT&T SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz