How do you protect your precious Note II?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't like ghost armour or invisible shield screen protectors. I like the slick feeling on the screen. I just use the ones Verizon sells. Work well. Can't tell its there. Doesn't hinder screen use. I use the flip case.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Body Glove tpu case and Just Like Glass screen protector. So far, so good. I may end up with a more substantial case, though. I don't trust myself.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Omg... I JUST JUST dropped my phone a second ago... I'm so glad I didn't switch cases cause iv have so many!
The phone landed facer down and NOTHING HAPPENED!!! SAME DROP shattered my screen last time.
I'm shocked it feel,,, but due to my medication can cause sleepiness,,,, reading and we writing can easily put me to sleep and phone falls...
I'm just relieved and happy ans just got by moneys worth now....
Wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The only protection on mine is a tempered glass screen shield :)

Wow, I opened this thread to post the same exact thing as you. I have always used a thin case. I have tempered glass screen protector and finally said "this is enough,, why the case". It's been a week now with no case and just the tempered glass protector and it is awesome.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I opened this thread to post the same exact thing as you. I have always used a thin case. I have tempered glass screen protector and finally said "this is enough,, why the case". It's been a week now with no case and just the tempered glass protector and it is awesome.

My thing with the Note (and Galaxy series in general) is that if I ding up the back I can just replace it, so why bother with a case?

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have mine naked, l do use a case when I'm out doing something where I feel Its more likely to break such as mountain biking and snowboarding.

Posted via Android Central App

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Naked is always the best and most comfortable way to go.... Naturally.

When I need protection I always trust Otterbox. I just got my Commuter in the mail a couple of days ago, put it on to give it a whirl, and surprisingly I haven't taken it off yet. I was impressed that it didn't add that much bulk to it. I might take it off in a bit, in the mean time though, I won't be sweating it if my Note drops.... Which the wife accidentally did last night... I think she panicked more then I did!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

magneticseed

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the Incipio folio style case. Don't like it. The flap definitely gets in the way. Even more than another folio style might because of how it fips open to make a viewing stand. I am probably at more risk of dropping it than without, but at least it has some protection if I do.

Get something on that phone and do it soon!

I have used Seidio before. They are very nice. I might end up with their Active. The urban Armor looks good. Ballistic makes a case similar to the otter box defender. I think it is nicer but very bulky.

I wish life proof made a case for us. Buggers!

magneticseed

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I use the Tech 21 D3O case. It has some kind of 3 layer technology, you can see the orange layer around the sides. I used the same type of case on my S2. I love the low profile fit and it feels great in the hand.

I just got my Note 2 today and I love it.

The only issue I've noticed so far is when using Google sky map's, I have to have gps on. If I turn off my gps sky maps shows everything like I'm using it on the other side of the world. But that's the only problem I've noticed so far.

I wish I would have got this phone 2 months ago when it was released. I can't believe how great this phone is. Also the battery life is amazing! I have had almost 5 hours of on screen time and I'm at 49% and it's only my first charge.

I love this phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Where can I get one?

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Casemate Tough Case is the best case I've tried for my Note 2... and I tried a lot! It's thin, rugged, grippy, and looks good.
51qX-qjq26L._SL1000_.jpg

I paid $30 for mine, and now I see them on Amazon for $16 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Blue / Grey Tough Cases - Sold by CASE-MATE

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
That's what the tempered glass is for. Protects the screen from drops. They're more expensive than the plastic screen protectors, but they are worth it.

I like the matte spigen screen protector I have atm though.

Does a glass screen protector truly protect it? I would consider a switch if that's the case.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I like the matte spigen screen protector I have atm though.

Does a glass screen protector truly protect it? I would consider a switch if that's the case.

Check out the drop test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5UqRE7N2Y0

Drops it twice, pretty much flat on the ground. The ground was rough too, which is more realistic conditions. First drop wasn't too bad, second drop smashed the glass protector. He takes off the protector and screen is perfectly fine. It was an iPhone and not a Note 2, but it's all the same thing.

I personally have the Seidio Vitreo and not the one in the video, but tempered glass works. A normal plastic screen protector would need a case to protect from falls.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Loop
Check out the drop test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5UqRE7N2Y0

Drops it twice, pretty much flat on the ground. The ground was rough too, which is more realistic conditions. First drop wasn't too bad, second drop smashed the glass protector. He takes off the protector and screen is perfectly fine. It was an iPhone and not a Note 2, but it's all the same thing.

I personally have the Seidio Vitreo and not the one in the video, but tempered glass works. A normal plastic screen protector would need a case to protect from falls.

I went through this. Dropped my note 2 on concrete and the tempered glass shattered. I was upset because I had really forgotten I had the tempered glass protector on. After a few very painful mins I remembered,, slowly pulled the protector off and the screen was perfect. Because they took so long to answer my email they gave me a Replacement for 75 percent off,, normally they will replace for 40 percent off. FYI MY brand of choice is MEMI.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok that's awesome news

I'm hoping there is a matte version. If not, how are the ones you have in regards to fingerprints and glare?

Also, I take it these don't stratch easily?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II LTE using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon