Should I trade my iphone 5 for a note 2?

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No doubt the battery life is awesome. Look at this on my 3rd day. I still trying to figure out why Google MAPS is pulling battery because I haven't used it. :/

e6epy2yj.jpg

ydeqeqaz.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on Tapatalk.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

YoshiB1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered one and have got a buyer for my iPhone 5 already. The screen would need getting used to at the beginning however as you get used to it you won't think it's that big. Then you will look at an iPhone and wonder how you could have used something so small. I've researched a lot to do with this phone and it's incredible. The multitasking alone is great. If you don't know and think I mean multitasking like on the iPhone then it's completely different. You can watch a video and then go into your messages and send a message whilst watching the video in a smaller screen.

The specs and power of this phone are second to none. I'm pretty sure in the comparison to most, if not all, tablets it exceeds them. I am used to having a Jailbroken iPhone and constantly was installing tweaks because without a JB the iPhone is flat and boring. I've had my iPhone 5 since launch and I am bored of it. You can't do anything on it. I used to be on my iPhone 4 all the time, every minute of the day but since the iPhone 5 has no jailbreak I barely use it. Android is wide open. You can change the themes, OS, overclock, etc, etc.

I've not got my Note 2 yet but already I'm a big fan. And being honest I hated Android. It wasn't anywhere near as good as iOS however they are pretty much on par - if not exceeded (Android) now.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
well I have just come from an iphone 4 to the note 2 and honestly they are leagues apart the note is so much better in every way, I love the size of it and I couldn't go back to a smaller screen now and also the phone just exudes class and quality you have made the right choice there.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your opinions I have decided that I'm switching to the note 2 and I couldn't be more excited. Hope I will get used to the size, and hopefully it fits in skinny jeans lol.

When I wore skinny jeans with my S3 in the pocket, all my friends thought I was happy to see them :eek: lol. The way I had the phone angled in my pocket was not too flattering, for my self or others, to say the least :-[

I played around with the Note 2 at a T-Mobile store: I almost paid full price after only 5 minutes with it. It seems like it is more than worth it. I won't bash iOS, but I will say that using a screen that small just seems like a step backwards.

got berry

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I had iPhone 4 when it was time to upgrade. I didn't feel like the change to iPhone 5 was enough to justify a 2yr upgrade. Upgraded to the Note 2 and havent regretted it for 1 second. Absolutely love my Note 2.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing turned on is the WIFI and GPS satelites in that area. The Google and Location thing was turned off.

If you have google now turned on and any location settings on (which you need on for google now) maps will suck juice. Turn off all location settings and google now and that drain will go away.

jangkar13

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought Iphone 5 about 2 months ago, I was happy of its performance etc. But after I lay my hand upon Note 2, man, the best phone ever ever ever....
Sold my iphone 5 straight away.. Take the leap of faith to change, my friend xD

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have google now turned on and any location settings on (which you need on for google now) maps will suck juice. Turn off all location settings and google now and that drain will go away.

Google now actually doesn't suck as much juice as u seem to think.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
how many iphone users in this thread mean "i cant jailbreak my phone" when they say "i am bored with my iphone"

Doesnt mean they cant. I jailbroke mine and still was board with it. Rows of icons will still always be rows of icons. Also the pop up browser and being able to multitask is unrivaled. Lol

ONE BAD ASS NOTE 2 ON A BAD ASS JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt mean they cant. I jailbroke mine and still was board with it. Rows of icons will still always be rows of icons. Also the pop up browser and being able to multitask is unrivaled. Lol

ONE BAD ASS NOTE 2 ON A BAD ASS JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

I was referring to the inability to do anything other than a tethered Jailbreak on 4s/5 IOS 6+

That reason alone is why i personally dumped my Iphone. Apple doesn't even realize they are going to lose customers by padlocking their phones so hard.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Both are good phones. Gets the job done. However if you switch over to android, you might want to think about all the apps you've bought on ios and see if it's that worth it to switch. I think I've spent kind of a lot on my apps so that alone wouldn't make me want to switch to iphone... plus it's boring anyways. ;)

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

i hear what you're saying. one of the things i don't like about android is that it seems like you have to download yet another app to do something that iOS did natively (try saving a picture from the facebook android app. can't? oh, i guess you have to download haxsync, or facebook image grabber, or whatever...). ever wish the default samsung keyboard can drop in the right words when typing? looks like you're considering swiftkey4... oh you wish you could do an imessage kind of thing? well i hope your friends and family have mightytext (don't blame them if they didn't get the text though, it's still glitchy but they're working on it).

don't get me wrong. i like android and i'm working with it. but it's like new york city: it has lots of pizzazz, something for everyone, and you can do what you want. but it's always under construction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad