05-17-2013 03:04 AM
57 123
tools
    well I have just come from an iphone 4 to the note 2 and honestly they are leagues apart the note is so much better in every way, I love the size of it and I couldn't go back to a smaller screen now and also the phone just exudes class and quality you have made the right choice there.
    bigoldthor likes this.
    01-01-2013 01:00 PM
    I don't see where those settings are for latitude?

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Go to your local app>settings>location settings> turn off location reporting etc

ONE BAD *** NOTE 2 ON A BAD *** JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM
    01-01-2013 01:04 PM
    Thanks everyone for your opinions I have decided that I'm switching to the note 2 and I couldn't be more excited. Hope I will get used to the size, and hopefully it fits in skinny jeans lol.
    When I wore skinny jeans with my S3 in the pocket, all my friends thought I was happy to see them lol. The way I had the phone angled in my pocket was not too flattering, for my self or others, to say the least

I played around with the Note 2 at a T-Mobile store: I almost paid full price after only 5 minutes with it. It seems like it is more than worth it. I won't bash iOS, but I will say that using a screen that small just seems like a step backwards.
    01-01-2013 01:49 PM
    Go to your local app>settings>location settings> turn off location reporting etc

The only thing turned on is the WIFI and GPS satelites in that area. The Google and Location thing was turned off.
    01-01-2013 03:26 PM
    I had iPhone 4 when it was time to upgrade. I didn't feel like the change to iPhone 5 was enough to justify a 2yr upgrade. Upgraded to the Note 2 and havent regretted it for 1 second. Absolutely love my Note 2.
    01-01-2013 03:55 PM
    The only thing turned on is the WIFI and GPS satelites in that area. The Google and Location thing was turned off.
    If you have google now turned on and any location settings on (which you need on for google now) maps will suck juice. Turn off all location settings and google now and that drain will go away.
    01-01-2013 04:10 PM
    how many iphone users in this thread mean "i cant jailbreak my phone" when they say "i am bored with my iphone"
    01-01-2013 05:41 PM
    I bought Iphone 5 about 2 months ago, I was happy of its performance etc. But after I lay my hand upon Note 2, man, the best phone ever ever ever....
    Sold my iphone 5 straight away.. Take the leap of faith to change, my friend xD
    sr2012 likes this.
    01-01-2013 07:28 PM
    If you have google now turned on and any location settings on (which you need on for google now) maps will suck juice. Turn off all location settings and google now and that drain will go away.
    Google now actually doesn't suck as much juice as u seem to think.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    01-01-2013 07:38 PM
    how many iphone users in this thread mean "i cant jailbreak my phone" when they say "i am bored with my iphone"
    Doesnt mean they cant. I jailbroke mine and still was board with it. Rows of icons will still always be rows of icons. Also the pop up browser and being able to multitask is unrivaled. Lol

01-01-2013 10:33 PM
    Doesnt mean they cant. I jailbroke mine and still was board with it. Rows of icons will still always be rows of icons. Also the pop up browser and being able to multitask is unrivaled. Lol

I was referring to the inability to do anything other than a tethered Jailbreak on 4s/5 IOS 6+

That reason alone is why i personally dumped my Iphone. Apple doesn't even realize they are going to lose customers by padlocking their phones so hard.
    01-01-2013 11:37 PM
    Yeah I'm really disappointed with iOS 6 didn't really make any changes. Was it hard for you to get used to the size?
    No changes?
    Apple - iOS 6 - iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch get 200+ new features.
    02-26-2013 12:29 PM
    Both are good phones. Gets the job done. However if you switch over to android, you might want to think about all the apps you've bought on ios and see if it's that worth it to switch. I think I've spent kind of a lot on my apps so that alone wouldn't make me want to switch to iphone... plus it's boring anyways.
    02-26-2013 12:37 PM
    Try to read that without laughing Share photos, Siri, Apple Maps!
    02-27-2013 12:15 AM
    i hear what you're saying. one of the things i don't like about android is that it seems like you have to download yet another app to do something that iOS did natively (try saving a picture from the facebook android app. can't? oh, i guess you have to download haxsync, or facebook image grabber, or whatever...). ever wish the default samsung keyboard can drop in the right words when typing? looks like you're considering swiftkey4... oh you wish you could do an imessage kind of thing? well i hope your friends and family have mightytext (don't blame them if they didn't get the text though, it's still glitchy but they're working on it).

don't get me wrong. i like android and i'm working with it. but it's like new york city: it has lots of pizzazz, something for everyone, and you can do what you want. but it's always under construction.
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
    02-27-2013 07:39 AM
    iPhone 5 is now only $69.99. it have long standby support.you do not need to pair the bluetooth keyboard to enter any code.it's interface is very cool.its composed three parts.it have all new technology.40 hours work duration & 160 hours standby.1 year warranty.
    iPhone 5
    03-11-2013 05:41 AM
    Just go on craigslist. You should be able to find someone that wants to trade straight up for an iphone 5. Just make sure to meet them at your carriers store so you can check out the esn. I was able to get lucky and trade someone straight up my s3 for the note 2. The Note 2 goes for around $450-600 and the iphone 5's are going for around $400-550. S3's go for $250-400.
    03-11-2013 03:31 PM
    Trade.

I had an opportunity to try and iPhone 5 and didn't care for it. Many quirks that drive me nuts such as no Talk and Surf at the same time on 4G with Verizon and no notification light. The Note II is superior in every way.

At least for me anyways. Lack of choices is never a good thing. The iPhone music player is a joke yet Apple won't let me use a different one?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-11-2013 05:29 PM
    I traded my i5 for a N2 couple of days ago, while i am familiar with Android i am really glad i made the switch.

I can use this big phone all day without worrying about the battery, unlike my i5.

Also screen is better for my viewing, and one other thing is i am tired of iOS it reminds me a bit of Symbian no real changes to the ui since day one.

Blasted from the Galaxy Note 2 to your screen using Tapatalk.
    Eclipse2K and sicario666 like this.
    03-11-2013 07:33 PM
    I have a note 2 I am looking to trade for an Iphone 5. I want a jailbroken Iphone 5 for verizon though.. My note is rooted
    05-02-2013 09:10 AM
    I just got my Note 2 on Monday after trading in my iPhone 4 and loving it so far. Im already used to the size and it doesn't seem that big to me anymore.

Only difference I've noticed is the quality of the app appearance on Android seems to be less polished. They almost have a more utilitarian look and feel. I niticed it with more popular apps like Weather, Dictionary and MLB. Functionality is the same they just dont look as good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    gmoney10 likes this.
    05-02-2013 10:57 AM
    I did and no regrets whatsoever. LOVE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    05-02-2013 04:12 PM
    ive changed from iPhone 5 to lumia 920 and now note2...

Honestly loving every single day using the phone. No regrets.

Only regrets shouldn't have gotten the iphone 5.....shld hv purchased the note 2 straight away back then.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2013 08:04 AM
    Hey everyone wanted some of your opinions on if I should trade my iphone 5 for a note 2. I'm getting really bored with the iphone, and I feel like its time to make a change. A couple concerns would be that the note is just too big. Also I'm afraid I will regret it and miss the iphone, but I'm seeing some people who also traded and do not regret it. Is it easy to get used to the size? Please give me some opinions
    Size is a commonly cited factor of why someone would not like the Note 2. The real question for you is, will you like the Android user interface? I think if you're not going to be happy with the Note 2, it'll likely be Android's UI related more than anything, as I'm assuming you're a life long iPhone user.
    05-14-2013 12:20 PM
    Don't think more to change your phone... just get a new note2 you will feel the awesomeness.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2013 05:51 PM
57 123