Should I trade my iphone 5 for a note 2?

keyser91

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone wanted some of your opinions on if I should trade my iphone 5 for a note 2. I'm getting really bored with the iphone, and I feel like its time to make a change. A couple concerns would be that the note is just too big. Also I'm afraid I will regret it and miss the iphone, but I'm seeing some people who also traded and do not regret it. Is it easy to get used to the size? Please give me some opinions

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone wanted some of your opinions on if I should trade my iphone 5 for a note 2. I'm getting really bored with the iphone, and I feel like its time to make a change. A couple concerns would be that the note is just too big. Also I'm afraid I will regret it and miss the iphone, but I'm seeing some people who also traded and do not regret it. Is it easy to get used to the size? Please give me some opinions

I just did the same thing a few days ago and love my Note 2 now. Definitely worth it. I also got bored with iphones since I have had them all.

keyser91

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing a few days ago and love my Note 2 now. Definitely worth it. I also got bored with iphones since I have had them all.

Yeah I'm really disappointed with iOS 6 didn't really make any changes. Was it hard for you to get used to the size?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have never gotten bored With any iPhone I have owned. I have always enjoyed the operating system and could never really understand how someone could be bored with it. with my Note 2 it is all about screen size, the S-pen, battery life, and Google services for me. The iPhone is awesome, just doesn't measure up to the Note 2. And the iPhone is definitely not boring.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm really disappointed with iOS 6 didn't really make any changes. Was it hard for you to get used to the size?

Hmm, since I only had it a few days, not sure. I can still easily put it in my pocket. It is a bit slick so I am going to get a case for it, otherwise the size isn't bothering me. I love the large screen and the clarify of it.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they are boring when the OS has not changed since it came out in 2007. I have owned every iphone except the original and I am done with it. They were great phones, but when you can customize everything on the Androids, the iphones are boring and are phones for not so tech savy people.

I have never gotten bored With any iPhone I have owned. I have always enjoyed the operating system and could never really understand how someone could be bored with it. with my Note 2 it is all about screen size, the S-pen, battery life, and Google services for me. The iPhone is awesome, just doesn't measure up to the Note 2. And the iPhone is definitely not boring.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
My friend used to have iPhone 4, she actually consider to go to iPhone 5. I went with her to Verizon store to check out iPhone 5 in person to see how it like. The first thing she said after few sec of playing with it, "That it? That all it have? What so special about it?" She wished that iPhone 5 should be a major leap in technology and it didn't feel that way. Even she claimed it S3 and Galaxy Nexus is far better than iPhone 5. She from a strong mac family, she decided to go to Note 2 and really love how it work. A first Android user in her family, she love Google Play, she kept renting and owning a few movie from Google Play and it look fantastic playing on the screen. And she love Google Navigation, she was worried that it would use up so much data for using Google Navigation but amazed that it only used 10 MB in two hours round trip in data usage.

My other friend is on the same boat. He is the early adaptor of G1, he went to iPhone 3s after that. He said he like both OS and they work well. Then went to Thunderbolt then year later went to Droid Charge for free from insurance due to Thunderbolt kept having problem connecting to LTE network. It just couldn't stay on LTE network longer than a min. Anyway he did consider to go back to iPhone ecosystem because he miss it. After looking around iPhone 5, he made the same remark as my other friends and decided on getting Note 2 next month.

Edit:made some correction

Sent from my SGH-T889

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Best way that you can do is to do some hands-on tests on the nearest carrier store that you have then decide for yourself. I didn't care for the size. I bought my note 2 for the following reasons: quad-core power, nice, big, beautiful screen, upgradeable sd card AND awesome (and removable) battery life. (which the iphone 5 lacking)

Gdauti1981

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

You'll get used to the size. To me, other phones now seem too small.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Stop reading this post and get one now. Thats all I have to say. Hell the battery life is enough for me. Plus it has tons of features. Ill never look back. Pop up video to watch espn and reply on the forums. I mean come on lol.
e9evu2et.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

laststop311

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I went from a 3.2" 480X320 pentile amoled on the Samsung Behold 2 with android version Cupcake to the 5.5" 1280x720 RGB amoled on the galaxy note 2. An even LARGE leap than the iphone and literally 1 week and the galaxy note 2 felt like I had been using it my whole life. Everything is so much easier and less stressful to accomplish on the larger screen. I am 6'1" with larger than average hands I would say but even if you are smaller you will still adjust fast, and once you do adjust you can't go back to a smaller screen, it's too painful.

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been a long time iPhone user and the Bluetooth experiences with them have been nearly flawless. I stream music and phone through my car. With the iPhones, I could have my phone on vibrate mode (no sound from phone), but in my car when connected to Bluetooth sound could be heard from the car speakers as it should. It seems to me iPhone kept the phone audio seperate from Bluetooth audio. However with the note 2, it seems like the phones audio volume and Bluetooth volume are connected, as in you have to have turn up the phones audio volume in order for Bluetooth audio to be heard through car. This is very annoying to me because I like to keep my phone on vibrate but still would like Bluetooth audio to work in my car. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE??

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Switch. You will be glad you did. EVERY Apple user that switches to a high end Android device is happy

sent from Galaxy Note 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Switched to Android last month. Zero regrets. Just do your research first.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Got my wife to switch from iphone 5 to S3 (almost a Note 2) and she loves it!

And even her S3 seems small now compared to mine!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

keyser91

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your opinions I have decided that I'm switching to the note 2 and I couldn't be more excited. Hope I will get used to the size, and hopefully it fits in skinny jeans lol.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing today! I traded my iphone 5 64GB for a galaxy note 2 plus 150 dollars lol.. Such a good deal for me haha I would have taken an even trade. But anyways, I'll never regret it. This phone does so much more, it's the best. So many features. The s pen is awesome. You'll love it. And I was a big big apple guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your opinions I have decided that I'm switching to the note 2 and I couldn't be more excited. Hope I will get used to the size, and hopefully it fits in skinny jeans lol.

Congrats and enjoy!

Fitted jeans you can get away with but skinny.....I really don't think so. Its going to look like you have a brick in your pocket with skinny jeans on!

I think I get now why former iphone users are really liking the Note 2....because it brings that old excitement of new tech that the iphone was once known (and expected) for. Correct me if I'm wrong!.... :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513