Emojis on android

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe it's not on Android...
I've used it In custom roms and apps such as gosms.. Is there a way to enable Emojis as a stock experience much like that hideous iDevice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe it's not on Android...
I've used it In custom roms and apps such as gosms.. Is there a way to enable Emojis as a stock experience much like that hideous iDevice

Another keyboard like swype or swiftkey has then built in. Abs I'm surprised as htc always had them on their keyboard, even in the one x.

I think they were under menu, add, then something like smiley, etc..

Sent using Note II

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This really doesn't help as I am using TW. We don't have stock Android keyboard

Just trying to help dude I can't research everything in detail.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Just trying to help dude I can't research everything in detail.

No I wasn't trying to be rude. I really appreciate your input though

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Another keyboard like swype or swiftkey has then built in. Abs I'm surprised as htc always had them on their keyboard, even in the one x.

I think they were under menu, add, then something like smiley, etc..

Sent using Note II

Nope they're not there. TW must have removed that option.. Jelly bean keyboard claims they have emoji but yet offer no instructions on how to enable them...

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope they're not there. TW must have removed that option.. Jelly bean keyboard claims they have emoji but yet offer no instructions on how to enable them...

No, your talking about which keyboard? The default Samsung? I saw the htc signature? Interesting, I use att messages, but wow, I checked on the tablet and your right, it's not there.

That's a new one.... :) let me see if that smiley comes through. That's odd though.

Sent using Note II

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the swype one has it. But not the default Samsung any longer, unless I missed something.

If you want to try the Swype one, it's above the z key.

Sent using Note II

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the swype one has it. But not the default Samsung any longer, unless I missed something.

If you want to try the Swype one, it's above the z key.

Sent using Note II

Are we talkung about the same emoji? Because the one that Swype has its just standard emoticons

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Testing  ─ OK the app Emoji Keyboard can enter emoji but it is not showing up.

OK Android 4.1 has built in emoji viewing. For example see: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji

Now there is system- wide emoji keyboards like I tried above but they are not encoding it "correctly" or certain apps do not display them properly.

🌂🌃🌄🌅🌆🌇🌈🌉🌊🌋🌌

OK can you see the emoji above? Let me know. This is copy pasted from the Wikipedia page.

Yes I can see them properly but they do not display on the page, only when I quote reply. So as I type this I can see them but not on the actual post.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Please see all Emoji discussion consolidated to this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...roid-4-1-ios-how-emoji-works-android-ios.html

Apologies for my multiple replies.
(Mods, please adjust accordingly)

Okay so I downloaded multiling but im not sure if I'm supposed to download a certain plugin for the emojis.. I have used custom roms before like cm10 on my s3 but I haven't used them on my note because I don't want to lose s pen functionalities. In cm10 emojis are enabled natively due to them being enabled on jelly bean. But here's the screenshots

Multiling:
tubyvygu.jpg

Gosms with emoji plugin
nyhy2e8u.jpg

I'm running android 4.1.2 att galaxy note 2. stock rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Correct. In Multiling as you can see press and hold on that emoji key to see all emojis for that character. No further plugin required.

For GoSMS I have not used it but it appears you have downloaded the right plugin.

In your case (as in most cases I suspect) no custom ROM is required.

Try sending yourself messages using Multiling with stock messages app and with GoSMS and between them. I will try that now too.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OK confirmed working between Multiling keyboard and GoSMS.

Just remember you might have to switch between keyboards. For example I like TouchPal but I will need to switch to Multiling for sending emojis when NOT using GoSMS or Whatsapp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan