Switching vm to google voice

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been trying to change my vm setting from carrier to google voice by going to Call Settings -> voice mail and changing from carrier to google voice. It say change carriers I say no and it says reading settings and stays there for ever and doesn't do anything. Did I miss something else?
Thanks

Jim

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you set it up on the Google Voice side on your computer? I believe you have to tell GV that you want to use it for voice mail. Go to GV on your computer, click on settings, then click on activate voice mail on the phone you want to set up.

If this is already done then I'm not sure what else could be hanging it up. If you need to post back make sure you post your carrier. Each carrier has different rules regarding call forwarding and voice mail.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you set it up on the Google Voice side on your computer? I believe you have to tell GV that you want to use it for voice mail. Go to GV on your computer, click on settings, then click on activate voice mail on the phone you want to set up.

If this is already done then I'm not sure what else could be hanging it up. If you need to post back make sure you post your carrier. Each carrier has different rules regarding call forwarding and voice mail.

I've used it before, i had the original Atrix and just got the Note 2 a couple weeks before Christmas. I'll go back and search google and see what i can find..
Thanks

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been trying to change my vm setting from carrier to google voice by going to Call Settings -> voice mail and changing from carrier to google voice. It say change carriers I say no and it says reading settings and stays there for ever and doesn't do anything. Did I miss something else?
Thanks

Jim

Did you download the Google Voice app?

I have been using it for a couple years. I use the GV app to set it up. It goes through the motions then says it can't be automatically configured. When you get to that part you need to tell it to configure it anyway. You will sign into the GV account you want to use. Once you complete everything, you will need to dial *71 and your GV number to forward your calls to GV. If you ever want to go back to your stock VM you have to dial *72 and your GV number to unforward.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with this as well. *71 does nothing on my phone

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1