Who's responsible for releasing updates

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so it was my understanding that Samsung released updates to the carriers and the the carrier would release the update. I'm one of the unfortunate users that don't get to play with multi Window feature. Check out my conversations below with Rogers then Samsung.

I had a couple of On-line chats with Rogers and Samsung. looks like Samsung is responsible for releasing the update not Rogers.

[10:28 PM] Max Hello and thank you for choosing Rogers Wireless Live Chat technical support. My name is Max. How may I assist you with your technical issue today?
[10:28 PM] Michael hi
[10:29 PM] Max Hello
how may I Help you today
[10:29 PM] Michael i recently purchased a Samsung galaxy note 2. I was wondering when rogers is going to be releasing a software update to enable user to tak advantage of the multi window function
[10:30 PM] Max Rogers does not provide support for this particular issue (software updates) on your device. You may contact the manufacture directly
Please contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)

[10:30 PM] Michael they asked me to contact rogers
[10:30 PM] Michael they advised the update has been released to rogers
[10:31 PM] Max I'm sorry for the inconvenience and i'm sorry if you were misinformed by samsung but at this time all software updates are dealt by samsung
[10:32 PM] ok ill try again

(A Live Chat agent will be with you soon.)
A Live Chat agent will be available soon. You are currently in position 1 Thank you for waiting. If your inquiry is for a purchased product, please have your product details, including serial number and date of purchase ready.
Welcome to Samsung Live Chat. How can I help you?
Sandy S :
Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. How may I help you?
michael :
wondering when i will be getting an update to my Note 2 to give me the multi window function. i contacted my carrier rogers wireless and they advised to contact samsung
Sandy S :
May I know the model number of the phone?
michael :
SGH-i317M
Sandy S :
Thank you for the details.
michael :
np
Sandy S :
At the moment the Multi-Window feature isn't available on the Canadian version of the GALAXY Note II. It will be available in an over-the-air update soon. We'll be sure to make an announcement when it becomes available.
Sandy S :
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Sandy S :
We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
michael :
is this going to be released by rogers or samsung/?
Sandy S :
Samsung will release updates.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They're partly telling the truth but partly not. Samsung is in charge of readying the update for release to the carrier but it is the carriers responsibility to test and then release said update to the public. Your update will be all over this site once it is live (if it isn't already) but until then it's up to Sammy and Rogers.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What a bummer. Gotta start researching on how to root this beast

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Very easily. Go to galaxynote2root.com. Max is awesome and I use his vids every time.

This may be off topic but hey its my thread haha. Once rooting is it easy to reverse? And is it common for people to brick their droids beyond repair?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not hard at all to go back to stock. There's a stock rom and a flash counter reset so its super easy. As far as bricking I've never done it and I've rooted every Android phone I've ever had with the exception of my One X with not problems. Only ever owned Samsung and HTC though.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not hard at all to go back to stock. There's a stock rom and a flash counter reset so its super easy. As far as bricking I've never done it and I've rooted every Android phone I've ever had with the exception of my One X with not problems. Only ever owned Samsung and HTC though.

Thanks buddy. I'll definitely look into it

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
im having issues finding instructions to root for SGH- I317M with a mac

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800