S-Voice times out and shuts down

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If I don't give S-Voice any voice input for a while, it closes itself (returning to my home screen). Is that normal behavior? Is there any way to turn that off so that the phone stays in S-Voice until I explicitly tell it to go to another app?

(yes, I'm posting a lot of S-Voice questions today. New toy, still figuring it out. I'm trying to keep it to one question per thread so the answers don't get jumbled together to facilitate future searches)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
how long? I just got it to work by hitting home, to get the lock screen to come up and I hadn't touched the phone for over 10 minutes.

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
how long? I just got it to work by hitting home, to get the lock screen to come up and I hadn't touched the phone for over 10 minutes.

Hmmm. It's not doing it now. I wonder if it's another artifact of being paired to my GPS. sigh.

Related question: what do you mean by "hitting home to get the lock screen to come up"? My home button brings up my home screen; long-press on it brings up the recently-run apps list, and a double-press on it brings up S-Voice.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
if I enable a lock screen, touching the home button brings up the lock screen, same as if you tap the power button when the screen is OFF. if I don't enable the lock screen, touching the home button brings up the home screen.

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
if I enable a lock screen, touching the home button brings up the lock screen, same as if you tap the power button when the screen is OFF. if I don't enable the lock screen, touching the home button brings up the home screen.

Ah - I see that's an option in Go Launcher too. Thanks!