OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Today I finally switched and I'm pretty overwhelmed to say the least. The only thing I did was connect accounts and install apps from Google Play. I can't believe 95% of the apps I used to use are on android. A few I have are from iOS developers so its understandable. I'll need to research those later for substitutes.

I wanted a memory card for it and found this one. The link is below from amazon. Is there something better or is this the type that is common for 64GB? Thanks.

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter, SDSDQUA-064G-U46A (Silver/red): Amazon.ca: Electronics

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
That's the best 64 GB card. SanDisk is very reputable in the memory card business and the Ultra's are very fast which makes them usable for devices like phones since you won't get any slow downs accessing the card.

Also, while 64 GB isn't officially supported, the SanDisk has YouTube videos confirming it works. I bought one myself and it works. Others may or may not work so it might be safer to go with the SanDisk anyway.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Today I finally switched and I'm pretty overwhelmed to say the least. The only thing I did was connect accounts and install apps from Google Play. I can't believe 95% of the apps I used to use are on android. A few I have are from iOS developers so its understandable. I'll need to research those later for substitutes.

I wanted a memory card for it and found this one. The link is below from amazon. Is there something better or is this the type that is common for 64GB? Thanks.

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter, SDSDQUA-064G-U46A (Silver/red): Amazon.ca: Electronics

The SanDisk 64 ultra is perfect.. I have one as well. They couldnt give me 20 Blackberry 10's and 10 IPhone 5's to say goodbye to my GN2. It runs circles around Apple...and your going to find out its hard to put it down.
Its the best device I've ever owned.
The AC forum is fab as well. Love your Note2 it will love ya back.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll order it tonight. I just finished connecting my accounts and installing apps. Now to customize the settings and learn. My box was empty, was there a manual listing all the features? There seems to be too many to learn on your own.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll order it tonight. I just finished connecting my accounts and installing apps. Now to customize the settings and learn. My box was empty, was there a manual listing all the features? There seems to be too many to learn on your own.

Note2 users digest on google play

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Support - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SCH-I605 | Samsung Cell Phones

on the left side of the webpage is the manual...but to the right is the "simulator" it will walk you through different processes on the note 2...very helpful to get you started ...im on verizon so that's the one linked up but i'm sure the others can be found as well....

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Why did you switch? Just curious.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Many reasons for switching, some personal and some similar to others in this forum.

Is there any way to move the Apps icon in the taskbar to the middle? It's way too far off to the right for left hand use.

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
. I can't believe 95% of the apps I used to use are on android.

I think this why alot of iOS users don't switch. It seems like every iOS person I talk to just drools over what ever Android phone I have at the moment when I show them. However, when I ask them why they don't switch they all say the same thing. "Android doesn't have near the apps iOS does." Ok, that was true maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but not now.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and to Android.

If you're feeling overwhelmed, remember you don't always have to configure android you can leave it as is and it sill works great.

I'm not much of a touch wiz fan, actually I quite hate it. I use a Launcher program called ADW.Launcher that has great flexibility and is easy to use. Nova is another great launder both have a free and paid app. To do some off the customizations you're asking about you'll have to switch launchers. Installing a new launcher is as easy as installing a new app ant you can always switch back

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Now to customize the settings and learn.

I applaud you for going about it the way you are! You will be just fine with that mind set. I wish every former iOS user was like this instead of, Android doesn't do this or that like my iphone did! Android is NOT iOS!!! Open your mind and LEARN!! :)

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Wellcome! You have chosen and outstanding phone and Forum. The AC Forums are a great group of people, very helpful. You will find 99.9% of your answers here, from willing, friendly and helpful people.

Enjoy your phone and Android experieince!

Njshoregurl

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching myself. My first android was the captivate. My husband needed a phone and than I decided to give iphone a chance.I can't say it was bad.... But I live the customization and the way I can download music and the phones are bigger.. Love swipe... I'm living how far google has come!!!! I grabbed the nexus 7 ,,,, and that was it for me.I don't even touch the iPad.
My only problem is the speakers.... But thatsa tablet not the phone.
I'm getting the note 2. I realize is a big phone and can't wait lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I also just switched from apple ios to android note 2 and im loving it. One thing I miss though is imessage. Using whats app isnt the same.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife thought it was too big when I showed it to her at first. By the time we went to bed, she had changed her mind and wants me to pick up a white one for her! Crazy, eh? She thinks with the size, she won't need a new Kindle or iPad Mini. So, I just saved more money from not buying those things!

One question, I formatted a 16GB sdmicro card in fat32 from my Mac using Disk Utility and inserted it into my phone. It shows up fine under storage settings but I read it's a good thing to format it again using the phone option. But it asks me to confirm a pin when I try it. What's this about or can I just leave it alone?

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife thought it was too big when I showed it to her at first. By the time we went to bed, she had changed her mind and wants me to pick up a white one for her! Crazy, eh? She thinks with the size, she won't need a new Kindle or iPad Mini. So, I just saved more money from not buying those things!

One question, I formatted a 16GB sdmicro card in fat32 from my Mac using Disk Utility and inserted it into my phone. It shows up fine under storage settings but I read it's a good thing to format it again using the phone option. But it asks me to confirm a pin when I try it. What's this about or can I just leave it alone?

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw another way that could have been taken ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo