OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean--your headphones didn't work properly? (I've never owned Beats. I use Qc15's and also have Koss, both of which just fine with all my devices)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean--your headphones didn't work properly? (I've never owned Beats. I use Qc15's and also have Koss, both of which just fine with all my devices)

The Beats headphones have controls on the wire. They control the volume, play and pause, skipping tracks, answering calls, etc. the controls didn't work on the Note 2. But they work on my iPhone. Seems as though they aren't compatible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That is an issue coming from the iPhone. Not all headphone controls work with Android devices. It isn't enough to make me want to stay on ios though.

I used an iPhone 5 just prior to the Note 2 and I would not want it back. I really don't find the Note 2 to be that big. I know it is but I can use it with one hand and it's even better with two hands. And I'm not a big guy at all. The features are not even comparable to me. I've only had the Note 2 for a day and I swear my wife has picked it up every time I set it down. She keeps saying "my iPhone can't do that" and she is right. I told her will sell her iPhone and either get her a Note 2 or wait for the S4 or whatever it will be called.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
That is an issue coming from the iPhone. Not all headphone controls work with Android devices. It isn't enough to make me want to stay on ios though.

I used an iPhone 5 just prior to the Note 2 and I would not want it back. I really don't find the Note 2 to be that big. I know it is but I can use it with one hand and it's even better with two hands. And I'm not a big guy at all. The features are not even comparable to me. I've only had the Note 2 for a day and I swear my wife has picked it up every time I set it down. She keeps saying "my iPhone can't do that" and she is right. I told her will sell her iPhone and either get her a Note 2 or wait for the S4 or whatever it will be called.

The Note 2 is an awesome device. It is the reason why I purchased it in the first place. But, the iPhone is good too.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The Beats headphones have controls on the wire. They control the volume, play and pause, skipping tracks, answering calls, etc. the controls didn't work on the Note 2. But they work on my iPhone. Seems as though they aren't compatible.

oh that. heck, I have an optional cord that came with my QC15's that is for iOS devices. it gathers dust. that feature isn't something I care about, quite frankly. If I listen to Pandora I can wiggle the phone to switch to the next song, for example. controls on cables are a PITA for me, as fumbling for them is a nuisance.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 is an awesome device. It is the reason why I purchased it in the first place. But, the iPhone is good too.

Agreed. I didn't mean to come off as knocking the iPhone. I got a couple good years from the iPhone. I still recommend that everyone look at both and do what is best for them.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Do you like the way those Beats headset sound? Which pair do you have if I may ask?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you like the way those Beats headset sound? Which pair do you have if I may ask?

I have the Solo HD. To be perfectly honest, I can't really tell the difference between them and regular headphones. My wife spent a lot of money on them so that's why I use them. But the earbuds that came with my Note 2 sounded better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 is an awesome device. But I wanted to give the iPhone 5 a try. There were issues with the Note that I did encounter, However. Through my job, we use Firstclass email. The Android app doesn't work at all. The iPhone app works flawlessly. Also, my Beats headphones aren't fully functional with the Note. But they work flawlessly with the iPhone. Other than those things, I didn't have any issues. It is kind of weird being able to use my phone with just one hand with ease again. I will say this though, the battery lifeis really good on the Note, but not better than the iPhone 5. I was shocked at that, but it is true. And the iPhone 5 is faster. But I had expected that. Who knows how long I will stick with the iPhone though. I change devices pretty regularly.

Thanks for the update. I'm still on the fence. I've basically used iOS for about a year, so I'm pretty used to it. But I can't get over the boring UI and lust for Android and freedom. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I'm still on the fence. I've basically used iOS for about a year, so I'm pretty used to it. But I can't get over the boring UI and lust for Android and freedom. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me.

If you are bored with iOS I would say do it. There is no harm in trying something different.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are bored with iOS I would say do it. There is no harm in trying something different.

Yeah. That's where I'm at. I did use an S3 when it first came out for about a month. I liked it but had a few issues and glitches that made me jump to the iPhone 5 when it came out. The tinkerer in me loves Android and wants to use it. But the OCD in me wants to stick with the walled in garden that is iOS.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. That's where I'm at. I did use an S3 when it first came out for about a month. I liked it but had a few issues and glitches that made me jump to the iPhone 5 when it came out. The tinkerer in me loves Android and wants to use it. But the OCD in me wants to stick with the walled in garden that is iOS.

I can actually relate to your OCD comment.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I can actually relate to your OCD comment.

That's honestly been one of the primary reasons I stay with iOS. Everything looks the same and works fluidly. Android offers so much more, but my OCD side spends so much time making it work and look the same and I can never quite get it.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
That's honestly been one of the primary reasons I stay with iOS. Everything looks the same and works fluidly. Android offers so much more, but my OCD side spends so much time making it work and look the same and I can never quite get it.

I'm ashamed to say it but the fact that the Android icons are all different sizes and shapes bother me.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm ashamed to say it but the fact that the Android icons are all different sizes and shapes bother me.

Yup. And every app has different notifications. They look and act differently. That's where my OCD has issues. But I love all the added customizations and extra tweaks that Android provides. It's a helluva Catch-22.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

You can keep your OCD at ease by installing a launcher from the Play Store. Not only do launchers bring new UI features, but they also allow you to theme your Android phone in any way you like. You could make your homes screens look like WP8, iOS, and a whole slew of other options. After installing your launcher of choice (ie Apex, Nova, Go Launcher Pro, etc...) you then can search the Play Store for a theme of your choice - just make sure the theme is compatible with your chosen launcher. Many of these themes come with extensive icon packs that will give your icons that more unified look you desire.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the Solo HD. To be perfectly honest, I can't really tell the difference between them and regular headphones. My wife spent a lot of money on them so that's why I use them. But the earbuds that came with my Note 2 sounded better.

Sorry to hear. For what they are worth, I would of had her return them and pick me up a pair of V-moda's.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear. For what they are worth, I would of had her return them and pick me up a pair of V-moda's.

Couldn't do that. She was very excited to give them to me. They aren't bad. Just not worth the money. But then again, I don't think any headphones would be worth hundreds of dollars.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have iPhone 4 and looked at Note 2, it's big. Does anybody put it in a pocket? With or without a case? Anybody able to use it one handed?

I'm under 6', always use my front pants pocket, with a case & use it with one hand when needed.

It's big & AWESOME!