OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So funny so many people are in the same boat as me thinking of the switch from the iPhone to the Note 2. At the moment I have a feeling of slight bordem with my iP5. I look at the Note really for its screen size. It all started ....:::fade to flash back::... when I got the Nexus 7. Loved the form factor. How easy it was to type on. Then the iPad mini comes to light. Sell the Nexus 7 get the iPad Mini. Love it. Now I look at the Note 2 as more usable. Had at one point the Note 1 but thought it was to big and sold it before i even used it. Ive switched from ios before a few times and always seem to return. One day I might give the Note 2 a try and see where it takes me...

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
So funny so many people are in the same boat as me thinking of the switch from the iPhone to the Note 2. At the moment I have a feeling of slight bordem with my iP5. I look at the Note really for its screen size. It all started ....:::fade to flash back::... when I got the Nexus 7. Loved the form factor. How easy it was to type on. Then the iPad mini comes to light. Sell the Nexus 7 get the iPad Mini. Love it. Now I look at the Note 2 as more usable. Had at one point the Note 1 but thought it was to big and sold it before i even used it. Ive switched from ios before a few times and always seem to return. One day I might give the Note 2 a try and see where it takes me...

I'm not so much bored with the iPhone as I am envious of the larger screen of the One X+ and even larger screen of the Note 2. However, I'm not sure I want the hassle of the larger phone itself. I suppose I could try one for a couple of weeks and return it to AT&T if I don't like it, I'd only be out the $20 restocking fee. However, I don't want to spend the hours setting up a new phone. I'm also aking why I need a large phone when I have an iPad.

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so much bored with the iPhone as I am envious of the larger screen of the One X+ and even larger screen of the Note 2. However, I'm not sure I want the hassle of the larger phone itself. I suppose I could try one for a couple of weeks and return it to AT&T if I don't like it, I'd only be out the $20 restocking fee. However, I don't want to spend the hours setting up a new phone. I'm also aking why I need a large phone when I have an iPad.

Yeah I do have an iPad mini but its not something i would carry around with me as i would with the Note 2. I was gonna to sell the mini, go back to a big ipad. note with me all the time and bigger ipad for media and so on. I also have a problem with switching phones. ive had 20+ phones.....1st step to having a problem is admitting it :(

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I do have an iPad mini but its not something i would carry around with me as i would with the Note 2. I was gonna to sell the mini, go back to a big ipad. note with me all the time and bigger ipad for media and so on. I also have a problem with switching phones. ive had 20+ phones.....1st step to having a problem is admitting it :(

Right there with ya, buddy. I've got an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini. Been eyeing the Note 2 for awhile, but a little worried about the size. Thought about doing the same thing as you (Note and larger tablet - iPad or Nexus 10), but haven't pulled the trigger. I've been through an a**load of phones, too. I have a huge problem.

sterandroids

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I used to be an iP5 user and i hate on people who have samsungs but now that i switched the ip5 users now hate on me lol. But it's really fun to argue with them since their only argument is it's so big and after that they have nothing, while i can name 100 things the note 2 can do that the ip5 cant lol. Note 2 is really a beast enjoy it! Just some advice though if you're looking for a case get the CAPDASE brand, It's awesome and not that expensive.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4S to the Note 2 and I'm very happy. This is the best phone ever. The Sprint worker tried to sell me an iPhone 5 and I laughed in his face. Nothing compares to this phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm ashamed to say it but the fact that the Android icons are all different sizes and shapes bother me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
have you tried custom launchers and icon sets? There are tons that are the same size. I just set up my daughters SGS2 to look like an iPhone. Same icons and wallpaper. Check into it. I love changing my screen and icons. Check it out https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.rennlab.adw.iphone.hd&token=rsTRRpua

But personally I love these ones https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.go.launcherex.newmiuiv4.free&token=Gd5PNl_R

Install Nova Launcher and never look back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need a Nexus 4.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
have you tried custom launchers and icon sets? There are tons that are the same size. I just set up my daughters SGS2 to look like an iPhone. Same icons and wallpaper. Check into it. I love changing my screen and icons. Check it out https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.rennlab.adw.iphone.hd&token=sry131Jk

But personally I love these ones https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.go.launcherex.newmiuiv4.free&token=vA55A0Hv

Install Nova Launcher and never look back.

X1000 on nova. Great launcher.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
App selection is still higher and better quality on iOS in many cases. It's not uncommon to see the same app on iOS look better and have more functionality than its Android counterpart. Also apps tend to come out on iOS first and sometimes never make it to Android.
On tablets it's not even close and if you have an iPhone and an iPad most apps are universal. Also if you use iPhone, iPad, and Mac iCloud and apps are very compelling.
I have owned every iPhone made and many, many Android phones. Right now I have an iPhone 5 and Note 2. Oh, and an iPad 4 and Nexus 10. ;-) I like the Nexus 10 but its nowhere near the build quality and forget about service and support, any decent app selection, and it lags.
Love the big screen on the Note 2, multi-window, and the pen, but especially the many different roms available. I do see some lag on the Note 2 as it comes out of the box but clean up the bloatware and it goes away for the most part. I don't like the cheap plasticky feel of the case and buttons. At all. A thin case makes that not too noticeable though.
Literally 90% of what I see Android users say about iOS is factually incorrect or hasn't been true for years and many seem to have a really immature attitude about it. On the other hand iPhone users don't seem to think much about Android at all.

I think this why alot of iOS users don't switch. It seems like every iOS person I talk to just drools over what ever Android phone I have at the moment when I show them. However, when I ask them why they don't switch they all say the same thing. "Android doesn't have near the apps iOS does." Ok, that was true maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but not now.

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Right there with ya, buddy. I've got an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini. Been eyeing the Note 2 for awhile, but a little worried about the size. Thought about doing the same thing as you (Note and larger tablet - iPad or Nexus 10), but haven't pulled the trigger. I've been through an a**load of phones, too. I have a huge problem.

I'm also a little worried about the size but i think i will get use to it. I usually keep my iPhones(3g and 4) and just get another phone just incase i want to switch. But seeing how the note 2 will be 600+ dollars i think i will sell my iPhone 5. Just not sure yet lol. I would prefer to wait and hope that black note 2 comes out!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a little worried about the size but i think i will get use to it. I usually keep my iPhones(3g and 4) and just get another phone just incase i want to switch. But seeing how the note 2 will be 600+ dollars i think i will sell my iPhone 5. Just not sure yet lol. I would prefer to wait and hope that black note 2 comes out!

Yeah, if I do it I gotta go full throttle and get rid of the iPhone since I won't be able to afford it otherwise. Then I wonder if I want/need a tablet. And if so, do I keep my mini, get a full size iPad, or get a Nexus 10 and leave the iOS ecosystem altogether. I wish I was rich enough to just flip flop phones/tablets anytime my mood changes.

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if I do it I gotta go full throttle and get rid of the iPhone since I won't be able to afford it otherwise. Then I wonder if I want/need a tablet. And if so, do I keep my mini, get a full size iPad, or get a Nexus 10 and leave the iOS ecosystem altogether. I wish I was rich enough to just flip flop phones/tablets anytime my mood changes.

If i was rich that would be more of a problem lol. I'd have to many devices to flip flop with lol. If i stay iphone 5 ill keep my mini. If i go to the Note 2 and fully enjoy it i will go with the iPad 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac