So I wanted to get some opinions on what people find is best for email apps. I have 2 Gmail accounts and one exchange account I need to get email from. Last night I set them all up in exchange and set the sync schedules to non push during off peak hours. When I woke up my phone lost 15 percent in the night primary due to "exchange services". I panicked so I set up all 3 accounts in IMAP as I am pretty sure this is the most battery efficient way.

I suppose my first question is would it actually be better to leave the exchange for push on and off peak hours?

I really don't like the Gmail app. I feel it is limited in various things and I really like the touchwiz email. I would ideally set up my main Gmail in exchange for push on and off peak, secondary Gmail in just regular IMAP, and my school email through exchange (I prefer to have school set to push at all times).

What do you guys think? I am not opposed to try new ways but I honestly like the touchwiz email. Also I don't sync anything when I set these emails up in exchange other than syncing email. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    01-13-2013 01:48 PM
    Give Aquamail a try. I have been using it since the summer. I tried going back to the stock app and the Gmail app, but quickly went back to Aquamail. You can have 2 accounts for free, but you have to buy the full version for more. I only have 2, but I feel like I should buy the full app just to support the developer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    01-13-2013 10:31 PM
    I think push mail is faster AND more battery saving than pull/sync mail. So at night you set it to non-push... and what was the sync period? Every 15 minutes? Why don't you just try leaving it at push email and see what happened.
    01-14-2013 09:40 AM
    I think push mail is faster AND more battery saving than pull/sync mail. So at night you set it to non-push... and what was the sync period? Every 15 minutes? Why don't you just try leaving it at push email and see what happened.
    That's what I was thinking too, that push is actually better for battery life. I am trying it now although I won't be able to tell till I go to bed if it is really better for the battery (I am on my phone almost all day). I had it set to pull at night at 4 hours I think. I will see what happens with just push.

To jneusch, I honestly would never consider purchasing an email app. For my needs now I am just trying to figure out to use either touchwiz or gmail. I can see how many want other options though. Thanks for the input.
    01-14-2013 11:42 AM
    Gmail accounts use Gmail app. Never poll an ActiveSync account unless you have no choice (roaming, etc.). Charge your phone while you sleep. That's what most people do, ya know.

Third party email clients for imap and exchange are pretty bad value/redundant/unnecessary on a samsung device (or Motorola, or Sony... HTC has had emailed bugs so it WAS worth it for sense users) unless it supports a policy work requires.

Imap is one of the wost methods for synching email to a mobile device as far as battery efficiency is concerned. How are you so sure of the opposite.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.
    01-15-2013 10:32 AM