Flip Case Users

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For the most part I've been loving my Flip Case. However, has anyone had the chrome or shell in general scratch or damage from being in their pocket since this is essentially a screen protector? I used to use the Sena Ultra Slim cases for my previous phones to protect everything while in my pocket. I just don't want my device to get all scratched up. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That could never happen because i don't put it in a pocket with anything other than a microfiber cloth. Even if somehow it did get scratched i would just go buy another one. I love this case because with my totally awesome hd screen protector my screen is always double protected.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
For the most part I've been loving my Flip Case. However, has anyone had the chrome or shell in general scratch or damage from being in their pocket since this is essentially a screen protector? I used to use the Sena Ultra Slim cases for my previous phones to protect everything while in my pocket. I just don't want my device to get all scratched up. :D

No, I never experienced it with my flip cover. But then, honestly it never felt like it protected much either. For me, it was a step to the "stand covers" that I use now. They protect much better and are, in my case pleasing to the eye. Usually, when I pull out my phone people actually say, hey where did you get your case, it looks like a wallet.

I still have my SAMSUNG flip case, but I don't think I'll be using it again.

My concern was just like your's. And while I didn't experience any issues, in the back of my mind, I thought it was just a matter of time.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That is nice. Do you keep the phones original back on with that case? EDIT. NO matter, just ordered one . I. Have the white Note and love the way that looks. Thank you.

Last edited:

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yep, original back cover stays on, you just pop it on the back. It might be hard to tell from the picture, but there are cutouts for the volume and power buttons, as well as large cutouts across the top and bottom of the phone, so you're not getting a ton of protection on the top and bottom edges unfortunately. It is a pretty good flip case, haven't decided yet if I want to keep using it or go for something like the Seidio Surface. I like the flip for the screen protection, but I'm still getting use to dealing with the flip when using the phone, kind of a pain for photos.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm more or less talking about the phone panels scratching. I have a dedicated phone pocket so I suspect not but not sure.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I like that case because of the "kickstand" type propping it can do. However, it makes me wonder about the security/durability of the case, knowing that only half of the plastic case is attached to the flip portion. How sturdy does it seem? Is it just glued on? Not having a kickstand is a major pain point for me on this phone coming from an HTC Thunderbolt previously.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine hasn't been an issue at all. I have that version and also, there is one with a button that latches on it. Both of them have held the device securely. Actually, surprisingly good over time.

I use my flip up at least once a day, and I got those cases right after I got my note 2 (like middle of November). I couldn't stand holding my first one all the time to watch videos, si that was number one on my list of accessories, and it hasn't disappointed. There is also the bear action cases that while they work great, they don't look as polished to me as the spigen. But they are durable and protective also.

And the cases actually dorm a groove that the phone/case portion sits in. I am trying to think, but mine has never come out on its own. The weight of the device is shifted, so that it actually wants to sit in the groove. It's extremely safe. And I'm not sure what adhesive they use, as it's clean and you can't see it. But I'm thinking an epoxy because when I first got it, I tried to gorilla it apart and it wouldn't budge, still doesn't. But it's sturdy for sure!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Cool! And ooh yeah! I almost purchased the orange one. Is the leather quality good? That was my only concern?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
agejamyv.jpg
e4u7yzum.jpg
8emavu6u.jpg
Cool! And ooh yeah! I almost purchased the orange one. Is the leather quality good? That was my only concern?

The leather quality is excellent. No funky oder.lol

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. Good find.
Wish I could claim credit but I also was directed by someone else here on the forums. Gotta love this site for all the great info.

At first I really didn't like the case much, but I think it has more to do with me not being use to a flip type case in general as well as the sheer size of the Note 2. I'm definitely getting used to it and using the phone/case combo is getting less awkward everyday. I wish there was a hole cutout over the notification light (as well as some kind of kickstand/propping ability), but I guess no case is perfect.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I removed my Flip Case for the first time and I'm loving the phone without a case even more. The camera isneasier to use and general phone use is too. To each their own but it is much easier for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I find that the camera is not an issue because of voice commands. Flip it open/hold camera and say "shoot". Makes it easy for me to deal with. If i actually had to take one hand off of the device to hit a button to take a picture then the case would get in the way.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I find that the camera is not an issue because of voice commands. Flip it open/hold camera and say "shoot". Makes it easy for me to deal with. If i actually had to take one hand off of the device to hit a button to take a picture then the case would get in the way.

I may switch day to day as this helps. Texting and Web surfing is easier without a flip case though. I do miss the convenience though but it did get in the way at times. Not a big case fan in general though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.