Search for app like in iOS

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my newbieness. I was wondering if there's a way to quickly find the app I want to use without going through all my folders or the drawer? Similar to the search in iOS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't wanna sound paranoid but remember the legal spat between Apple and Samsung? Yeah, the one that's already cost Sammy 1 billion USD? Well, one of the patents involved is precisely being able to search for apps, documents, web, etc. in the same place (Universal Search). It was taken down from the SGSII, so it MAY be removed in a future update if the legal honchos decide the SGN2 it's infringing.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
How the hell could Apple win something like that? It's a Google search bar for pet's sake. This patent malarchy has gone too far.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Remember the htc evo 4g lte/one x delay? That's how. They had to update to no universal search to be able to get them out.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't wanna sound paranoid but remember the legal spat between Apple and Samsung? Yeah, the one that's already cost Sammy 1 billion USD? Well, one of the patents involved is precisely being able to search for apps, documents, web, etc. in the same place (Universal Search). It was taken down from the SGSII, so it MAY be removed in a future update if the legal honchos decide the SGN2 it's infringing.

Wait a minute ... didn't Blackberry do Universal Search FIRST? (BlackBerry v6 had it in 2010) What about WebOS? I think they had it a long time ago also.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't matter who did it first, Apple patents everything...

And it's part of Google workings, doubt it's really going anywhere.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
What search are you talking about? I only have a google voice search widget on my home screen and I tried it and only searches the web

Sent via Tapatalk

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What search are you talking about? I only have a google voice search widget on my home screen and I tried it and only searches the web

Sent via Tapatalk

After you hit search, look at the bottom, and scroll those options all the way to the right, you'll see "Phone". It'll search your phone.. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1358483353559.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh I love my s-pen! Screenshot then draw on it to easily show what you're talking about. Best. Phone. Ever.

Sent from the best. phone. ever. Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh I love my s-pen! Screenshot then draw on it to easily show what you're talking about. Best. Phone. Ever.

Sent from the best. phone. ever. Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Makes me feel like I'm highlighting nfl plays or something... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38