Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How come?

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Because

I can't speak for Ry, but with everything else equal (especially brighness & contrast) I doubt that more than 10% of us could tell the difference anyway.

But the big thing is the more pixels you have the more power (BOTH processing and battery) it's going to take to run your phone. That's going to subtract from what's available for everything else. So shorter battery life and slower response in return for a display you can't see the difference on? Why?

The one exception would be if you were frequently sending vid from your phone to a large screen TV/monitor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's that important in the big score of things.

The DNA, that's "all" it had going for it to differentiate. It just is a big screen on a phone. The battery life isn't insane like the note either. Samsung can afford to pay with higher resolution screens if they want, as they have battery life and total package already. They also are, from what I read a few days ago, are working on newer LiIon tech that will increase life even further in a smaller package. You add to that their display tech, and the life will probably once again blow the faces of the rest of the devices.

HTC and the rest are really not doing anything different to even command the price for they're devices with larger screens. It's great to have a large screen, but what are you going to do with it? Answer calls and charge it 20 times a day? Lol!

I would like a larger screen as they are prodding for the new note devices. With their features(which I'm sure they are going to expand on the next generation of devices), it's sincerely worth while.

At least for me, all the above reasons would make me excited

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
A lot of time it's a mental difference... because you're mind knows it's 1080 over 720...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Nope sorry, I have shark tank screen saver and on the dna you see more detail on the little fish than on the note 2.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Need 6 inch Note 3 with Gorilla Glass 3, 64g storage, stereo speakers with 1080 p display, 4500 mah battery.....and and ability to store data on sd card!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope sorry, I have shark tank screen saver and on the dna you see more detail on the little fish than on the note 2.

I don't doubt you, I'm just going from my experience. I'd have to see them side by side.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I don't doubt you, I'm just going from my experience. I'd have to see them side by side.

Well regardless of being visible to the naked eye I see no pixels on my note so I'm a happy Camper with my 720p note 2. :D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
1080p is unnecessary on smaller screens. Not sure if it would look any better but I could care less to be honest. I have a 46" Samsung LED and 1080p helps but it's not supposed to matter a ton until over 50". I think we just like to hear our device has the greatest technology.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Although I agree that's it's unnecessary to have 1080p on a phone, I totally want it anyways.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well regardless of being visible to the naked eye I see no pixels on my note so I'm a happy Camper with my 720p note 2. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my note 2. I'm just putting in my order for the next new device I will need. :D

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the DNA. And its sad because my 32 inch samsung lcd i use exclusivly for battlefield 3 is 720p bahaha. The 1080p is nice but it wasnt a deal breaker for me when buying this phone. I did it for the quadcore and the styling and the fact I liked sense.

Still considering an s3 or note 2 though. Still have a week left on my trial period

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the DNA. And its sad because my 32 inch samsung lcd i use exclusivly for battlefield 3 is 720p bahaha. The 1080p is nice but it wasnt a deal breaker for me when buying this phone. I did it for the quadcore and the styling and the fact I liked sense.

Still considering an s3 or note 2 though. Still have a week left on my trial period

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I had the one x+ before I got my note 2 and couldn't be happier. This is the first phone I've had for a month and haven't considered selling for another one lol. Im with you on loving htc sense expecially that sense 4+, its really well tuned. And that quad core, tegra 3 on the one x + rocked games. :D I also had the s3 before my one x+ and kinnda disliked it, its noth a bad phone at all it just wanted for me. If you are to jump ships, the note2 will suit your needs good sir! :thumbup::D

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
no i didn't criticize the screen resolution. 1080 on a 5.5" would be nice, but honestly, I looked at the DNA and noticed the dark banding along all four sides of the screen more so than I noticed any improvement in DISCERNIBLE resolution. A 5.5 or larger screen would obviously benefit more than a smaller one, assuming one looks at each from the same distance. I find the resolution of the current Note 2 to be fine. That doesn't mean if I had had a choice, I'd opt not to have a Note with a higher resolution, of course. :)

Absolutely! Bring it on, especially if we jump to 6.3"!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love my N2. I have had 3 HTC devices. The DNA lost be with no expandable memory and removable battery. My N2 is exceptional ...

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech