1080p display Poll

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 basically has no expandable memory if Google doesn't allow app moves.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa what.

Just because it doesn't support app storage doesn't mean that all 64 GIGABYTES of free space suddenly mean nothing. That's space for photos, movies, music and hell even some app data that can be placed on the SD Card. Don't classify it as not even there. That type of thinking and speaking leads to it being removed for good. I'd rather have these SD Cards remaining as they are then be removed because people said "what? I can't install apps on it? may as well not be there."

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa whoa what.

Just because it doesn't support app storage doesn't mean that all 64 GIGABYTES of free space suddenly mean nothing. That's space for photos, movies, music and hell even some app data that can be placed on the SD Card. Don't classify it as not even there. That type of thinking and speaking leads to it being removed for good. I'd rather have these SD Cards remaining as they are then be removed because people said "what? I can't install apps on it? may as well not be there."

Take for instance a game that requires ~2Gb; you can easily find the game data on the phone but if you move it to the sd card the game doesnt play cause it says you need to download the game data needed to play such game. Therfore not very useful.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have grand theft auto 3 data saved to my sd and it plays fine...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Take for instance a game that requires ~2Gb; you can easily find the game data on the phone but if you move it to the sd card the game doesnt play cause it says you need to download the game data needed to play such game. Therfore not very useful.
No, what you're looking at is a game app that needs to be updated for ICS/JB.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason you want to argue the fact, Google crippled this phone IMO.

Sure app developers need to update for JB but for whatever reason they haven't, it falls back on google for deciding we don't need certain functions in the first place.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Sure app developers need to update for JB but for whatever reason they haven't, it falls back on google for deciding we don't need certain functions in the first place.

Google didn't decide you don't need a certain function, it was just the best google could do to fix an even worse problem caused by the manufacturers & carriers that affected a lot more users than this does.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Jokes on you for buying a "crippled" device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Jokes on you for buying a "crippled" device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That is mean lol
Where one man is crippled, the other sprints gracefully with whatever challenge they have. It is all perspective.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought it looked cool when I played with it at Verizon but it still couldn't compete with the note 2 for me. I am indifferent on 1080p.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Regardless of whether 1080p matters on a phone, the dna is still a very nice device. I love mine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums