WHile I can open and view jpgs, I can't see the thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I can view jpg file thumbnails from other sources. Any setting that I can change to fix that? Makes it really onerous to locate files!
    01-17-2013 05:53 PM
    I'm using Kies Air to connect instead of USB. Don't have the thumbnail problem with Kies.

I don't think I'll ever again tether with a direct USB connection. Kies works great.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-17-2013 09:30 PM
    WHile I can open and view jpgs, I can't see the thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I can view jpg file thumbnails from other sources. Any setting that I can change to fix that? Makes it really onerous to locate files!
    I experience the same issue. I usually have to move them all to a temporary folder on my HDD so I can more easily organize the photos.

Kies Air is slow for me when updating all the thumbnails so I prefer direct connect through USB as it just takes a second to copy all files over to my HDD.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-17-2013 10:36 PM
    Unfortunately, this was Google's decision and not Samsung's: In JellyBean, they removed the ability to store app data into SD card and also they removed support for USB Mass Storage mode and only kept MTP mode.

USB Mass Storage allowed the phone to act as a normal USB stick, letting you browse (and preview) files in it as if it were another folder in your computer. MTP, however, only allows data transfer and not previewing images. The only way to do that would be to browse the phone through Kies or Kies Air, or to copy all files into your computer first.

It sucks, I know... but that's why you can't preview your files anymore and it's not a bug in your phone, it's in general.
    01-18-2013 05:30 AM
    I have the same issue. Kies's gives me a "Device not supported" message... Has anyone found a work around?
    05-08-2013 06:07 PM