What can I do with the S Pen?

gadgetman#CB

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and iPad mini and am considering replacing both with a Note 2. The S Pen looks very cool, what functions does it have besides drawing and writing? I never use drawing tools and cannot see myself drawing on or writing on a picture, which is what the marketing seems to emphasize. I may take notes by hand, but it seems like Swype and the keyboard are pretty efficient. What other uses does the pen have? Thanks!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can take screen shots with it. Press button and tap screen. Very cool.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and iPad mini and am considering replacing both with a Note 2. The S Pen looks very cool, what functions does it have besides drawing and writing? I never use drawing tools and cannot see myself drawing on or writing on a picture, which is what the marketing seems to emphasize. I may take notes by hand, but it seems like Swype and the keyboard are pretty efficient. What other uses does the pen have? Thanks!

Honestly, you would need to watch a video to a couple dozen.

The s pen allows you to do anything that you would normally do with the screen by finger. That is the basics. Then it has all of the features that it is specifically designed to take advantage of the s-pen.

There is much more than just drawing, screen captures and writing. So much, that someone asked me the same question once on fb and g+. The list was so long that they thought I was lying. It does amazing things! The trick is learning how to do a lot of it takes a little while. This is my second note, and it originally did a lot, but the note 2 increased the capability so much, that I am still learning and setting things after two months of use/learning.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, you would need to watch a video to a couple dozen.

The s pen allows you to do anything that you would normally do with the screen by finger. That is the basics. Then it has all of the features that it is specifically designed to take advantage of the s-pen.

There is much more than just drawing, screen captures and writing. So much, that someone asked me the same question once on fb and g+. The list was so long that they thought I was lying. It does amazing things! The trick is learning how to do a lot of it takes a little while. This is my second note, and it originally did a lot, but the note 2 increased the capability so much, that I am still learning and setting things after two months of use/learning.

So compile the list here too then?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
So compile the list here too then?

Why would I do that? I own mine and know what it can do. The burden is not on me. I did my investigation prior to purchase. I share on here, but my commitment is not up for grabs.

If you want to know, I will point you in the right direction, but this thing has too many features to list and two, that is a waste of my time. It was then, and it would be now.

I will suffice it to say that if you do not know what you can do with the s pen, then you need to think about what your needs are for considering it. It is that integrated into the device.

OP: that was directed at Flexia, not you.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just tried doesn't work for me for some reason.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

You have tutto hold the button, then touch the screen f for a second or so. It should then snap the shot.

Didn't anyone download the guide from the playstore? You know what though, in all honesty, samsung should include it on the phone. It helps with the basics.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Why would I do that? I own mine and know what it can do. The burden is not on me. I did my investigation prior to purchase. I share on here, but my commitment is not up for grabs.

Well to start, if you really did already compile a list it would be a simple copy and paste that would take seconds. Otherwise what was the point of the comment? It's not sharing on here if your comment is just to brag you created a list without actually posting it. That is, if the list really exists. ;)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I took your advice and downloaded the manual and I am having a blast. This s pen is amazing.

Grifftech2K13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
You have tutto hold the button, then touch the screen f for a second or so. It should then snap the shot.

Didn't anyone download the guide from the playstore? You know what though, in all honesty, samsung should include it on the phone. It helps with the basics.

What is it called on the PlayStore?

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well to start, if you really did already compile a list it would be a simple copy and paste that would take seconds. Otherwise what was the point of the comment? It's not sharing on here if your comment is just to brag you created a list without actually posting it. That is, if the list really exists. ;)

Agreed, it would be helpful on a Note 2 forum for newbee's, I realize it might take someone's time away from bashing Apple or something but it might actually help instead of just posting BS.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

My Facebook is my business. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. It wouldn't take seconds if I don't want you to know my name now would it? How do I know your not a psycho or identity thief? I don't know you! Obviously, your loose with your information, I'm not.

I'm not bragging. If you want a list or something, do like I did and read! Research! Instead of trying to punch a hole in my trues (which you cannot do, even if you just check my responses on ac), if you want to know, don't take the lazy way. Do some work!

I did and really, really don't feel like teaching.

Brag! Thanks, that says it all. Don't be scared. It's Ok.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, it would be helpful on a Note 2 forum for newbee's, I realize it might take someone's time away from bashing Apple or something but it might actually help instead of just posting BS.

Read, research and read! BS to you is what I know. Start with the guide, then read a "few"of my posts to video reviews. Spend a few hours watching and see if you feel like listing it all out.

Know what your talking about before you call something bs. And Apple(bashing add you call it, but really the truth from my experience with both) is really a non factor to me. The issue at hand is the depth of what this thing can and does do.

Maybe it escapes you out of ignorance. I just know a lot of what this amazing device dies because I took it "upon myself" to learn about it.

Yuck, this discussion is just greasy....

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. You gave some great advice which i followed and learned everything about the s pen is an hour. People, just listen to him and go get the guide and learn. That is good solid advice that requires you to be proactive.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it. You gave some great advice which i followed and learned everything about the s pen is an hour. People, just listen to him and go get the guide and learn. That is good solid advice that requires you to be proactive.

Lol, no my friend. That is just the basics dude. You really want to get a headache finding out what it can and does do, let me know.

And thank you. Sometimes just one comment like yours keeps me going to help people.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar