What can I do with the S Pen?

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Aren't the forums for helping others not being a giant DB? Copy and pasting a list doesn't reveal your identity from FB. You say you took the time to do it there but then come here and be a giant db about it. Where's the mods when you need them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Dude, , thanks. Helped tremendously

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

I'm getting off here for a second. PM me if you want the information. It takes a long time though. I'm still learning myself.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My Facebook is my business. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. It wouldn't take seconds if I don't want you to know my name now would it? How do I know your not a psycho or identity thief? I don't know you! Obviously, your loose with your information, I'm not.

I'm not bragging. If you want a list or something, do like I did and read! Research! Instead of trying to punch a hole in my trues (which you cannot do, even if you just check my responses on ac), if you want to know, don't take the lazy way. Do some work!

I did and really, really don't feel like teaching.

Brag! Thanks, that says it all. Don't be scared. It's Ok.

If you dont feel like sharing any of this info why even have an account on the site. This site is about users sharing and learning. Not for some one to say I found it the hard way I expect you to do the same. It also seems like you are waisting more of your time arguing then it would have taking to copy and paste the list you so called already made.

Sorry to the OP, hope we can get this back on track

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Probably one of the S Pen features I use the most is note taking during phone calls. When in a call, taking out the S Pen opens a new note automatically. You can even send the note to the person you are talking to with just one click.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My Facebook is my business. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. It wouldn't take seconds if I don't want you to know my name now would it? How do I know your not a psycho or identity thief? I don't know you! Obviously, your loose with your information, I'm not.

Who said you had to share your Facebook? Facebook has nothing to do with this. You apparently created a list of S Pen features, what does that have to do with personal information? Did you add your name and SIN into the list every other line? Based on this, you don't have a list because it would take seconds to copy a list of text. Copy and paste is not that difficult and trying to back this up by tying this into Facebook and personal information is just you reaching.

I'm not bragging. If you want a list or something, do like I did and read! Research! Instead of trying to punch a hole in my trues (which you cannot do, even if you just check my responses on ac), if you want to know, don't take the lazy way. Do some work!

You are bragging, because this topic is about learning about S Pen features and you come in and say you have a list, but that's it. What's the point of doing that if you weren't willing to share this list? There's no other reason except bragging.

---

On that note, I apologize for derailing the thread. I assumed there was really a list and this information would be shared as per the point of this thread, but as per above I was wrong so I won't continue to derail this further.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry OP,

I think since you thanked me, I helped in one way or another. The rest is unimportant.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Read, research and read! BS to you is what I know. Start with the guide, then read a "few"of my posts to video reviews. Spend a few hours watching and see if you feel like listing it all out.

Know what your talking about before you call something bs. And Apple(bashing add you call it, but really the truth from my experience with both) is really a non factor to me. The issue at hand is the depth of what this thing can and does do.

Maybe it escapes you out of ignorance. I just know a lot of what this amazing device dies because I took it "upon myself" to learn about it.

Yuck, this discussion is just greasy....

Most of us are on here because we have interest in the Note 2 and learning everything about it. I've watched almost every youtube video I can, some are very good and I have learned a lot. Seems to me if there is a "list" of S pen functions someone has discovered, it would be nice gesture to copy and paste just that list to this forum. In every platform I've tried over the years, I have learned a tremendous amount of stuff reading the forums, a lot more than user guides because most of the people on the forum are true enthusiast and discover features even the manuals don't cover. As I am seriously interested in switching to Android, the Note 2 is the device I'm really leaning to. I do read a lot of BS and Apple bashing on here that serves no useful purpose. It's worth wading thru some that sometimes to find the hidden gems, even though it does stink.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the s pen that often but to be honest I think the note 2 is a better phone than the iphone and its made me not use my full size ipad as much as I normally do.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the s pen that often but to be honest I think the note 2 is a better phone than the iphone and its made me not use my full size ipad as much as I normally do.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

I can see that, I'm thinking it can do the job of an iphone 5 and ipad mini with the right programs.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You can do a lot of things the S Pen can do on other tablets with a basis stylus. There are a few features that set it apart. You can take a screen shot with it.... but that's nothing to get too excited about.
The one feature I like the most is the hover feature. There are full HTML websites that have pop-out menus. For instance if you go to the full Desktop site of BestBuy.com, you can hover your S-Pen over the navigation links, and sub-menus will appear. That's something you can't do on any other tablet, with exception of the tablet version by Samsung that has the S-Pen as well.
You can almost do it by touching the links and getting the sub-menus to appear, but it's difficult to get the next level of sub-menus to appear. They will appear shortly, then disappear. Don't have to worry about that using the S-Pen's hover feature. Other than that, the only way to see those sub-menus would be to use a laptop or computer. It feels good knowing I can get to them by using my Note 2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Last edited:

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably one of the S Pen features I use the most is note taking during phone calls. When in a call, taking out the S Pen opens a new note automatically. You can even send the note to the person you are talking to with just one click.

Really! I had no clue, how do you do it?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There are some videos on the phone. I am still learning all it can do. But giving insight to the phone is what the forums are about. Some people may not be tech savvy and need a little push in the right direction. That was a very snippy reply in my opinion. You could be more polite to new people. I would share with delight on what I have learned. Its called SHARING

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If everyone is supposed to just go out and find things out the hard way, through trial and error, and not ask for help, I don't see the point of forums then. Aren't people supposed to ask questions here or am I doing this wrong?

I don't even have a Note II, but I found this excerpt from a Techrepublic article about S Pen tips & tricks.

So, what features do you turn on? Let me go through them all so you can decide which ones you will want to keep. Almost all of these features are found in the S Pen settings by taping Menu | Settings | S Pen. In this window, you can turn on the following features:

Open Popup Note: This will open a small window (even when you have another app open) that allows you to take notes
S Pen keeper: Sound an alert and show popup when you walk with the device without attaching the pen
Air View: Enables the Note II to detect the nub of the pen, even before it touches the screen ? you can get information to pop up (or windows to open) just by hovering the pen over the proper spot
Quick Command: You can launch anything with a gesture

Only took me 10 seconds to find this and copy and paste it, all without being a DB MatroxD.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if the S Pen does not have copy and paste because of the DB not wanting to copy and paste....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Who said you had to share your Facebook? Facebook has nothing to do with this. You apparently created a list of S Pen features, what does that have to do with personal information? Did you add your name and SIN into the list every other line? Based on this, you don't have a list because it would take seconds to copy a list of text. Copy and paste is not that difficult and trying to back this up by tying this into Facebook and personal information is just you reaching.

You are bragging, because this topic is about learning about S Pen features and you come in and say you have a list, but that's it. What's the point of doing that if you weren't willing to share this list? There's no other reason except bragging.

---

On that note, I apologize for derailing the thread. I assumed there was really a list and this information would be shared as per the point of this thread, but as per above I was wrong so I won't continue to derail this further.

This is so much win. Seriously if someone is that much of a bleep there should be consequences. Forums are as much about help as they are discussion.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, you would need to watch a video to a couple dozen.

The s pen allows you to do anything that you would normally do with the screen by finger. That is the basics. Then it has all of the features that it is specifically designed to take advantage of the s-pen.

There is much more than just drawing, screen captures and writing. So much, that someone asked me the same question once on fb and g+. The list was so long that they thought I was lying. It does amazing things! The trick is learning how to do a lot of it takes a little while. This is my second note, and it originally did a lot, but the note 2 increased the capability so much, that I am still learning and setting things after two months of use/learning.

This was my response to the op! The db, ah, b, mf, da came in when I was "told", not asked to pour the list I made for a friend on g+and fb on here. I don't have to do that. I'm not a lazy a and I don't respond well to lazy people! That is point blank! If you don't like it, bite me!

And yes, there should be consequences because you cyber lazies don't want to do anything. If it took you ten minutes to find it, roll on dude! You found your knowledge! If you want to check into what I have posted, just click on my name. The db's are those that have maybe posted five times or either have been on here longer than me and their topics are just trying to be lazy and not investigate.

I'm sorry, but as I stated and have received pm's, I have shared. The op responded Thank you also, so for the rest of you, who cares?!

Don't be a bunches of hab since I'm a db. And I don't need anyone to hold my hand while using the bathroom, so I'm not going to change anyone's diapers.

Sharing and guiding is an interactive thing. Learning is interactive. If you cannot understand that and just want a hand out (which the op didn't btw), your barking up the wrong tree.

I AM WILLING TO HELP ANYONE THAT WANTS TO HELP THEMSELVES AND NOT BE A PUNK/ LAZY BONES IN THE PROCESS!

Mind you, I left this alone and you all wouldn't shut up, so you get what you get!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is so much win. Seriously if someone is that much of a bleep there should be consequences. Forums are as much about help as they are discussion.

Read some of your posts, your nothing but a "s" stirrer, so no loss being a bleep in your words. How have you helped calling me a bleep you bleeping bleep yourself?!

Lol, what a joke!

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
There are some videos on the phone. I am still learning all it can do. But giving insight to the phone is what the forums are about. Some people may not be tech savvy and need a little push in the right direction. That was a very snippy reply in my opinion. You could be more polite to new people. I would share with delight on what I have learned. Its called SHARING

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

My snippy reply cane from the tone that was presented earlier in the thread. I did not start out that way, though I don't have to explain myself. There is a reason the op thanked me "I would think".

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If everyone is supposed to just go out and find things out the hard way, through trial and error, and not ask for help, I don't see the point of forums then. Aren't people supposed to ask questions here or am I doing this wrong?

I don't even have a Note II, but I found this excerpt from a Techrepublic article about S Pen tips & tricks.

Only took me 10 seconds to find this and copy and paste it, all without being a DB MatroxD.

Yes, they are here to help and not gang up in someone because you don't like what they have to say, when they werent talking to you in the first place. Where in from that's called "mind your own business and stay out of others conversation".

If it had been presented in a way other that a statement of "post it on here" to paraphrase, I probably would have done it. But to command someone to me, is far more of a way to lock up someone's information or kindness.

This is all about exchange, but in order for exchange, there had to be a certain level of forum respect. If you don't do that with me, I'm not going to be bullied or jumped on and give information. What are you thinking? I know I'm not stupid.

Sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon