6,200 mAh battery with NFC

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought the 6,200 Hyperion extended battery:
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note II 6200mAh Extended Battery + White Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, T-Mobile Galaxy Note II SGH-T889, Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900, At&t Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-i317, and Veriz

Even though the stock battery life is great, this battery was really cheap so I ordered it to try it out. Its a massive battery and its one of the few with NFC supprot. There is also a TPU case just for this particular battery/case combo.

I can't wait to see how many days my note will last with this battery! :)

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-01-20-21-27-33.png

I have only had my hyperion battery for a couple days and today is the first day starting with a 100% charge. I took it off the charger just after 10am and I am at 50% at 9:30pm. I'll have to give an update tomorrow. I have used the phone a lot today including navigation and maps. Although it seems to be draining a little quicker than I expected, this battery is still a monster and a good value for the price. Its super nice to not have to charge the phone during the day and I like the extended back cover too as its the same feel as the original.

One of the reasons besides NFC support that I bought this particular extended battery was the TPU case. It fits perfect and a nice surprise was the built in kick stand. I would of preferred a smooth TPU case like other tpu cases for the original back cover but you really can't complain since its one of the few available.

amcjavelinsst

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Technical Details
Extend your talk time on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (ALL Models).
6200 mAh Battery Capacity (with Extended Back Cover).
Batteries use Hyperion Accessories "A" Grade Lithium Ion Cells.
Designed and Manufactured by Hyperion Electronics Accessories.
Notice:The Galaxy Note 2 Extended Battery is Without NFC/Google Wallet Capabilities.

^^ "Without" NFC, as oppossed to OP "includes" NFC capabilities - for further clarity to people reading

Not to be nitpicky, but, yeah, nitpickin' : ))

Cheers

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Technical Details
Notice:The Galaxy Note 2 Extended Battery is Without NFC/Google Wallet Capabilities.

^^ "Without" NFC, as oppossed to OP "includes" NFC capabilities - for further clarity to people reading

Cheers

Strange......mine has NFC. Take a look at the picture.

NFC.jpg

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
long battery.png

So I got tired of testing the battery and stopped at 15%..... Summary......the battery lasts long enough. It would most likely have gone a full 24 hours. I was predicting 2 days. But then again, this was done on a weekend when I don't know if I am ever NOT on it. I'm gonna put it through a few cycles per the instructions it came with and do a regular day test in the next week when I am working and not on it all day. I bet I could push this thing to 2 days.

The main goal of battery life should be able to get you through a full day from the and time you wake up and unplug your phone to the time you go to sleep under any use with lots of apps on your phone. This battery life accomplishes that. The battery has its trade off which is its extra thickness. Its not bad but Its a little too bulky for an everyday battery when the OEM battery will do pretty well. It would be ideal for the weekend, trips or when you are on the go and not able to charge the battery too much which I am sure is common with many folks. Since the OEM battery will get me through the regular office job day and fits in my pocket pretty good, I will use the OEM battery more but no regrets getting the battery and tpu case. I will definitely have a use for it.

If you are looking for an extended battery for the Note II, this is the one to get. You can't ask for more.

Of note (no pun intended), I have seen a few batterys rated at 4k on ebay for the same size as OEM that don't need a special case (gold brand batteries?) but I read reviews saying the battery life is the same which leads me to believe that they have labels on them that are basically false advertising and actual ratings are no more than OEM even though the labels say so. So I passed on those.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Technical Details

Cheers

You have to expand the details to get this message:
Product Description
***NOTE*** Back Cover has had a mid-line change to accommodate the eventual use of NFC chip. Updated pictures will be coming soon.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Do you have any side profile pictures to show the true thickness? I'm a stickler for details:D

53n7 fr0m m4 no7e2 via Xparen7 7apa7alk2