Got two "Seidio" Surface Combos today at Best Buy for $45

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
They are Best Buy's "PT" or "Platinum" brand, but they are the exact same case as the Surface other than the branding. Our local BB had a special going - get any combination of two: case, charger, or shield for $45. (Case max value $34.95 and shield max value like $20.95). Not sure if this is only local, but if it's national, you should check it out.

Anyway, I didn't really see a charger I liked, and I'm not a screen-protector guy, so I decided to get two Surface Combos - one blue and one black. The pics below are of the Seidio brand, but again, the PT (Platinum) brand is identical.

I have to say, they're just what I was wanting - wish I'd done this sooner. Rubberized plastic with more grip than the phone, and still thin enough to fit and charge in the Samsung Desktop Dock station, plus it has the belt clip. I know belt clips are a love/hate thing, but I like it better than sliding it in and out of my pocket.

To top it off, my son had given me a $40 BB gift card for xmas, so I only paid $8 for both. Not bad!

BD2-HR3SSGT2K-RB-2T.jpg
BD2-HR3SSGT2K-BK-2T.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seidio makes nice cases but I hate the dust that forms around the edges of the screen and can't be removed without a case removal. You may not notice it but I'm very OCD. My other issue is I don't care for screen protectors and I need protection thus why I love my Flip Case. Great deal on great cases though. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Seidio makes nice cases but I hate the dust that forms around the edges of the screen and can't be removed without a case removal. You may not notice it but I'm very OCD. My other issue is I don't care for screen protectors and I need protection thus why I love my Flip Case. Great deal on great cases though. :D

Yeah, I'm kind of OCD about screen cleanliness, and this is (these are) my first Seidio case(s). My initial impression is quite favorable, but I'll keep an eye out for the dust you mentioned. If it gets too bad, I'll look at something else. I asked the BB guy about the flip cases, which they also had there, and he said they get a lot of them back. Said the cover just "gets in the way" for some customers. I don't know...I may go back and swap one of these for the flip cover just to try it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kind of OCD about screen cleanliness, and this is (these are) my first Seidio case(s). My initial impression is quite favorable, but I'll keep an eye out for the dust you mentioned. If it gets too bad, I'll look at something else. I asked the BB guy about the flip cases, which they also had there, and he said they get a lot of them back. Said the cover just "gets in the way" for some customers. I don't know...I may go back and swap one of these for the flip cover just to try it.

The cover does get in the way if you're using the camera. However, this can be made easier by activating S Voice so you can just say words such as Shoot and Cheese to snap a photo. I'm not in need of protection but rather a screen protector and the Flip provides that without an annoying film.