WIFI Hotspot connection issue

Stiggeh

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Phone - Galaxy Note 2
Problem - I can activate the WIFI Hotspot on the phone no worries but no other pc or device will connect to it.
I have tried 2 pc's and my Galaxy tab 2, all of which can "see" the SSID but when I select it it asks for the password (yes it is correct) and the tab/pc just cycles through "connecting" and "saved/secured" and never connects.
I pulled out my Galaxy S2 and started the hotspot on that and all the devices see and connect to it no worries, so the only device not playing ball appears to be the GN2.
A further test was to tether via USB and that works fine... weird :s

Any ideas on getting this to work? I am loving the GN2 but this is a MAJOR let down as I use hotspotting for work and I can't use USB on some of my devices.
Any help I can get would be fantastic guys :)

Cheers!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Had problems with mine. I changed the settings of my hotspot app from Auto to Channel 1. Not sure if it'll work in your situation, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Stiggeh

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice!

Ended up going back to the store I got it from yesterday. Guy there had a look and couldn't get it to work either, did a hard reset and it didn't solve the problem.
So being a kind gent he replaced it and we tested it in store and it worked like a charm.
Even he was a little surprised that there was an issue that wasn't just fixed by a full reset, unless there is something physically up with the phone.
Oh well, it was approx 24hr old so the ELF applied. The new one is ticking along nicely!

Cheers!

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You didn't by any chance change the name that's there for your hot spot, did you? One of the problems people ran into when WiFi hot spot capabilities started being baked into the iPhone was the name of their phone. Lots of folks called their iPhones "tim's iPhone" or something similar. That apostrophe really throws off WiFi connections.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

Stiggeh

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope, left it as the stock "AndroidAP".
2 days with the phone now and it is going great guns!
The battery life is amazing! A full day of messing about with it (new toy) and after 10hrs it is at 83%!
Wayyyy better than the S2 I came from.

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is amazing! A full day of messing about with it (new toy) and after 10hrs it is at 83%!
Wayyyy better than the S2 I came from.

Glad to hear your hot spot issues were fixed.

I agree 100% on the battery life. I was worried that with this huge screen that the battery wouldn't last long. I routinely gp a full day of relatively heavy use and still have 30% battery left before I plug it in at night.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

notnutNat

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you check ur config? you can configure it to allow all devices to connect or only allowed devices. Maybe it was set to only allowed devices and none of your devices was registered. Anyway, glad ur issue is resolved...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci