Hello,
    I upgraded from the Galaxy Note to the Galaxy Note 2. I had all my songs on SD card on the old phone, and inserted the card into my new Note 2, but the Music Player won't locate any of my songs. I can't believe it's not possible to transfer music files via SD card.

I tried moving my songs to different folders in the directory, no success. I also tried downloading an mp3 from YouTube to see what folder the Music Player reads from, but it didn't even recognize the downloaded track.

Please help, any advice?
    01-20-2013 09:08 AM
    Hello,
    I upgraded from the Galaxy Note to the Galaxy Note 2. I had all my songs on SD card on the old phone, and inserted the card into my new Note 2, but the Music Player won't locate any of my songs. I can't believe it's not possible to transfer music files via SD card.

I tried moving my songs to different folders in the directory, no success. I also tried downloading an mp3 from YouTube to see what folder the Music Player reads from, but it didn't even recognize the downloaded track.

Please help, any advice?
    Is possible friend, all my music is on my sd card. Try moving your music to your internal memory on your phone them wiping your sd card from your phone then just move back the music. It should work. Worked for me. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    01-20-2013 10:36 AM
    It's clearly the best phone on the market

Well, I moved the mp3's off my SD card ("sdcardexternal") and onto the other directory which is called "sdcard0". Music Player still can't find them..
    01-20-2013 11:28 AM
    I don't even store music. Google Music is the way to go. Access all your music instantly from any Internet connected device and also you can set all your play list to play offline so you don't have to stream. Just a thought. Love whenever i get a new device i just sign Into Google Music and instantly have all my music .

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    01-20-2013 12:34 PM
    That's an idea. But I'd still like access to my music player function as I've heard it's pretty darn good..
    zmann likes this.
    01-20-2013 12:45 PM
    I just downloaded few songs to the phone to try out the music player. When i went into storage settings the music is not on the external sd card rather its in the phone itself. How do you make sure it's stored on sd card ? EDIT :i figured it out. :o

01-20-2013 01:01 PM
    I downloaded to the phone's card as well but the music player still can't see the mp3's. I'll try from a desktop pc.
    01-20-2013 01:18 PM
    I downloaded to the phone's card as well but the music player still can't see the mp3's. I'll try from a desktop pc.
    I'm not having that issue. The music player instantly seen the music i downloaded from Amazon mp3 and then i went into the files app and moved it to the external sd card.

01-20-2013 01:36 PM