PushService

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If I go into Running Applications I see a few applications that have the PushService running. I don't want these applications to have notifications and and thus don't want the battery to be used up by these.

I went in and turned off notifications under the application, but the PushService still exists. If I end the PushService I find a few minutes later it comes back. Is there anyway to disable this besides deleting the application? All the applications I am having issues with don't have anything in their own in-app settings to disable this so I'm looking for a way to do this within the OS.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It works for any app that gives notifications iirc... No way to really end it. It's going to push a notification if you miss a call....

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It wasnt there in 4.1.1....there is alot more stuff in manage apps, running in 4.1.2 than there was in 4.1.1. Any idea why.. the software load and apps havent changed. The battery performance has changed its less than before

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean Samsung's push service, but each app's own push service. For example,

Settings >> Application manager >> Running >> <app>

Inside of <app> there will be a service listed called PushService if the app uses it.

For example, the GameCenter app (NHL) lists PushService and it has been running for 7h 10m. I've already ended it, but it keeps popping up.

I went into Settings >> Application manager >> All >> GameCenter and unchecked Show notifications, but the service still runs.

Also, I'm running 4.1.1 since 4.1.2 has not been released in Canada yet.