Is it really replacing your tablet?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I only watch videos on my ipad all other usage has now been picked up by the note browsing reading everything

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a Galaxy Tab 7-2 which I gave to a kid when I got my Note. I also gave my Kindle away. So this has replaced 3 devices. Also no need to keep syncing different things (e.g., apps, books, etc.) Best device since my first Palm.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an Asus Transformer and still reach for it daily. The larger screen, the combo of touch and the physical keyboard is just more convenient. I would say I use my phone 90% of the time compared to the tablet, but will not be giving up the tablet any time soon.

acefutura

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep it sure is. I send my Google Nexus 7 back for a refund to buy the Galaxy Note 2. And its doing a better job. Had some issues with my Google Nexus, that I'm am not having with the Note 2.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an offer from a guy at work to buy his nexus 10 for a pretty good deal ( apple guy and didn't like it). A few weeks ago I was contemplating switching my nexus for a friends n2 but it didn't work out. But now that the idea is in my mind and I have this nexus 10 offer I'm wondering if can't save myself a bit of money and just sell my N4 and buy the N2.

So my question is, is this phone really satisfying your need for a tablet? Have you stopped using yours? And not just a 7 inch tablet for 10 inch ones as well. I mostly use tablets for a bigger screen to surf the web, fool around, read a book. Nothing crazy.

Thanks!

Love my Note 2, but I still use my Nexus 7 around the house and primarily use the Note 2 when away from home. I just prefer the larger 7" screen on the Nexus 7 when I'm at home. I also like the AOSP browser on my Nexus 7 (Chrome's a bloated pig IMO and doesn't perform very well, so it's disabled). So for me, there is a definite use case for each device. :)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Love my Note 2, but I still use my Nexus 7 around the house and primarily use the Note 2 when away from home. I just prefer the larger 7" screen on the Nexus 7 when I'm at home.

+1

Same exact thing for me. Note loses out to the N7 at home. And I'm kinda psyched about the 8" Note Tablet coming out...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
At home I use the tablet. I got the note 2 so I wouldn't have to carry two things when traveling. So far the note 2 has been enough when traveling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I still use my iPad 3 LTE, but not as much as before the N2. I picked up a Note 10.1 wifi at Costco on Sunday, but I haven't opened it yet. I have seen that Verizon is coming out with an LTE version of the Note 10.1 and I would like to see pricing before I open the wifi version. I think I will use that one to take notes at meetings, which happen way too much. I like the larger size for serious web surfing and watching video. Other than that the N2 has filled the need for some of the things I used to do more frequently on my iPad.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I still like the combination of a regular sized phone and a full sized tablet. I had my Note 2 for two months and it was awesome. But still doesn't compare to a regular smartphone and a tablet.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I still like the combination of a regular sized phone and a full sized tablet. I had my Note 2 for two months and it was awesome. But still doesn't compare to a regular smartphone and a tablet.

Did you switch away from the note? I notice past tense

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Never had a tablet but dygonnit the biggest phone I've had and love every inch of it lol.. I'd definitely like to keep a tablet along side this beast tho, not a bad idea. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

mxb54587

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yea it actually is, I sold my ipad 3 (I got a monster deal on it) and actually picked up a cheaper nexus 7 for the few times I need a tablet. I dont own a labtop anymore so its pretty much my nexus 7 (read stuff on it before bed), my desktop that I use mainly as a media center for my entertainment system, and my note 2 that I use for everything else.

I also use my phone to stream media at my girlfriends house when we wanna watch movies on her tv.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
That depends a lot on what you want to do.

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and had a Nexus 4 that I traded for an off contract unlocked T-mobile Galaxy Note 2.

The nexus 4 had no chance of replacing my Gnote10 but with the Note 2 I find myself using the Gnote10 much less.

Now from what I have read and my experience with the Nexus 4 I think the Note 2 would easily replace a Nexus 10. As the only advantage of the Nexus 10 would be the size and the quick updates (which can cause problems them selves). While the Note 2 offers quite a lot of screen size and the resolution combined with the different pixel characteristics the Note 2 has makes reading and such a pleasure even for my old tired eyes.

I feel the Note 2 can't really replace my Gnote10 because of some special apps that won't run on the note 2 (like PS Touch) and the extra screen size for drawing the Gnote10 offers. Hope this helps.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It did for me. For I use to carry a 4" phone and a 7" tablet everywhere I went. since I got my note I only take my note. I don't even use my 7" at home.

tkfisher

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 did replace my N7. As far as a 10 inch tablet though, I think I would still use that size tablet but wouldn't carry it around with me. It's be for home usage. But unless I got an extremely good deal on a 10 incher, the Note 2 satisfies any of my needs, from Web browsing to playing games

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a 7" tablet, but I still use my new ipad,

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note II for a week but still use my GT 2 7.0 about as much as before when at home. I still take the tablet to work, but usually just use the Note II except for when needing to look at manuals for the equipment I work on- that extra screen real estate of the tablet makes it easier.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Will not be replacing my tablet, just the same as my tablet will not be replacing my laptop.
Note II- for emails, sms, phone calls and short web browsing sessions while on the go.
Tablet- for reading ebooks/magazines and playing games
Laptop- for work related activities, requiring long hours of use at any given time and occasionally watching movies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49