Is it really replacing your tablet?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you use it most. I've been using my note 2 for a while and to be honest, I love everything about the note 2. However, it's a little too small for reading books.

I am up for an upgrade soon. I am thinking of selling my note 2 and get the S4 (when available on att) and Note 8 for reading textbooks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
for most of the time, my note 2 has replaced the tablet. like last night, i was reading a book (textbook like book) in bed and it felt like i was holding a novel, and no book light required.

however, when flying a single engine plane, nothing beats an iPad. the apps on there and the way cockpits and accessories are built around the iPad these days for private pilots is simply amazing. iOS has never crashed (bad adjective) in flight. i would be very wary of running android in that situation. i can put up with an occasional reboot, hangup, etc. on my note2 on land but not in the air.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
for most of the time, my note 2 has replaced the tablet. like last night, i was reading a book (textbook like book) in bed and it felt like i was holding a novel, and no book light required.

however, when flying a single engine plane, nothing beats an iPad. the apps on there and the way cockpits and accessories are built around the iPad these days for private pilots is simply amazing. iOS has never crashed (bad adjective) in flight. i would be very wary of running android in that situation. i can put up with an occasional reboot, hangup, etc. on my note2 on land but not in the air.

My iPad hiccups literally four times more than my GN2. The iPad is up to date on iOS and it's not jailbroken.

On a Note 2 blast.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when Samsung may announce the new Note tablet? I am considering a Samsung tablet but not ready since I feel the new one has to be coming soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My N2 will be replacing both my i5 and my N7, at this time i don't see the point in having 2 devices when the N2 can do the same.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

Ace90

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Yepn a replacement. I have a Nexus 7 amd the Samsung GN2 is close enough and used just as much. I do not really need the Nexus 7.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
O
I was kidding, english sense of humour I'm afraid. But to answer the original question, I don't have any other device myself and don't feel the need for one, but I am thinking about buying a 7" tablet cos I think it might be the only way to keep the kids away from my phone

There is a great 7 inch that Is perfect for kids,, bough one for my 8 year old. It's called kurio 7...You can set safety controls and also set up 8 different profiles on it. It is running ics

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My iPad hiccups literally four times more than my GN2. The iPad is up to date on iOS and it's not jailbroken.

On a Note 2 blast.

Which ipad do you have? My new ipad is still on ios 5,but runs ok. Occasional app crashes, but probably the same frequency as my note 2.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

RP74

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I still have my iPad mini, but I mostly use it to "bump" my my pictures from my Note II into my photo stream (I have an iMac and a MacBook Air) and to take pictures when I am traveling (the camera is phenomenal - Note II's is good, but when it really counts, I go back to Apple). I also occasionally use the iPad mini to iMessage with friends who have iPhones and don't have unlimited texts to other devices.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Which ipad do you have? My new ipad is still on ios 5,but runs ok. Occasional app crashes, but probably the same frequency as my note 2.

iPad 1 with the latest iOS it can take. 1 of 3 apps crash per session. My GN2 apps rarely crash. Mostly game apps crash.

On a Note 2 blast.

DawnMoo

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I've hardly touched my Nexus 7 since I got the note 2. I have two phones and prefer to use the smaller device for calls and listening to music at the gym. The note is my mini handbag tablet for surfing, forums and google talk etc. Looking forward to seeing what the note 3 brings....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
iPad 1 with the latest iOS it can take. 1 of 3 apps crash per session. My GN2 apps rarely crash. Mostly game apps crash.

On a Note 2 blast.

There is something wrong with your ipad then. Try a factory reset, or if you have extended warranty, call them to troubleshoot.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The iPad 1 has been force closing apps like that since I bought it new. I wish it was more reliable but alas.

Sorry for your troubles, did you contact apple to troubleshoot your ipad? I know others who had the iPad original, and they never complained about that issue.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for your troubles, did you contact apple to troubleshoot your ipad? I know others who had the iPad original, and they never complained about that issue.

Just kind of live with it. I don't use it that often. It's out of warranty now. I may try the factory reset. Back it up in iTunes and then reset it. Thanks for the advice.

Riding a Note 2 blast

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy