Keyboards with S-Pen support

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Are there any other keyboards with S-Pen support? The samsung keyboard isn't doing it for me. It won't auto space or punctuate at all, and backspacing with the writing field isn't any good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Are there any other keyboards with S-Pen support? The samsung keyboard isn't doing it for me. It won't auto space or punctuate at all, and backspacing with the writing field isn't any good.

Ive not seen any of the top kb's offer spen support as of yet. But i have run across a nice work around, I use swiftkey for my normal texting, however if my pen is out the samsung kb will be the one that is active, when the pen is back in its back to swiftkey

How to Auto-Change Keyboards on Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Based on the S Pen's Position

[APP][31DEC] SPenBoard Switcher ★Switching keyboards depending on the S-Pen position★ - xda-developers

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the switcher. The Samsung keyboard isn't auto-spacing between words so it won't work.
UnlessallIdoiswritelikethis.

d_kopf

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
When you say The Samsung Keyboard, do you mean the S-Pen input method, or the standard QWERTY-keyboard? The QWERTY-keyboard does auto-space when sliding words, but when tapping it can obviously not auto-space, unless you pick a word from the auto-completion list. With the S-Pen, you simply write the space in the writing area.
I rather wish S-Pen would stop auto-spacing before punctuation marks if I write a mark, and then correct it with the auto completion list. It's driving me completely nuts!

Thanks for the switcher. The Samsung keyboard isn't auto-spacing between words so it won't work.
UnlessallIdoiswritelikethis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781