What is that star symbol next to my e mails?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I have just noticed a star on the right of my e mails in the inbox if you press it it turns orange what is it for as I have no idea :)

Andy

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that I just didn't know, I have found the little folder so it's really just somewhere to save e mails that you need :)

Thanks

Andy

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I pressed the star and it saved an email in a star folder which was great but now the folder has disappeared and so has the saved email! Any ideas what to do as I am clearly not grasping how it works :)

Andy

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I pressed the star and it saved an email in a star folder which was great but now the folder has disappeared and so has the saved email! Any ideas what to do as I am clearly not grasping how it works :)

Andy
Go into All Mail and put it into the inbox label. That will return it to inbox. Anytime you ever have that happen go into all mail and you can see everything.

Michael

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael thanks for that but I just can't find how to get into all mail where do I look as I can't see it in the email settings! Also some emails auto delete and I would rather that not happen so can I change that setting, sorry but I am quite new to this phone.

Thanks

Andy

Go into All Mail and put it into the inbox label. That will return it to inbox. Anytime you ever have that happen go into all mail and you can see everything.

Michael

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael thanks for that but I just can't find how to get into all mail where do I look as I can't see it in the email settings! Also some emails auto delete and I would rather that not happen so can I change that setting, sorry but I am quite new to this phone.

Thanks

Andy
Let's back up a moment. You are using the Gmail app, yes? If so when in inbox view tap the top left corner where it says "Inbox" and then tap "Show all labels." From there tap "All mail."

Michael

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael

No it's not Gmail that I use it is the stock email that comes with the note 2 I don't know what it's called!

Andy

Let's back up a moment. You are using the Gmail app, yes? If so when in inbox view tap the top left corner where it says "Inbox" and then tap "Show all labels." From there tap "All mail."

Michael

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2