How to know if your Galaxy Note 2 is fake

Anton Hermawan

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
so guys three days ago i bought "galaxy note 2" from someone in the craiglist
it is n7-100 version(i can see from the phone types)
but the thing is when my friend from Indosia came and visit me,we compare our galaxy note 2
and i found that my screen is smaller than her galaxy note 2 screen
so can you guys give me some information how to check my galaxy note 2 is really galaxy or not

Last edited by a moderator:

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to know if your galaxy note 2 is fake

so guys three days ago i bought "galaxy note 2" from someone in the craiglist
it is n7-100 version(i can see from the phone types)
but the thing is when my friend from Indosia came and visit me,we compare our galaxy note 2
and i found that my screen is smaller than her galaxy note 2 screen
so can you guys give me some information how to check my galaxy note 2 is really galaxy or not

First off shes from Indonesia are you sure hers isnt the fake?
also are you sure you didnt get a Note 1, or a galaxy S3 (looks just like the note but smaller)

Every fake N7100 i have seen has WAY less storage space than the real one. Real one is 16gb most fakes are like 2-4gb. That alone is the biggest thing, i have not seen a fake note 2 yet that has 16gb.
The fakes also tend to have only a 1ghz cpu not the 1.6 the note 2 has.

Fakes also have Dual sim card slots.(i am usa ours only has 1 not sure about the international version)

Anton Hermawan

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

well of course her is not fake,she bought it about 7 hundreds dollars
well i dont know man,this is the n7-100,i have gone to best buy,and the say it is real n7-100(just by checking the product type,very helpful)
the size is same as note 2,but the different is the screen is smaller,and the image is not as soft as the usual note 2

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

well of course her is not fake,she bought it about 7 hundreds dollars
well i dont know man,this is the n7-100,i have gone to best buy,and the say it is real n7-100(just by checking the product type,very helpful)
the size is same as note 2,but the different is the screen is smaller,and the image is not as soft as the usual note 2

I can sell you a fake Note 2 now for $700 does that make it real? I mean you are saying that you cant tell if yours is a fake so how would you know?

I gave you some sure fire ways to tell. I deal in electronics from china on a daily basis and all the fakes out there currently in mass production from Asian countries can be identified by the things i posted above. Indonesia is littered with fake phones.

I dont know what to tell you about the screen, every note 2 i have touched has the same size screen.

Here is a sample of a fake note from china, on the outside it looks identical, however the screen rez and a bunch of other stuff has been dumbed down

Wholesale 2012 Newest 1:1 Single sim card 5.5 960x540 Note 2 N7100 MTK6577dual core 1.2G 1G RAM , 4G ROM Andr, Free shipping, $209.6-235.8/Piece | DHgate

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

If you bring it to a Samsung store they can likely/hopefully spot it.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Did you try checking the model number? This is what mine displays

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359359536175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359359536175.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,688

keyan333

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Haha are you joking?

You can easily tell if it's fake if you look at a real samsung note 2 video online. Then if the s-pen is fully working and the hover works too.... it will be real.

Also the total internal storage space should be 10GB. And you can change display settings in settings, display, display mode, then choose dynamic.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I can sell you a fake Note 2 now for $700 does that make it real? I mean you are saying that you cant tell if yours is a fake so how would you know?

I gave you some sure fire ways to tell. I deal in electronics from china on a daily basis and all the fakes out there currently in mass production from Asian countries can be identified by the things i posted above. Indonesia is littered with fake phones.

I dont know what to tell you about the screen, every note 2 i have touched has the same size screen.

Here is a sample of a fake note from china, on the outside it looks identical, however the screen rez and a bunch of other stuff has been dumbed down

Wholesale 2012 Newest 1:1 Single sim card 5.5 960x540 Note 2 N7100 MTK6577dual core 1.2G 1G RAM , 4G ROM Andr, Free shipping, $209.6-235.8/Piece | DHgate

Haha, some of those 'specs' are really funny... Android version: 4.1.9

1.0x0.jpg

Anton Hermawan

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

lol,no bro,my friend galaxy note 2 is really real for sure, i mean she had the galaxy note 2 that real.
Mine is very bad,when i use to call the sound is terrible,you can't hear clearly
The screen is smaller than the usual one
The image is not as sharp as the usual one
I will take it to samsung center later,hopefully is it really real galaxy note 2
i should just buy the contract one,just different a hundred buck

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Well, seems like you got taken.. where did you buy it at?

Craigslist?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Easiest way to tell... look at the s pen. As stated in the article above

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

I'll tell you right now yours is a fake. If you put it dude by side with a a real note 2 and you're screen is smaller, not as sharp, ect. That's a given right there. All Note 2's have the same size screen.

I'm starting to think yours is fake or it's a Note 1 the screen on the Note 1 is a little smaller and doesn't look nearly as good as the screen on the Note 2 because it's pentile rather then RGB. That alone makes the screen on the Note 2 much better with 2x more sub pixels.

I'm not understanding how you wouldn't be able to tell right away. If you have ever looked at the S3's screen next to the Note 2's screen there's a big difference. Even though through S3 has a smaller screen and it's the same resolution the Note 2's screen has a night and day difference. The Note 2's screen is way sharper and you have to hold the phone right up near your face to see the pixels because it has many more sub pixels. Same goes with the Note 1. It has a pentile display. It's smaller and has 80 more pixels then the Note 2 but you can still see that the Note 2's screen is much better. Display quality beats resolution ever time. Kind of the same way camera's work. Just because one camera may have 24 mega pixels and the other only 12 mega pixels. The quality of the lens and sensor along with other factors make the 12 mega pixel camera better by far. I'm just trying to get you to understand and maybe then you will be able to tell a fake and never have to worry about buying one.

Let us know if it's a fake or an S3 or Note 1, I'm eager to know what you bought.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mdmkillemall

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Hye, just bought my note 2 pink edition. i checked the imei via Check IMEI - IMEI.info and to my surprise my result shows me a nokia model 7020. Im super shocked right now and confused cause with the same imei, i received my warranty confirmation via samsung. is my samsung fake? please help me to confirm on this matter. TQ.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Hye, just bought my note 2 pink edition. i checked the imei via Check IMEI - IMEI.info and to my surprise my result shows me a nokia model 7020. Im super shocked right now and confused cause with the same imei, i received my warranty confirmation via samsung. is my samsung fake? please help me to confirm on this matter. TQ.

I don't believe that IMEI database website gives 100% accurate results to be honest. I've used it before in the past and it's often turned up strange results, even when I know the device I have is legit.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

If anyone knows it's legit, it's Samsung. Right?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

y5uda2yp.jpg

Apparently my note 2 is a droid razr m....

Yea, inaccurate.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

UDick De

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

why you judge Indonesia as fake country? , that is all made by Chinese, even though their product growth well in our country but that doesn't mean you can judge us like that, i reaaly **** off with you comment, and if you dont know about the difference, just shut your f:-$:-Xk'n mouth

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Aren't the S-s4 camera flashes below the lens? Note 2 is beside lens

sent from Galaxy Note 2