Best app that "nobody's heard of"

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Curious about what app(s) you find indispensable or just otherwise absolutely love, but that gets very little or no coverage. We all know the big name apps, like Swiftkey, Dolphin, Chrome, Firefox, Beautiful Widgets, Flipboard, Handcent, GO SMS, Nova, Tapatalk, Scoremobile, Zedge, etc. But what about some of the others?

For me (and I really don't know how well-known this app is or isn't) but it's Drippler. It's a news feed app that let's me get custom feeds on only the Galaxy Note 2, or any other device I want. There are probably others one out there, but this is the one I happened to stumble across and now use every day, several times. (I also prefer Pulse to Flipboard, but I think Pulse is pretty well known.)

How about you? What gems have you discovered that "nobody's heard of"?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing about drippler.. I found it like 2 months ago and frequently mention it on these forums.

Magnify by appd labs is a good one. Can take macro magnified photos of teeny tiny objects.

Splashtop. A remote desktop for windows 7. Streams well enough that
I can play diablo 3 or WoW on my phone fron the couch in the living room.

Mx player. Probably well known but awesome all around video player.

Sent via Tapatalk

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Another great app (actually widget is "aCalendar". It's a free widget/app I discovered it while looking for a nice-looking, full page calendar widget that synced well with google. I really like this one...seems to work perfectly with google, has a nice interface, and is pretty customizable. I can't really find anything bad to say about it so far. Here is a play store link if you want to check it out. (And I am in no way affiliated with this company or developer.)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing about drippler.. I found it like 2 months ago and frequently mention it on these forums.

Magnify by appd labs is a good one. Can take macro magnified photos of teeny tiny objects.

Splashtop. A remote desktop for windows 7. Streams well enough that
I can play diablo 3 or WoW on my phone fron the couch in the living room.

Mx player. Probably well known but awesome all around video player.

Sent via Tapatalk

I downloaded Magnify today. I was impressed with how well it zoomed in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My favorite non popular apps are...

Our Groceries. It allows me to add grocery items from my laptop, Android, iOS, and Blackberry devices.

X-plorer file manager. Allows me to quickly transfer files from my Android device to and from my Dropbox, Google Drive, Picasa, etc., accounts.

Boat Browser. Allows me to zoom in and double tap the screen, to make the text reflow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine is Epistle. Let's my sync basic notes to Dropbox and access them on my Windows PC or another device. My most used app.

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's my top 2:

GPS test - it does what the title says, but the thing I like is that when your in the app you can hit share and it sends your location in a link by text that can be directly opened into Google maps. Very useful if your trying to get picked up by someone or trying to find someone

Smart status bar - this is one of my all time favorite and most used applications. It's free, and it simply let's you pull down from the top of the screen in a full screen applications. Really useful when you want to check the time or get a text while playing a game, or need to toggle auto rotation while watching something

Sent from my HTC One X

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's my top 2:

GPS test - it does what the title says, but the thing I like is that when your in the app you can hit share and it sends your location in a link by text that can be directly opened into Google maps. Very useful if your trying to get picked up by someone or trying to find someone

Smart status bar - this is one of my all time favorite and most used applications. It's free, and it simply let's you pull down from the top of the screen in a full screen applications. Really useful when you want to check the time or get a text while playing a game, or need to toggle auto rotation while watching something

Sent from my HTC One X

Did you know you can swipe down the status bar without that app? Lucid mike made a video regarding that. I've done it a few times myself.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Touch?, but I'm on Tapatalk and saw this under the recent threads tab, and it seemed like something I could contribute to :D

Sent from my HTC One X

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Llama. It's a location aware app for automation tasks for basically anything. Like tasker but allot simpler. I've been using it for about 3yrs and its just gotten better and better. More and more capable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
what does Drippler do? I use the handwriting to text app for writing text messages and typing on forums, Also I've been using Any.do for tasks its also nice when you miss calls to remind you to call back

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
My favorite app would have to be Windroid. A great Email app that is still in Beta form. I have used a bunch of different Email apps and this IMO is the best out there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My must have list includes:

Screen Filter, an easy to use app that toggles the brightness of your screen down way below minimum on stock. Great for reading in bed without killing your eyes.

Simple Workout Log
A simple but easy to use no frills workout logging program. Highly recommended if you normally would use pen and paper. Developer is awesome and quick to reply to issues and fix them.

Keep Track Pro
A great app for tracking anything. I use it to record daily goals and my tips that I earn serving. So customisable but simple to learn.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums