Best app that "nobody's heard of"

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My favorite app would have to be Windroid. A great Email app that is still in Beta form. I have used a bunch of different Email apps and this IMO is the best out there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Okay big thanks man. I was using aqua mail and thought I would try win droid, and now winDroid is my main email client.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if its okay to post this, because i'd be advocating "illegal" downloads and what not, but the Pirate Bay app and tTorrent are two underrated apps for me. I use Pirate Bay to find new episodes of TV shows, or new movies in great quality, or even albums or apps. Once I use Pirate Bay to find them, tTorrent extracts them to a folder on my phone and BOOM. Downloaded 3 episodes of Supernatural, Taken 2, and Flight all onto my phone in 30 minutes over wifi. Great quality for a lot of the shows too. Now when i'm bored somewhere, I'll always have movies/shows (or at least a means to download movies/shows) while I play the waiting game for maybe a flight or mechanic or something. No need for me to download on my computer, then drag it to my phone or fiddle with any of that. Just queue movies up to download, lay it down, and im good to go. When im done watching what im watching, I delete it and download something else. Never ending supply of movies on the go for me.

EDIT: Thought about a couple other great apps.

1.) Wallbase HD for wallpapers. EVERYTHING is super high quality and they have a TON of wallpapers in just about every category.
2.) Any.DO: Clean, beautiful task manager app. Honestly, when people talk about ugly apps on Android, this app makes me think people just aren't looking hard enough. Nice looking and functional, with widgets and support for lock screen widgets and syncing with google task.

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if its okay to post this, because i'd be advocating "illegal" downloads and what not, but the Pirate Bay app and tTorrent are two underrated apps for me. I use Pirate Bay to find new episodes of TV shows, or new movies in great quality, or even albums or apps. Once I use Pirate Bay to find them, tTorrent extracts them to a folder on my phone and BOOM. Downloaded 3 episodes of Supernatural, Taken 2, and Flight all onto my phone in 30 minutes over wifi. Great quality for a lot of the shows too. Now when i'm bored somewhere, I'll always have movies/shows (or at least a means to download movies/shows) while I play the waiting game for maybe a flight or mechanic or something. No need for me to download on my computer, then drag it to my phone or fiddle with any of that. Just queue movies up to download, lay it down, and im good to go. When im done watching what im watching, I delete it and download something else. Never ending supply of movies on the go for me.

EDIT: Thought about a couple other great apps.

1.) Wallbase HD for wallpapers. EVERYTHING is super high quality and they have a TON of wallpapers in just about every category.
2.) Any.DO: Clean, beautiful task manager app. Honestly, when people talk about ugly apps on Android, this app makes me think people just aren't looking hard enough. Nice looking and functional, with widgets and support for lock screen widgets and syncing with google task.

Wallbase is a favorite of mine as well

Sent from my HTC One X

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
run keeper... simple activity tracker using gps. select activity type and it gives you 5min Increment updates with distance and speed. tracks on "maps"your route, etc.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My favorite app would have to be Windroid. A great Email app that is still in Beta form. I have used a bunch of different Email apps and this IMO is the best out there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I downloaded it and tried it out. I really like the look of it, and how it was able to attach files from Dropbox, Documents To Go, and file explorer apps.
My biggest disappointment was that I could not get it to display the sender's email address in the header. I use that feature to add the sender or those that are CC'd in the email to my contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it and tried it out. I really like the look of it, and how it was able to attach files from Dropbox, Documents To Go, and file explorer apps.
My biggest disappointment was that I could not get it to display the sender's email address in the header. I use that feature to add the sender or those that are CC'd in the email to my contacts.

Oh yeah I just noticed that too! Maybe we should email the developer.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eikatou0.appspot.home2shortcut&token=PAT0M-2i

Home2 Shortcut

I use this ALL the time because I wanted a quick way to access my camera when the phone is off. I have it set up so that I just double click my home button (when phone is off) and it immediately goes to camera!

I couldn't get it to work. I set everything it said and set double click home to camera. But it didn't override the default setting for double click. It kept bringing up S Voice

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I really like Any.do so far. I had been using Astrid but it lost its ease of use somewhere along the way.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Good thread, subscribed. Will be difficult if it gets long to sort through all the pages to find APPs that haven't been mentioned though. :p
My short list:
acar - for tracking vehicle maintenance, gas mileage etc, actually bought the pro upgrade (definitely not required)
flightplan.com - weather and charts and a lot more
iSyncr - sync itunes
Raindar - best app for seeing rain and weather nearby, very fast to load, only a few options but you don't need much with this.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Skyvi. It's basically a Siri clone but it seems to work better than when I've watched people I know with iPhone's try to use Siri. :p

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
S voice is a joke IMO, Google now seems faster, more intuitive and generally more useful. May dad had some trouble getting his s3 to use Google now instead of a voice but once he did it was worth it

Sent from my HTC One X

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Did you figure it out? You can long - press on the sender and it will add them to your contacts.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Curious about what app(s) you find indispensable or just otherwise absolutely love, but that gets very little or no coverage. We all know the big name apps, like Swiftkey, Dolphin, Chrome, Firefox, Beautiful Widgets, Flipboard, Handcent, GO SMS, Nova, Tapatalk, Scoremobile, Zedge, etc. But what about some of the others?

For me (and I really don't know how well-known this app is or isn't) but it's Drippler.

See how weird I am ... I don't use any of those big name apps except the AC version of Tapatalk. But I like Drippler once I figured out the versions. There's an SGN2-specific version that I installed and it immediately put up a banner telling me to DL the upgraded version. I eventually did and compared the two; it appears that the "upgraded" version is an all-in-one that does all devices but is otherwise the same. It detects your device or you can manually tell it which device. I'm using it because I hate the banner on the other one because you can't get rid of it.

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes I use Drippler too. Not bad. My favourite app is actually Flipboard while two lesser known favourites are iSpy for viewing live Earthcam streams, and Mimi for both lurking and participating on /b/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke