06-03-2013 08:40 PM
461 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    and if people start compare Android 1 with BlackBerry 10 you'll complain that it's unfair You cannot compare BlackBerry several years ago and BlackBerry 10.

P.S. I don't try to convert you or even convince to try it, it was just a remark
    Hmmm... Did I say BB 10? I starting using Android at Froyo (2.2?, IIRC), and even that was much better than whatever version of BB I had just previous to that. I only know my own personal experience, and all I know about BB 10 is what has been written up on various relevant web sites. I'm not about to go and buy another new device just to try out an OS that I already find inadequate, to replace an OS that I love. Besides, although BB 10 may have some good features (Autotext being one), from the reviews and the current state of the market, it's probably too little, too late, so I'm not interested in a dead-end, either. Personally, unless something changes, I give BB about 2 years--max, and then they're gone.

Android Fanboy? If the shoe fits... I guess so. And I'm OK with that. ;-)
    1812dave likes this.
    02-26-2013 02:03 PM
    I may agree with you if it were not for the sales they have had. I have had one since they first came out and rarely pickup me Note 2. I have had all types of phones and currently have an IPhone 5, Note 2 and my Z10 and use my Z10 as my daily driver. I have found it to be the most capable, fluid, and and fast for communication which is what I do most. For my needs it is the best, and for my wife who likes games and toys the IPhone is best. I like all the devices but people have to realize that a phone is like your underwear they are a person all choice and your choice may not fit everyone else's.

Just be thankful for what you have and stop bashing the competition, and I am sure if you played with all the different Os out there you would find something is all that you liked.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    jroc and crackberrytraitor like this.
    03-03-2013 12:31 PM
    This thread is a joke. This is an android forum.

Mods please close

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    1812dave likes this.
    03-05-2013 09:36 PM
    Just left Blackberry after 6 years, I should have left 4 years ago. IMO blackberry time has come and gone. The BB10 is a all "new" Blackberry thats still behind the current smartphones , glad I woke up and joined the 21st century with ANDROID SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.
    1812dave likes this.
    03-05-2013 09:55 PM
    This thread is a joke. This is an android forum.

Mods please close
    There are plenty of us here who are interested in knowing more about all the available options. I'd prefer the thread be kept open so that other users with the new BB 10 phones can share their experiences with those of us who have Note 2s.
    03-07-2013 08:56 AM
    There are plenty of us here who are interested in knowing more about all the available options. I'd prefer the thread be kept open so that other users with the new BB 10 phones can share their experiences with those of us who have Note 2s.
    Using your logic, EVERY other phone should get space on this Note forum?? It doesn't make sense, and it is a NO-NO on other sites, to create a thread about a phone OTHER than the phone that is the subject of the forum. If someone wants to learn about another platform or model, they should VISIT THE APPROPRIATE FORUM.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-07-2013 09:02 AM
    Using your logic, EVERY other phone should get space on this Note forum?? It doesn't make sense, and it is a NO-NO on other sites, to create a thread about a phone OTHER than the phone that is the subject of the forum. If someone wants to learn about another platform or model, they should VISIT THE APPROPRIATE FORUM.
    BlackBerry and iPhone are major OS platforms, and as such I think it's appropriate to have threads to discuss what they have to offer (and what features they lack) compared to our phone. Not sure why you believe there is value in squelching this discussion.

What problem does this thread cause you, anyhow? If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Kind of like I don't read threads about games - I don't play 'em, but lots of people are interested in them.
    cwbcpa and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    03-07-2013 09:07 AM
    dude, it's not the thread! it's the PLACEMENT. other sites do not allow non-topic threads to persist.
    03-07-2013 09:22 AM
    Again, I don't see this as being "off-topic." I'd think if the site's moderators agreed with you, this thread would already be gone.
    03-07-2013 09:44 AM
    We've considered the requests and the thread is staying here for now. If you don't care for the thread (or its placement), then feel free to ignore the thread. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    03-07-2013 09:48 AM
    My only objection is to the forum it's in. I am FINE with the thread, per se. that's why I still post to it.
    03-07-2013 09:59 AM
    on a related note (no pun intended), I see that Netflix isn't interested in a native or ported app for BB10. Netflix isn't stupid.
    zmann and markbencze like this.
    03-07-2013 10:00 AM
    on a related note (no pun intended), I see that Netflix isn't interested in a native or ported app for BB10. Netflix isn't stupid.
    1: First Android phone was sold in October 2008
    2: XBOX had "exclusive only" contract with Netfilx until April 2010
    3: Netflix releases their app for Apple in August 2010
    4: Netflix releases their app for Android in March 2011. 7 months behind Apple and 11 months after the XBOX contract

How old is the new BB10? Approx 60 days now?

Sorry but your example is invalid. Once they see some growth in any new mobile OS on the market I'm sure Netfilx will jump all over it.
    03-10-2013 04:28 PM
    You know, I was a BB die hard for many years. Of all phones to make me make the transition to Android, it was the worst one available, the first Atrix.

Before I forget I'm glad this thread is open, I've been following it for a while. Yeah its the GN2 forum, but there are those of us interested in the jump to the Z10.

I think the idea of losing out on so much landscape is making me hold back. Plus new SwiftKey is so amazing that I don't think Any other keyboard with compare.

That being said, I'll probably buy a Z10 as a second phone and sell my Galaxy 8.9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    crackberrytraitor likes this.
    03-10-2013 10:58 PM
    You know, I was a BB die hard for many years. Of all phones to make me make the transition to Android, it was the worst one available, the first Atrix.

Before I forget I'm glad this thread is open, I've been following it for a while. Yeah its the GN2 forum, but there are those of us interested in the jump to the Z10.

I think the idea of losing out on so much landscape is making me hold back. Plus new SwiftKey is so amazing that I don't think Any other keyboard with compare.

That being said, I'll probably buy a Z10 as a second phone and sell my Galaxy 8.9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Blackberry 10 has probably the ONLY keyboard software superior to Swiftkey. It really is amazing.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    03-12-2013 01:36 AM
    Blackberry is done. The Z10 is far too little and far too late.
    1812dave likes this.
    03-13-2013 05:04 PM
    An undisclosed buyer just purchased 1 million BB's Who bought all those BlackBerry phones?- MSN Money
    03-14-2013 08:03 PM
    An undisclosed buyer just purchased 1 million BB's Who bought all those BlackBerry phones?- MSN Money
    So what. Who knows what the sell-through will be. They may end up in a fire-sale

Sent from my Nexus 7
    03-14-2013 10:41 PM
    So what. Who knows what the sell-through will be. They may end up in a fire-sale

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Your fanboyism and hatred for anyone on these forums that don't agree with your views are clearly showing now.
    You really think someone just purchased a million of them for a fire sale? lol
    03-14-2013 11:16 PM
    I don't hate anyone for their choices

While the alleged purchase of the phones wasnt done for a fire sale, that may well be the result.

Perhaps it is YOU who hates me. Whatever

Sent from Note 2
    03-14-2013 11:38 PM
    Yeah where all the hype went that Bb had?? Oh yeah it went away wit the HTC one and s4 announcements smh I STILL hasn't seen a bb10 device in real life smh.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-2013 12:28 AM
    It's just sad on your part that in your last 2 posts you make up a fabrication and use the word "fire-sale" twice and now use the words "alleged purchase" to try and justify your disagreement with anyone that posts anything remotely positive about BB's new OS and phones. I post a legitimate article about the sale of 1 million BB's and you feel the need to slander it by using phrases to attempt to discredit the article for no other reason other than try and "validate your view"

Let me rephrase my last post. I do not believe you hate anyone here, but you are clealy angered and/or annoyed at the fact that there are people that don't agree with your views.

Edit: I own a Note 2. I am very happy with it and have no intentions of buying another phone for another 18 months but when I am ready, I'm hoping I will have more choices than just the Apple / Android market that exists today. (which is why I'm rooting for BB)
    03-15-2013 12:31 AM
    If you choose to get a tingly feeling because of the purported million-unit purchase, that's your thing. just don't be too naive about that information or you'll set yourself up for disappointment (IMO), as you seem to have an emotional bond with BB. BB is still going to be an also-ran.

While choice is always nice, I am very happy with Android. I have used BB (for more than a year--it seemed like 10), and have several iOS devices (which I despise). Android does what I need it to, and in a way that I like. For that reason, I am not looking for "greener pastures".
    03-15-2013 01:22 AM
    Blackberry 10 has probably the ONLY keyboard software superior to Swiftkey. It really is amazing.

Samsung Galaxy S 4 drafts in Swiftkey to power its keyboard same keyboard??

looks like its up for preorder for $199. couldn't command a higher price like the Note 2?
    03-15-2013 10:35 AM
    If you choose to get a tingly feeling because of the purported million-unit purchase, that's your thing. just don't be too naive about that information or you'll set yourself up for disappointment (IMO), as you seem to have an emotional bond with BB. BB is still going to be an also-ran.

While choice is always nice, I am very happy with Android. I have used BB (for more than a year--it seemed like 10), and have several iOS devices (which I despise). Android does what I need it to, and in a way that I like. For that reason, I am not looking for "greener pastures".
    A million blackberries moved in a single purchase equals money in the bank for RIM (or Blackberry, whatever) and is more evidence of strong demand. That's a good thing in anyone's book. Analysts didn't even expect them to sell more than a few million units overall. They have MASSIVELY oversold that and continue to move devices like hotcakes.

It's really sad that you can't get over the fact that the BB10 launch has been a success. Your desperation for Blackberry 10 to fail just because you're still grumpy about your old BB Storm is palpably pathetic.

Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    03-17-2013 09:41 AM
461 ... 1011121314 ...