Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You must be talking about the screen. Thats the only thing I see as far as specs....vs the US and overseas GS3. Thats 1 better spec....not specs... Overseas has the quad core chip, 1GB ram. US version has dual core chip...and 2GB ram. Depending on which GS3 one compares it to...its a wash with processor or RAM.

Yes, I was referring to the screen.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm but will the z10 be able to penetrate the android/iOS dominated us market? (They'll certainly sell better than windows phone, which IMO Microsoft just needs to abandon) With some luck maybe?

I'm not rooting for blackberry but they were good phones once upon a time. I just think blackberry needs to focus more on the everyday user if they want bigger market share and not just the company user.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmm but will the z10 be able to penetrate the android/iOS dominated us market? (They'll certainly sell better than windows phone, which IMO Microsoft just needs to abandon) With some luck maybe?

I'm not rooting for blackberry but they were good phones once upon a time. I just think blackberry needs to focus more on the everyday user if they want bigger market share and not just the company user.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RIM's culture is not to cater to the everyday user. AAMOF, I think part of the reason they don't is that they can save a tiny bit of face by pretending all that they WANT is the corporate people.

I seriously doubt RIM is going to be anything but a niche player from now on...until someone swallows them up. They have nothing compelling to offer, to cause people to switch from Apple or Android. To think otherwise is just fanboyism at it's most optimistic.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
RIM's culture is not to cater to the everyday user. AAMOF, I think part of the reason they don't is that they can save a tiny bit of face by pretending all that they WANT is the corporate people.

I seriously doubt RIM is going to be anything but a niche player from now on...until someone swallows them up. They have nothing compelling to offer, to cause people to switch from Apple or Android. To think otherwise is just fanboyism at it's most optimistic.

Seeing as I have never used a BB in my life...and I like what I see from BB10 and the Z10.....its not all fanboyism. Some ppl just like what they see. So far 1 person at work, another I used to work with are planning to get a BB10 device.

One is an iPhone user....one a BB user. The iPhone user said his first love of smartphones was a BB. And he finally sees something that has his attention.

They might be niche. It hasnt really hurt Apple in the desktop world. BB still have the security and IT features. The Z10 is like a good mix of work n play. The qwerty phone would be all work. Screen too small for anything else.....IMO.

I do agree tho that just like with WP...BB users that left for the iPhone or Android....they are gonna be cautious about going back to BB. So far it hasnt worked out for WP. WP has been on the market going on 3 years. We will see how BB does. Right now I would pick the Z10 and BB10 over WP if I ever left Android. The Live Tiles and the UI of WP just seem too locked in.

I think thats a key thing many ppl overlook with WP and BB. Those users left....for a reason. And are for the most part happy. Whether they went to Android or the iPhone. New customers, new smartphone users....thats whatever. The key is the users that left.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i know they aren't RIM. don't think you are educating me. I knew about the name change the minute it was announced. and their US ticker symbol which changed the following Monday to BBRY.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
[quoted post deleted by moderator]

I have good reason not to like RIM/BB.

and another thing. it mattters not one iota what I think about BB. What matters is the tens of millions of other people that would rather own Android/Apple.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANewUser

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Current BB-er here, seriously considering jumping ship to Android.
Here are the BB functions I'm a bit concerned Android will lack, but I have every confidence some app or the other will solve:
1. Ability to (at the touch of a button) send a text message to a contact (or contacts) and have that message be sent to recipient's cell phone *and email address* - hopefully without having to manually add the email address into any field -- ie, the ability to easily PAGE THIS GUY WHEREVER HE IS.
2. Auto-text (Word Substitution) -- optimally somehow syncing with TextExpander or something similar.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

The world must be full of fanboys then. A couple minutes on Google news will tell you that nearly 30 percent of people who bought a BB10 device came from iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Apparently there are features compelling enough to make people jump platforms.

Seriously dude, get over your Blackberry hate. The reviews are great and the devices are selling better than RIM could have ever dreamed. Analysts now acknowledge that more than 3 million BB10 devices will be sold (their "best possible outcome" number) far more than the 1 million, (their "what rim needs to survive" number) with many who were once skeptical saying they'll likely sell 8 million or more.

The BB10 launch has been a success, move on and find something else to nay-say.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Display: Skyrocket--4.5" Z10--4.2" (Skyrocket)
Skyrocket--480x800 Z10--768x1280 (Z10)
Skyrocket--207ppi Z10--356ppi (Z10)
Colors are the same at 16 777 216
Skyrocket-1 Z10-2

Battery: Skyrocket--1850mAh Z10-1800mAh (Skyrocket)
Skyrocket-1

Hardware: Skyrocket--1.5GHz dual-core processor Z10 1.5GHz dual-core processor (same)
Skyrocket--1024MB RAM Z10--2048MB RAM (Z10)
Skyrocket--16GB on-board storage Z10--16GB on-board storage (same)
Skyrocket--32GB expandable memory Z10--64GB expandable memory (Z10)
Z10-2 Tie-2

Camera: Skyrocket--8MP/2MP Z10--8MP/2MP (same)
Camcorder: Skyrocket--1920x1080 (1080p HD) Z10--1920x1080 (1080p HD)

In conclusion: Blackberry is producing their BRAND NEW phone with some specs that tie with a phone that is over a year old. Their "redesigned" phone should be surpassing older ones in order to attract consumers they lost to Android and iOS months/years ago. Blackberry is simply still not on par with NEW phones.

Skyrocket has a WVGA screen and an S3 SOC. Z10 has an HD screen and S4. That along is a huge difference.

Z10 FFC does 720p. SR does VGA.

Back camera on Z10 is superior to SR.

Battery Life better as well, easily.

The Z10 specs are equivalent or better than US GS3 devices. The SR isn't comparable.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I asked that this thread be moved to a different forum weeks ago. it shouldn't reside in the Note forum, IMO. It's all about BB!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I asked that this thread be moved to a different forum weeks ago. it shouldn't reside in the Note forum, IMO. It's all about BB!

If you don't care for the thread, please feel free to move on instead of posting here.

Edit: Let's get this thread back on topic.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If this thread was on topic it would be in the BlackBerry forum

Sent from Note 2

Currently it is in Moderators hands if the thread needs to be relocated. The thread was started here as a comparison between current Note owners or future Note owners that may have been on the bubble about which device to go with.

If we receive a bombardment of requests to have it relocated then it would be considered but that isn't the case right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The world must be full of fanboys then. A couple minutes on Google news will tell you that nearly 30 percent of people who bought a BB10 device came from iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Apparently there are features compelling enough to make people jump platforms.

Seriously dude, get over your Blackberry hate. The reviews are great and the devices are selling better than RIM could have ever dreamed. Analysts now acknowledge that more than 3 million BB10 devices will be sold (their "best possible outcome" number) far more than the 1 million, (their "what rim needs to survive" number) with many who were once skeptical saying they'll likely sell 8 million or more.

The BB10 launch has been a success, move on and find something else to nay-say.

Agreed. Everywhere I go says that sales have been strong. My friend is gonna get one and said I can try it out. Looking forward to that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums