06-03-2013 08:40 PM
461 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Gross! The new BB closest competition would be the galaxy S fascinate. Every high end smartphone since has been better. Heck I would even take an OG HTC EVO 4G over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    PFF, now you're just being silly. Hardware wise it's better than the galaxy S3.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    03-23-2013 01:12 PM
    The members who founded this thread and others like it were those who associated the two devices, not me
    Founded?? Lol

Sent from Note 2
    03-23-2013 01:48 PM
    I have a Motorola Droid 3.

I am sick of rebooting it every day. I am sick of it thinking I am still in my car 2 hours after I leave it (still connected via "bluetooth"). Headphone jack broke after 6 months. And plenty of other things I don't like about the phone.

Yes, it is a few versions old. And I am done. I will never get an Apple. And quite frankly, for what I do (e-mail, phone, web browsing, MP3s), I am getting a Z10. If the Z10 didn't get great reviews I'd get another Android.

But why? Because I'm not afraid to try something different. Listen, I listen to music, check e-mail and prefer web browsers over apps. I care less for games.

So, my thoughts:
    I want a good web browser. Z10 wins hands down. If you disagree, you need to start reading about it with an open mind.
    I want a good e-mail experience. Sorry, the blackberry hub wins.
    I need an MP3 player .... Android probably wins even though I have yet to find one I like.
    Pandora ... works on both Z10 and Android so non issue. Yes, it works on a Z10 via sideloading so don't say it doesn't.
    Phone ... either is good
    keyboard .... sorry Z10 wins. I know there are other keyboards for Android but none are better than the Z10s. And quite frankly, I don't want to customize my phone. I want something that works from the second I first turn it on.

For my needs, the bandwidth that 4G LTE provides means that I no longer need apps. I can just use the browser. Everything I do can be done with a very few apps. Why don't people realize this?

So, I get something that is actually more efficient for my needs.

So ya, I'm leaving.

Can't wait to see people whine about how I am wrong. If I am wrong, you are biased. Android has one advantage. ONE. It has games. I don't care about games.
    Not sure but I think google apps work better on android. Not even sure all the google apps I use are available on bb, if so, I stand corrected. I see no difference in the gmail app on my phone and the email I used to use on bb. I was a crackberry addict for several models, 8300, 9000, 9700 before leaving. I still want to slap those buffoon co CEO's for running that company into the ground...can't go back. I commend you for trying it but, I am happy with android.
    03-23-2013 01:57 PM
    having an opinion different than someone doesn't justify you saying someone is silly. You have your opinion and others have theirs. No need to demean them.
    03-23-2013 04:50 PM
    having an opinion different than someone doesn't justify you saying someone is silly. You have your opinion and others have theirs. No need to demean them.
    First of all I wasn't disagreeing with an opinion, I was stating specs. Specs are not a matter of opinion.

Second, silly is about the mildest diminutive I can think of. Stop being so silly, Dave.

bigdaddytee likes this.
    03-23-2013 05:12 PM
    First of all I wasn't disagreeing with an opinion, I was stating specs. Specs are not a matter of opinion.

Second, silly is about the mildest diminutive I can think of. Stop being so silly, Dave.

I'm amazed you've wasted so much of your time in this thread crack. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    03-23-2013 05:32 PM
    I'm amazed you've wasted so much of your time in this thread crack. Lol

It entertains me, somehow. Not like genuine entertainment, more like out having a cigarette after too much mediocre Vodka, hey maybe I should tell these peeps how silly they are it'll distract me from this mildy unpleasant spinning sensation kinda entertainment.

03-23-2013 05:39 PM
    It entertains me, somehow. Not like genuine entertainment, more like out having a cigarette after too much mediocre Vodka, hey maybe I should tell these peeps how silly they are it'll distract me from this mildy unpleasant spinning sensation kinda entertainment.

Fair enough.

03-23-2013 05:44 PM
    Blackberry sucks. Enough said
    Android is where it's at
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    You do realize that BB is the pioneer of smartphones, don't you? Show some respect.
    crackberrytraitor likes this.
    03-24-2013 06:57 AM
    How do u know that? Spent quality time with one?

Sent from Note 2
    Such hatred towards a BB. Do your research into the new BB and you'll see that it's true. I just hate seeing people post comments like this without even doing a tad bit of the research.
    03-24-2013 06:59 AM
    RIM's culture is not to cater to the everyday user. AAMOF, I think part of the reason they don't is that they can save a tiny bit of face by pretending all that they WANT is the corporate people.

I seriously doubt RIM is going to be anything but a niche player from now on...until someone swallows them up. They have nothing compelling to offer, to cause people to switch from Apple or Android. To think otherwise is just fanboyism at it's most optimistic.
    You seriously need to do your research man. BB is not RIM anymore, lol! See, post without research....shows you know nothing.
    03-24-2013 07:02 AM
    Ok. I saw the BB z10 yesterday. I am longtime BB user in the past (8300,9000, 9700) and left for iphone 3gs and then captivate after iphone 4 came out and have been android ever since. I was one who said I would not and could not go back due to the way those ***** CEO's failed this company.

I saw and played with the Z10 yesterday. I must say I was impressed. It was more impressive than my Nexus 4 for sure, which is what I was carrying. A lot remains to be seen but I was impressed. Lot of great androids comming out and the Z10 is certainly in a difficult place but I was impressed and once the S4 and HTC One come out I will take a look at all of them.

It was a bit smaller at 4.2 inches and the 1800 mAh battery seems small, but it remains to be seen how long it lasts. Also the app world is a concern with very limited amount of apps. I heard you can sideload android apps so I may look into that.

It could not replace my Note 2, no other device could, but it was nice- maybe a weekend phone instead of my Nexus 4?. Hopefully by then Key Lime Pie will be out on my Nexus 4 and that will hold me till the new Nexus...

Engadget does not think this is enough to pull android and iOS users back to Blackberry. Here is the quick lowdown on you tube.

03-24-2013 09:59 AM
    Don't get me wrong the phone looks cool. but it seems to me a lot of people will get bored of it fast I know I will.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    03-24-2013 12:00 PM
    I have used (or I did use) a BB for 12 years, and had a 9810 before picking up the Note 2 yesterday. I played extensively with the Z10 yesterday at Best Buy Mobile, even though I know I couldn't get it due to my firm having no plans to add a BES 10 server.

It's an improvement, obviously, and a nice phone, but that's about it. Nothing special, although the OS is interesting. But it is/was a pale competitor indeed to the Note 2.

Bye bye BlackBerry.
    randall2580 and _X_ like this.
    03-24-2013 12:27 PM
    I been with blackberry for over 8 years. The current phone i have with them is 9900....the phone is great...and i never felt the urge to leave BB because of BBM and the email/keyboard.....

I had seen the Galaxy S3 before..... but when i played with the Galaxy Note 2.. wow. im sure the new bb10 is gonna be good.... but im ready for a change.... apps like MagicJack and skype are so useful and BB does not have it....

I pick up my new Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow..... so pumped...
    03-24-2013 03:37 PM
    I been with blackberry for over 8 years. The current phone i have with them is 9900....the phone is great...and i never felt the urge to leave BB because of BBM and the email/keyboard.....

I had seen the Galaxy S3 before..... but when i played with the Galaxy Note 2.. wow. im sure the new bb10 is gonna be good.... but im ready for a change.... apps like MagicJack and skype are so useful and BB does not have it....

I pick up my new Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow..... so pumped...
    BB10 will have Skype. The Note 2 is a great phone, enjoy it!

03-24-2013 04:39 PM
    I won't switch over to Blackberry anytime soon. They're new BB10 OS still needs a lot of work to be a well polished machine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-24-2013 05:03 PM
    It's really tempting, might pick one up but I doubt it will become my daily driver over my note

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-24-2013 05:21 PM
    The members who founded this thread and others like it were those who associated the two devices, not me
    When your best selling point is a keyboard. I really have nothing else to say to you. BlackBerry sent me one for free. It is in my drawer collection dust since 3/13.

03-24-2013 07:56 PM
    For me, there's no comparison in hardware; the Note2 is the best phone hardware available right now (for my needs only - I'm aware others have different priorities). But I continue to be frustrated by Android's limitations and quirks - like the continuing lack of a sync utility for contacts, tasks and calendar. (It's just gotten worse since Google dropped support for Google Calendar Sync.) If BB came out with comparable hardware, I'd seriously consider switching.
    03-25-2013 11:03 AM
    For me, there's no comparison in hardware; the Note2 is the best phone hardware available right now (for my needs only - I'm aware others have different priorities). But I continue to be frustrated by Android's limitations and quirks - like the continuing lack of a sync utility for contacts, tasks and calendar. (It's just gotten worse since Google dropped support for Google Calendar Sync.) If BB came out with comparable hardware, I'd seriously consider switching.
    Can you please explain what problems you're having with synchronizing your calendar

Sent from my Nexus 7
    03-25-2013 01:25 PM
    Can you please explain what problems you're having with synchronizing your calendar
    Calendar syncs fine using Google Calendar Sync. However, there's no guarantee that it will continue to do so with future versions of Outlook, and the Google Calendar Sync is no longer being supported.

There's no auto-sync for contacts, which puts Android at a distinct disadvantage relative to BB for business users, especially those whose contact list changes frequently. My experiences with third-party apps for this purpose have not been positive.
    1812dave likes this.
    03-25-2013 03:33 PM
    03-25-2013 07:35 PM
    Brightstar supplies most retailers, including best buy.

taylorz_412 likes this.
    03-25-2013 08:58 PM
    Did u read the entire article ?

Sent from Note 2
    03-25-2013 09:41 PM
461 ... 1213141516 ...