06-03-2013 08:40 PM
461 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Did u read the entire article ?

Sent from Note 2
    Yes. Just because verizon buys them from brightstar doesn't mean others don't. That was my only point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-25-2013 09:45 PM
    Yes. Just because verizon buys them from brightstar doesn't mean others don't. That was my only point.

Lol. You are preaching to the choir. My point was that Verizon buys direct when they are confident about sales. They buy from bright star when they may have to let brightstar unload them to other buyers if sales are sluggish. This does not bode well for bb

Sent from Note 2
    bigdaddytee and phonejunky like this.
    03-25-2013 10:19 PM
    Lol. You are preaching to the choir. My point was that Verizon buys direct when they are confident about sales. They buy from bright star when they may have to let brightstar unload them to other buyers if sales are sluggish. This does not bode well for bb

Sent from Note 2
    Exactly, blackberry won't bounce back. My friend was so excited the other day because she purchased blackberry stock. I was like /facepalm

1812dave and phonejunky like this.
    03-25-2013 10:37 PM
    Not everyone on Android is a gamer. I don't play games. I have had BB but its not for me. I don't knock anyone for their choice. Enjoy your phone. That's all that matters. Right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    1812dave and itsdollar like this.
    03-25-2013 10:45 PM
    Calendar syncs fine using Google Calendar Sync. However, there's no guarantee that it will continue to do so with future versions of Outlook, and the Google Calendar Sync is no longer being supported.

There's no auto-sync for contacts, which puts Android at a distinct disadvantage relative to BB for business users, especially those whose contact list changes frequently. My experiences with third-party apps for this purpose have not been positive.
    Lotus Traveler auto-syncs contacts, at least if the business is using Notes 8.5.
    03-26-2013 09:44 AM
    well, i dont have a Note but i have a Nexus 4 and I would never leave android for a BB ever.

although BB10 looks nice with tons of feature added.
    BlackBerry had their chance and they really screwed it up. They are toast.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Bought my first and only BlackBerry product when the Playbook first came out and felt that Rimm didn't live up to there promise with it. So there's no chance that I will ever buy another BlackBerry.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    These are some very close minded things to say. You act like just because they hit a rough patch the past few years that they could never produce a phone worth using ever again. Did you forget who revolutionized the smart phone industry some years back?

Not to mention the Z10 has done remarkably well in most reviews, my own included.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    03-26-2013 06:19 PM
    Lotus Traveler auto-syncs contacts, at least if the business is using Notes 8.5.
    I have never spoken to anyone who actually uses Lotus Notes, so this is a pretty fringe audience IMO.
    03-26-2013 09:30 PM
    I would not mind checking it out. I happen to love android. I always did.. Even when I grabbed an iPhone Sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-26-2013 09:47 PM
    These are some very close minded things to say. You act like just because they hit a rough patch the past few years that they could never produce a phone worth using ever again. Did you forget who revolutionized the smart phone industry some years back?

Not to mention the Z10 has done remarkably well in most reviews, my own included.
    Just because they "revolutionized" the smart phone industry doesn't mean you owe them loyalty. We still pay for our products and if you want my money you have to come out with something that is not 2011 technology. Their biggest selling point is the keyboard. Bahh, wait a couple months and you'll have some developer port it to android or ios. I got one for free through blackberry if you want I'll sell it to you, I'm good with my note 2

1812dave likes this.
    03-26-2013 09:49 PM
    I have never spoken to anyone who actually uses Lotus Notes, so this is a pretty fringe audience IMO.
    You need to get out more.

It's obviously a smaller portion of enterprise than Outlook, but it's still quite significant. If it weren't, IBM would have given it up long ago.

Lotus Traveler has replaced Good Technology in most firms/companies who use Notes instead of Outlook. Traveler auto-syncs everything just fine -- just like my BB did for 12 years.

So what were you saying again about Android being at a distinct in connection with enterprise users?

Because it just ain't so, Joe.
    03-27-2013 06:08 AM
    Generally speaking, I'm keeping a close eye on blackberry but staying with Android for now. I've only had my Note 2 for a couple months, but I absolutely love it. I've also been on the tmobile value plan, so it makes sense for me to keep my phone as long as possible. It will be interesting to see where blackberry is at in a year or two from now.
    03-27-2013 09:44 PM
    Generally speaking, I'm keeping a close eye on blackberry but staying with Android for now. I've only had my Note 2 for a couple months, but I absolutely love it. I've also been on the tmobile value plan, so it makes sense for me to keep my phone as long as possible. It will be interesting to see where blackberry is at in a year or two from now.
    Yes indeed, their CEO said they have something "big" coming holiday 2013, but then again he may just be saying that to get stocks to go up lol

03-28-2013 01:30 AM
    Yes indeed, their CEO said they have something "big" coming holiday 2013, but then again he may just be saying that to get stocks to go up lol

I believe that is the rumoured "Aristo" model. What remains to be seen is if the device will be competitive with devices that are coming/will come out around holiday 2013, instead of the prior year's devices.
    03-28-2013 07:39 AM
    I believe that is the rumoured "Aristo" model. What remains to be seen is if the device will be competitive with devices that are coming/will come out around holiday 2013, instead of the prior year's devices.
    They can spit out as many devices as they want, just like windows phone. If you don't have the dev support for apps, you're going nowhere.

1812dave likes this.
    03-28-2013 10:59 AM
    They can spit out as many devices as they want, just like windows phone. If you don't have the dev support for apps, you're going nowhere.

I've been saying that for about a year and half now.
    03-28-2013 11:58 AM

Indeed, that's the other part of the equation, and they'll never be able to overcome it. Sure, maybe they'll finally get Skype, or Netflix, or Hulu, or Instagram, or whatever the latest must-have app is, but they will always be playing catch up because devs will always bring out what turn out to be must-have apps on Android and iOS first. Hll, the fact that they still can't get something as basic as Netflix -- Netflix!! -- just shows how impossible their situation is.
    03-28-2013 12:05 PM
    03-28-2013 12:13 PM
    I have the note 2 and the BlackBerry Z10 right now. I'm switching between both pretty regularly and really like both.

The Hub feature is pretty cool and honestly it's kind of nice not having a home button. Everything is just so darn smooth.

I just hate that I have to sideboard apps like Netflix and Amazon. I don't know how people pretend to think that is not a pain. The keyboard is pretty awesome and if they ever figure out that something like the Flow feature of SwiftKey is a god send, that would be perfect.

It also needs to be bigger. Much bigger.

However, the z10 has a much classier look than my Note 2. Solid device though.

03-28-2013 03:23 PM
    I have the note 2 and the BlackBerry Z10 right now. I'm switching between both pretty regularly and really like both.

The Hub feature is pretty cool and honestly it's kind of nice not having a home button. Everything is just so darn smooth.

I just hate that I have to sideboard apps like Netflix and Amazon. I don't know how people pretend to think that is not a pain. The keyboard is pretty awesome and if they ever figure out that something like the Flow feature of SwiftKey is a god send, that would be perfect.

It also needs to be bigger. Much bigger.

However, the z10 has a much classier look than my Note 2. Solid device though.

I can't imagine what a pain it must be to switch between two cell phones on constant basis! Is having a cell phone some sort of game??

My Note is in a leather case so "class" isn't an issue. My phone choice isn't based on the materials of which it is made, but what it can do. Furthermore, I'm not plastic-phobic.
    03-28-2013 05:13 PM
    My s3 is my first Android device after being a bb user for years. If blackberry ever comes our with a side slide out keyboard i would check ir out but honestly i cant see myself going back. Everything i wanted my blackberry to do this phone can do it better.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    1812dave likes this.
    03-28-2013 05:45 PM
    It's kind of sad that blackberry has over 100,000 apps in its first month and windows phone just hit 50,000

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    03-28-2013 09:31 PM
    It's kind of sad that blackberry has over 100,000 apps in its first month and windows phone just hit 50,000

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    It really is, windows phone seems cool and awesome but no developers are behind it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-2013 09:49 PM
    It really is, windows phone seems cool and awesome but no developers are behind it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup, and chase (my primary bank) just said they're going to stop offering the mobile banking app for blackberry was just the finishing touch for me. I gotta have my mobile banking.

03-28-2013 10:48 PM
    Calendar syncs fine using Google Calendar Sync. However, there's no guarantee that it will continue to do so with future versions of Outlook, and the Google Calendar Sync is no longer being supported.

There's no auto-sync for contacts, which puts Android at a distinct disadvantage relative to BB for business users, especially those whose contact list changes frequently. My experiences with third-party apps for this purpose have not been positive.
    Um if I read yo post correctly. U said phone contacts don't sync. That's not true your contacts go with u with your gmail.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-29-2013 01:00 AM
    I just like phones and ATT makes it easy to switch out with sim cards as you know. I let one die and just switch out for the other later on in the day.

The back of the Z10 is actually a similar flimsy plastic, you just don't know it until you actually remove it. I have a snap on case with the Note but it just isn't the same.

Both can do quite a bit. The Note can actually do much more. Even for work. But the Z10 is just much quicker switching in and out of apps.

I'm not knocking either one. But devices are amazing. I guess what I'm getting at is, they both beat the **** out of the iPhone I had for all of a week last year.

I can't imagine what a pain it must be to switch between two cell phones on constant basis! Is having a cell phone some sort of game??

My Note is in a leather case so "class" isn't an issue. My phone choice isn't based on the materials of which it is made, but what it can do. Furthermore, I'm not plastic-phobic.

03-29-2013 01:34 AM
461 ... 1314151617 ...