06-03-2013 08:40 PM
461 ... 16171819
tools
    I just wish someone would invent a snap on physical qwerty for these large phones. Does anyone else think this would be a great idea? I believe it would work fantastically. Sits right on top of the screen and snaps on and off. It could even be hinged to one side so it's permanently attached to the phone. I wouldn't care if it was or wasn't permanently attached, as long as I could have that irreplaceable tactile feedback only achieved by a physical qwerty. This note 2 would rock with that feature.
    I have 3 old 9930's that I would love to experiment with and Frankenstein the keyboard onto this phone using the above mentioned technology.
    One thing you could try is to use a Bluetooth or USB based keyboard. Might not meet the "attached" part of what you're thinking, but would provide the flexibility to have a keyboard when needed. I can appreciate the desire for the tactile feel having come from BB phones and others with physical keyboards. If I had to use a keyboard with the Note II, I'd go for one of the options suggested. Tapping into a few things you brought out above, how about a flip cover just like the ones available for the S3 or Note series? Possibly a keyboard could be added into the "smart cover" with the connectivity via Bluetooth or wired via the back panel being the battery cover which in turn is wired into phone power and comms. Bluetooth might be a stretch unless a radio could be that thin and still powered. Or just use NFC for connectivity between the phone and cover keyboard. Probably someone has already file patent(s) for this, but if not we can pair up together
    05-06-2013 06:10 PM
    Haven't you heard about Knox? Samsung galaxy s4 phones with Knox security are about to replace the US Dept.of Defense's BB phones.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    no, they're not. Knox will only allow Samsung devices to be used for low security applications, such as unclassified email and basic web browsing.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-08-2013 12:49 PM
    No bb10 does not have the same security measures pic the old phones.

BB is a mess.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    1812dave likes this.
    05-10-2013 07:49 AM
    no, they're not. Knox will only allow Samsung devices to be used for low security applications, such as unclassified email and basic web browsing.

Samsung knox security will allow BYOD at work place. When someone quits from a company, the company can erase the part where confidential datas are kept without the need for compromising users personal data.
    Read more here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=05FVYn24

It's security along with freedom to use your device the way you like it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1812dave likes this.
    05-10-2013 08:11 AM
    Samsung may have that ability with Knox, but the government has only approved it for "basic web browsing and non-secure email".

SDTRMG likes this.
    05-10-2013 10:38 PM
    I was a big BlackBerry fan up until about a year ago. Then was introduced to the S3, could not get over the screen size and features of the S3. I made the switch to android and have been very happy with that decision. Just two weeks ago I used Sprint's "green" trade in program to trade in several old phones I had, and was able to upgrade to the Note 2 for $50.

As much as I like the looks of the new Q10 and that keyboard, I just can't imagine giving up all this screen real estate and ever going with a smaller phone again.

1812dave likes this.
    05-11-2013 06:36 AM
    I was a big BlackBerry fan up until about a year ago. Then was introduced to the S3, could not get over the screen size and features of the S3. I made the switch to android and have been very happy with that decision. Just two weeks ago I used Sprint's "green" trade in program to trade in several old phones I had, and was able to upgrade to the Note 2 for $50.

As much as I like the looks of the new Q10 and that keyboard, I just can't imagine giving up all this screen real estate and ever going with a smaller phone again.

I agree with this my only slight concern of being a new N2 owner myself is the size of the phone, It can be a bit cumbersome.
    05-11-2013 09:58 AM
    I was also concerned about it maybe being to big, but now that I've had it for two weeks it seems normal and my wife's S3 seems small. I also have mine in a Seidio Active case. It doesn't add muck bulk and I like the protection it provides. I did drop it from waist high on to the asphalt on the second day with no damage, thanks to the case.

05-11-2013 11:47 AM
    I tried one out in a store ad was really confused, and I haven't even been using android that long. Also, I used a 9800 Bold for a while.

Am I getting old?
    05-11-2013 11:50 AM
    I've been a long time BB user, I even had the Z10 for 3 months.

Great phone, great OS, wayyyyy better than os 7,6,5 etc....fast,great battery, great pics, Aamazing keyboard, great camera time shift feature, I loved it.

But when I saw the HTC one...I was blown away, the screen is hi res, Batt life is great, all the apps I can get, and it looks so good in my hand,

I have nothing negative to say about the new line of BB10 phones,they're amazing. I just fell in love with the HTC one and decided to switch..literally just yesterday haha.

I would definitely go back to BB, especially with their flagship coming at the end of this year....

Both platforms, BB and Droid, are great, each with their own experience.

I support both!!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 11:55 AM
    I was also concerned about it maybe being to big, but now that I've had it for two weeks it seems normal and my wife's S3 seems small. I also have mine in a Seidio Active case. It doesn't add muck bulk and I like the protection it provides. I did drop it from waist high on to the asphalt on the second day with no damage, thanks to the case.

IMO, the Note 2's size is the "new normal". Smaller phones look very diminutive to me, are hard to view, and hard to type on.
    05-11-2013 06:38 PM
    I've been a long time BB user, I even had the Z10 for 3 months.

Great phone, great OS, wayyyyy better than os 7,6,5 etc....fast,great battery, great pics, Aamazing keyboard, great camera time shift feature, I loved it.

But when I saw the HTC one...I was blown away, the screen is hi res, Batt life is great, all the apps I can get, and it looks so good in my hand,

I have nothing negative to say about the new line of BB10 phones,they're amazing. I just fell in love with the HTC one and decided to switch..literally just yesterday haha.

I would definitely go back to BB, especially with their flagship coming at the end of this year....

Both platforms, BB and Droid, are great, each with their own experience.

I support both!!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    What is their flagship upcoming?

05-11-2013 06:54 PM
    I switched from the Z10 to the Galaxy S4. I don't see myself switching back to blackberry anytime soon. The Z10 (os 10) is missing a lot of essentials features, and i was not interested in playing the waiting game.
    1812dave likes this.
    05-11-2013 09:11 PM
    Probably means the q10 which is a z10 with a keyboard slapped on it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-2013 11:26 PM
    If only the android system has a hub like thing. That is the thing that attracts me, plus it would be nice to have.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-2013 11:40 PM
    Both the Z10 and Q10 were both announced on launched day back at the end of January. They have other devices coming out this year. One of them possibly being a phablet device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 05:40 AM
    I switched from the Z10 to the Galaxy S4. I don't see myself switching back to blackberry anytime soon. The Z10 (os 10) is missing a lot of essentials features, and i was not interested in playing the waiting game.
    What essential features are missing? Please elaborate. The only thing I can think of is maybe their app selection.

05-12-2013 05:44 AM
    What essential features are missing? Please elaborate. The only thing I can think of is maybe their app selection.

No push notifications for apps such as ,pageonce, thescore,slicktask,bebuzz, and any other application excluding fb,twitter,LinkedIn, and whatsapp. If you want to use be buzz, you have to leave the app running as an active frame (kills battery). You don't have the ability to search emails older than 30 days. I could not for the life of me find the save as feature or rename feature. I hate how the the z10 would automatically save my photos to a default folder without giving me the option to choose a folder (maybe I was doing something wrong). I don't want to bash the z10 because it's a solid device, however it still has some catching up to do. The keyboard is cool (I'm loving swipe so far), and so is the hub.

You know my steez using Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-12-2013 08:35 AM
    I hereby declare a poor man's corroborating patent lol. I like the idea you mentioned with the flip cover keyboard. Now, one of you kids on here make this for us and we will cut you in for 5% net profit lol.
    Seriously... Even if there were a sort of rubberized stick on thing, with hard keys on top, I could see this working very well. I'm amazed this hasn't been invented yet, actually.

05-14-2013 02:18 AM
    I know they was going to bring BBM to android they have no other choice BB10 is not going to save them

Posted via Android Central App on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    1812dave likes this.
    05-14-2013 05:17 PM
    One thing you could try is to use a Bluetooth or USB based keyboard. Might not meet the "attached" part of what you're thinking, but would provide the flexibility to have a keyboard when needed. I can appreciate the desire for the tactile feel having come from BB phones and others with physical keyboards. If I had to use a keyboard with the Note II, I'd go for one of the options suggested. Tapping into a few things you brought out above, how about a flip cover just like the ones available for the S3 or Note series? Possibly a keyboard could be added into the "smart cover" with the connectivity via Bluetooth or wired via the back panel being the battery cover which in turn is wired into phone power and comms. Bluetooth might be a stretch unless a radio could be that thin and still powered. Or just use NFC for connectivity between the phone and cover keyboard. Probably someone has already file patent(s) for this, but if not we can pair up together
    Consider this our patent. Now be on the lookout for it so we can begin our infringement case!

Trees likes this.
    05-21-2013 12:58 PM
    Just pre-ordered Q10, though I have liked my Note2, I miss a physical keyboard. Plan to use Note2 as tablet on the go.

sent from my Verizon Note2...
    Prince_Poppycock and SDTRMG like this.
    06-01-2013 11:52 AM
    I use android and bb10, a nexus and z10. Both great phones and os's. the z10 actually is my daily driver now.

And the rumored flag ship "astrio" coming at the end of the year is suppose to have 4gb rams, 5-6ich screen, 1080p resolution etc.
    06-02-2013 02:16 PM
    I use android and bb10, a nexus and z10. Both great phones and os's. the z10 actually is my daily driver now.

And the rumored flag ship "astrio" coming at the end of the year is suppose to have 4gb rams, 5-6ich screen, 1080p resolution etc.
    Given the rumored astrio sounds sort of "Noteish", any insights into equivalent functionality for the S Pen and related apps and capabilities?
    06-02-2013 03:07 PM
    Given the rumored astrio sounds sort of "Noteish", any insights into equivalent functionality for the S Pen and related apps and capabilities?
    It very well is too compete with the bigger androids phones, which is smart espically if apple and microsoft womt release one. ive heard Nothing about a spen or stylus functionality as of yet, but blackberrys being tight lipped so this is purely rumours and speculation, as post on crackberry and other blog sites.
    Trees likes this.
    06-02-2013 04:29 PM
461 ... 16171819