Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The reviews I've seen are pretty complimentary. Looks like a winner - tentatively.

No, they haven't. They all say the same thing: too little, too late. And certainly not enough to save them when their chief competitor for 3rd place is a company that could swallow them whole.

Blackberry is doomed. The Z10, Q10, and OS10 are not enough to save them from their (well-deserved) fate.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No, they haven't. They all say the same thing: too little, too late. And certainly not enough to save them when their chief competitor for 3rd place is a company that could swallow them whole.

Blackberry is doomed. The Z10, Q10, and OS10 are not enough to save them from their (well-deserved) fate.

Pffff. Blackberry outsold Windows phone, HTC and Motorola put together in 2012. And that was with ridiculously outdated handsets.

I remember you raving a few months ago that BB10 was vaporware and would never make it to market. Don't be a sore loser.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Pffff. Blackberry outsold Windows phone, HTC and Motorola put together in 2012. And that was with ridiculously outdated handsets.

I remember you raving a few months ago that BB10 was vaporware and would never make it to market. Don't be a sore loser.

Uhmm I never posted anything here about BB10.
And all of those 'sales' were to companies, not individuals, most of which are abandoning the platform. Sales also don't matter if you make no money.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

How long are you going to claim you aren't emotionally invested in bb??

Sent from Note 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Uhmm I never posted anything here about BB10.
And all of those 'sales' were to companies, not individuals, most of which are abandoning the platform. Sales also don't matter if you make no money.

You posted in another BlackBerry thread about 5 months ago, literally said 3 times that blackberry was doomed to never come to market.

And actually very few of Blackberry's sales last year were to enterprise clients, almost all of whom were waiting for BB10 to purchase further handsets. The are many countries in which Blackberry still remains the most popular smartphone.

Look, you were wrong before and you're wrong now. Why don't you quit while you're ahead this time.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You posted in another BlackBerry thread about 5 months ago, literally said 3 times that blackberry was doomed to never come to market.

And actually very few of Blackberry's sales last year were to enterprise clients, almost all of whom were waiting for BB10 to purchase further handsets. The are many countries in which Blackberry still remains the most popular smartphone.

Look, you were wrong before and you're wrong now. Why don't you quit while you're ahead this time.

You have me mistaken for someone else. I have not posted anywhere on here about blackberry.

I'll also say it again: sales are meaningless if you're not making money. RIMs ASP is pitiful at around $260. Apples, for comparison, is $650.

The market has passed RIM by, and they still don't understand why.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You have me mistaken for someone else. I have not posted anywhere on here about blackberry.

I'll also say it again: sales are meaningless if you're not making money. RIMs ASP is pitiful at around $260. Apples, for comparison, is $650.

The market has passed RIM by, and they still don't understand why.

It was you, JBH.

Blackberry doesn't have to make the same level of profit as Apple to be successful. As long as they're not losing money, they won't be selling out to anyone. There's no indication that they'll be losing their spot in 3rd place anytime soon.

If the world was passing them by, they wouldn't still have 85% of the enterprise market. They can turn a profit on that alone.

Blackberry makes a unique product, and between 70-80 million customers seem to want it and nothing else.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It was you, JBH.

Blackberry doesn't have to make the same level of profit as Apple to be successful. As long as they're not losing money, they won't be selling out to anyone. There's no indication that they'll be losing their spot in 3rd place anytime soon.

If the world was passing them by, they wouldn't still have 85% of the enterprise market. They can turn a profit on that alone.

Blackberry makes a unique product, and between 70-80 million customers seem to want it and nothing else.

Show me where they're turning a profit.

Oh, and you do have me confused with someone else. Look through my post history. I have never posted anything about blackberry on this forum.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Not leaving...but they do have my attention. I really like what I see from BB10. And I like the design of that all screen phone. Not a fan of physical keyboards anymore. BB and WP seems like a good option if I ever got tired of Android. Right now I might put BB ahead of WP. The Live Tiles ....I cant get into that at all.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Crack bro, don't waste your time. Not everyone can see the appeal in more than one brand. Best to just move on to something worth your attention.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Show me where they're turning a profit.

Oh, and you do have me confused with someone else. Look through my post history. I have never posted anything about blackberry on this forum.

How about a friendly wager, sir. If Blackberry is turning a profit and hasn't sold out, then you're wrong. If it isn't, or they're bought out, then victory will be yours. We'll both be here in 6 months. I'll make an event on my calendar so I'll remember. Whoever turns out to be right must a thread entitled "I was wrong and I'm a giant, wrong, wrong McWrongface, and also a ninny".

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
How about a friendly wager. We'll both be here in 6 months. I'll make an event on my calendar so I'll remember. Whoever turn's out to be right must make a thread entitled "I was wrong and I'm a giant, wrong, wrong McWrongface, and also a ninny".

Sorry, I don't make wagers with giant ninnys.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
How about a friendly wager. We'll both be here in 6 months. I'll make an event on my calendar so I'll remember. Whoever turn's out to be right must make a thread entitled "I was wrong and I'm a giant, wrong, wrong McWrongface, and also a ninny".

I laughed a lot more at that than I should have.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc