Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It tends to be accurate

I can see it now: more rim server issues leaving users without services for hours and days at a time. Just wait...

Sent from Note 2

Last edited:

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Past behavior predicts future behavior
That's not even close to being true.

The very first version of Android OS was horrible. If past predicts future then Android would have been gone long ago.

On a side note, in one of the videos on Crackberry's site they said "Not 1 single line of code was used from the old OS". These are completely new pieces of hardware and completely new OS. The only thing that's left-over is the BleckBerry name.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Dude, American sales are nothing to poke a sick at. BB doesn't sell great in the major European countries either. Or Asia. Sure, they might sell a TON of devices in Puerto Rico or Guatemala but that is nothing to brag about. It's not being dense or close minded, it's economics. I'm not bashing BB. I have a lot of interest in the company. But don't act like they are content and happy to be the top dawg of 3rd world countries.

UK market share: 8% (as of Fall '12)
Three crucial BB markets:
Spain: 3%
Brazil: 3%
France: 7%

(source: http://bgr.com)

So I guess let's wait and see what happens with this new release. Hopefully these numbers improve.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Please, feel free to mention their market share in England or Indonesia, where they are the number 1 most popular smartphone.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
and if people start compare Android 1 with BlackBerry 10 you'll complain that it's unfair :) You cannot compare BlackBerry several years ago and BlackBerry 10.

P.S. I don't try to convert you or even convince to try it, it was just a remark

If there is one thing that I have noticed its that android and apple both have huge fanboi populations where as in general crackberry users have no problem admitting that there are things about blackberry that suck.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Past behavior predicts future behavior

Sent from Note 2

The Americans were rather docile until they kicked England in the ass.

At one time every market analyst in the world said Apple was doomed and they should sell out.

So yeah, fail.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah so this is about whether or not you want him to be impeached, not whether such a thing could ever actually happen.

While you're at it, I want a bb-gun and a pony.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Still don't admit you are emotionally invested so much that you will defend rim ad nauseum?

Sent from Note 2

Last edited:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If there is one thing that I have noticed its that android and apple both have huge fanboi populations where as in general crackberry users have no problem admitting that there are things about blackberry that suck.

There are also BB fanboys that think anything else is a toy. Even if a person uses Google Apps only for all their work....they will still say Android is a toy....BB is for real work. ALL fanboyism sucks.

I like how you pointed out that it helps if we take a step back and read our posts as a 3rd party. That is always a good idea in these forums as it keeps debate at a friendly level. I will say as I read your post, Android's first offering in the smartphone world was just that. Their FIRST offering. BlackBerry 10 is not this company's first attempt. That would be my concern if I was a BlackBerry user. A more accurate comparison would be if Android was stagnant for 3 years and then came out suddenly with 8.0.0 and it only "showed promise" or "had potential".

I think Dave's point is that this is a CRUCIAL step for BlackBerry and it underwhelmed him. It's cool if you or I disagree with him because I personally thought it looked pretty cool and interesting. But at the same time I also had higher hopes when I woke up. I actually felt a little giddy when I remembered their release was that day. I desperately want an innovative competitor for Android so that they don't fall into the same trap of complacency that is plaguing Apple. And as much as I love Android, I would switch in a heartbeat if someone else came out with a better offering. My loyalty is to myself and my needs. I could care less who is making the product, as long as I have access to the best that's available. I wont buy Android if it's the 3rd best, or just a niche product because I feel like consumers deserve better. That same concept applies for me to BB and Apple or Symbian or whoever else.

Agree with what I bolded 100%. I noticed WP fans do the same thing. Android and iOS were babies to the mobile OS. Even tho Apple had the Newton years ago...I assume it ran some Apple OS.

WP and BB10 is a total revamp....but MS and RIM have been doing this for so many years. Its not a new platform...its a new OS from those companies. IMO...MS and RIM took way too long to try to answer the iPhone. Both had CEO's or execs basically laugh at it...look how that turned out. Its called BB10....and WP 7 and 8. That should tell ppl this isnt their first attempt at this. Android started as 1...so did iOS. ...that should tell ppl something. Apple and Android should have never been able to do what they did. Especially Android.....how are you gonna come to the mobile OS arena with your first attempt....and answer the iPhone better than 2 veterans? And poor Palm....wow.

But I actually like what I see from BB10. I think it has real potential. I also predict it will wind up taking more market share from the iPhone than WP or Android. Apple is gonna have to redesign iOS. On one hand I dont mind the if it aint broke mentality... but once that doesnt seem to be working anymore...its time to adapt. MS and RIM waited too long to adapt....so now they are at opposite places than before the iPhone launched. RIM and MS were 1 and 2 in market share years ago.....

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Please, feel free to mention their market share in England or Indonesia, where they are the number 1 most popular smartphone.

Blackberry hasn't been the most popular smartphone platform in England for over a year. If it is in Indonesia, its because blackberries are dirt cheap. Not exactly something to be crowing about.

jiwengang

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am holding the new blackberry 10 Alpha Device (with official blackberry 10 OS on it). It is AMAZING.

I will not buy a BB10 phone because I already have one. But it is a great system and I do recommend it.

the QNX is the future of full integration. Its' OS structure makes the system highly distributed and highly secure and fast. It will have little performance issue and it will not have security breach.

It is said (and I am not sure how to verify) that President's case holding nuclear button . that system is based one QNX. . .

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am holding the new blackberry 10 Alpha Device (with official blackberry 10 OS on it). It is AMAZING.

I will not buy a BB10 phone because I already have one. But it is a great system and I do recommend it.

the QNX is the future of full integration. Its' OS structure makes the system highly distributed and highly secure and fast. It will have little performance issue and it will not have security breach.

It is said (and I am not sure how to verify) that President's case holding nuclear button . that system is based one QNX. . .

Are you aware that not one thing you mentioned will resonate with the average consumer? That's the same issue that rim execs have... They dont GET IT. If they can't win back a ton of corporate business they are toast.

Sent from Note 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you aware that not one thing you mentioned will resonate with the average consumer? That's the same issue that rim execs have... They dont GET IT. If they can't win back a ton of corporate business they are toast.

Sent from Note 2

They already have tons of corporate business.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Many companies have been transferring to iphone already and won't be going back. Two family members of mine work for global companies and told me it's too late now because they implemented their new processes.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
BYOD is going to kill blackberry. It already is. Their best bet would have been to focus on the services side and be THE software solution for enterprise. (Including BYOD)

If they did that they would have faded into obscurity. They have plenty of advisors who reviewed that option.

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
From iPhone to note 2.. That what I did.. NEVER gonna use BB.. I just HATE it.. And whatsapp replaces anything like BBM