Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Well i can say feom experience that the ease of use, The Hub, is ehat keeps me using my Z10 as my daiky driver. My note 2 stays at home and today is the first time since Feb 5 that I picmed it up.

I love my Note 2 but if BlackBerry can get more devs on their side I think many people will yake the olunge like I did. The only thing I miss is my Tapatalk!! Lol which is why I am here today :)

There is a phone for eveyones needs and peooke have to figure that out and stop all the hatred of other platforms.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There is a phone for eveyones needs and peooke have to figure that out and stop all the hatred of other platforms.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
Sadly, as long as there is more than one choice in brand in any industry there will always be hatred.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, as long as there is more than one choice in brand in any industry there will always be hatred.

What is so bad about people having a personal preference? Why act like choice is terrible? You could not make me ever use a bb again if you paid me. That shouldn't annoy you

Sent from Note 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
What is so bad about people having a personal preference? Why act like choice is terrible? You could not make me ever use a bb again if you paid me. That shouldn't annoy you

Sent from Note 2

It's not that you don't wanna use BB, it's that you go to whatever lengths you can to bash BB just cause you don't like it and for what happened in the past without even giving them a chance when they obviously did everything they could to make a great modern product.

No-one's making you use it tho.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Past experience is a good indicator of future experience. I see no reason to leave Android. None at all

Sent from Note 2

wxmancanada

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been a diehard BB user for as long as I can remember and have had access to BlackBerry 10 hardware since last July - but this past October Android and I made eye contact across the room - having my BlackBerry in hand, I shrugged it off and went home - the next morning I found myself at a Rogers store picking up a new S3 - when I got home I had to keep it hidden from my BlackBerry, but I was able to sneak in some S3 time before bed - so many things to explore!

Come November I switched over to Android full time - best decision I've ever made.

Now I rotate between an S3, Note 2 and Razr HD LTE.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Past experience is a good indicator of future experience. I see no reason to leave Android. None at all

Sent from Note 2

If past experience was a good indicator of future experience, Android would still hold a nominal share of the smartphone market, Macs would still be the desktop computer of choice for the masses and we would all be citizens of the Roman Empire.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'm not the only one not in love with bb. Sales estimates slashed 83%....

Sent from Note 2

Pff. Estimates from PC and CG, the same two bit analysts who predicted first that BB10 would never launch and then later that they would extend their launch date to March-April and about 1000 other things in the tech world that never ended up happening.

For goodness sake their idea of "investigations" was to poll under 1000 people, less than 100 from outside the states (which happens to be where most Blackberry customers are) and talk to salesmen at 10 retailers, (not 10 chains, I mean they literally just went to 10 stores and asked the guys behind the counter how many Blackberries they recall selling) it's truely pathetic.

Why don't you pull post an article from some newsstand tabloid about how Obama is secretly an alien, it would be just about as credible.

There's a reason no real analysts are posting sales numbers yet. It's because nobody but Blackberry actually has any.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
And it all came down to this....
Edit%5B1%5D.jpg

ShelaghDB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't a matter of competition but many entrepreneurs don't make good managers. They are great at the beginning but not the follow though. The two owners of RIM were too busy with other things. One bought a basketball team, or a baseball team. Cant remember which it was but they also were notorious for not firing anyone and having a great work atmosphere which is wonderful for employees but it doesn't bode well for a company in the long run. They should have stepped aside a lot sooner and brought in new blood, long before they did. I wish them nothing but the utmost success and really hope they can be a viable company once again but then, I am from Toronto and as they are a Canadian company, its only natural I wish to see them do well. BTW, they have legally changed their name from RIM to just Blackberry

MilnerR

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Had a Bold 9900 for the last year and liked a lot of the features, including the hardware keyboard which was fantastic. My original plan was to upgrade to a BB10 device and when the Z10 came out here in the UK at the end of Jan I went down to my local O2 shop with the intention of parting with ?480! I had a good play with the Z10 and found it very nice, but a little underwhelming, it had all the features of a reasonably modern smart phone but lacked anything special.
I then started to consider the lack of apps, or the number of important apps that were promised some time soon and decided the the Z10 and the BB ecosystem didn't quite cut it. I still spent ?480 but it was on a Note 2 rather than a Z10. The experience so far has been amazing, there is very little that the Note 2 can't do. I'll be keeping an eye on Blackberry products but I can't see myself going back. I still have a playbook that will get BB10, so at least I can have a play with BB's new OS.

It's a shame, I really like the Blackberry brand, they just seem intent on self destruction.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Had a Bold 9900 for the last year and liked a lot of the features, including the hardware keyboard which was fantastic. My original plan was to upgrade to a BB10 device and when the Z10 came out here in the UK at the end of Jan I went down to my local O2 shop with the intention of parting with ?480! I had a good play with the Z10 and found it very nice, but a little underwhelming, it had all the features of a reasonably modern smart phone but lacked anything special.
I then started to consider the lack of apps, or the number of important apps that were promised some time soon and decided the the Z10 and the BB ecosystem didn't quite cut it. I still spent ?480 but it was on a Note 2 rather than a Z10. The experience so far has been amazing, there is very little that the Note 2 can't do. I'll be keeping an eye on Blackberry products but I can't see myself going back. I still have a playbook that will get BB10, so at least I can have a play with BB's new OS.

It's a shame, I really like the Blackberry brand, they just seem intent on self destruction.

I dunno. I like my Z10 and my Android phones for different reasons. The Z10 is more efficient for communication. Unified hub for all communications, excellent gesture based UI and outstanding keyboard. I've yet to find an app that I use on daily basis that isn't available for the Z10.

Currently swapping between my N4, One X and Z10.

They are all fantastic phones.